Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Windscribe VPN - RFD Exclusive Deal ($12/year)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 16th, 2019 11:34 am
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
2537 posts
5690 upvotes
Markham
OongaLoonga wrote: @yegorpb You've been awesome keeping up with all the question and comments on the thread. Be even more awesome and give us a lifetime deal like was offered in the past. I'm anxious to get on board! :)
Just Google Stacksocial lifetime windscribe.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
9467 posts
2643 upvotes
I second, third, and fourth that there should be a special lifetime rate exclusive for RFD members. Who better than those here to test and offer feedback.
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2006
1363 posts
201 upvotes
The chrome extension is absolutely horrible. Drops the tunnel often and leaks. Any news on changes there?
Jul 23, 2018
901 posts
387 upvotes
Dave510 wrote: Just Google Stacksocial lifetime windscribe.
Oh yeah, seen that. But 69 USD for RFD is high. Thanks for pointing it out though!
Sep 18, 2017
963 posts
1581 upvotes
Vancouver
Put out a good lifetime sub deal and RFD will eat it up. It's almost a no brainer at this point, considering they offered it for StackSocial in the US.
Sep 14, 2018
394 posts
638 upvotes
So if I just used this VPN 24/7 would I get any lag on Netflix and gaming on PS4?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5744 posts
5510 upvotes
Toronto
how does windscribe not log if they offer free accounts with limited access to control bandwidth? somehow they are tracking your usage since the free plugin only allows 50GB and the paid ones are unlimited, no?

anyone know how this compares to Nord?
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
4826 posts
4359 upvotes
B.C.
OongaLoonga wrote: Oh yeah, seen that. But 69 USD for RFD is high. Thanks for pointing it out though!
Although it's $24 US for three years and $39.99 for five, both of which are still better than this deal. More commitment mind you in the case of Stacksocial.
If I had more time, I would have written a shorter post
Mar 30, 2007
429 posts
555 upvotes
yes, like what everyone said, we see thru the annual subscription deal, please just do a lifetime deal with us.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2016
1678 posts
1736 upvotes
Montreal
yegorpb wrote: Mobile may be hit and miss in China, but Windows/Mac apps definitely work, you may need the latest version.
tried both mobile and windows, neither worked
already uninstalled...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
5348 posts
4356 upvotes
I am only getting 30 mbps on my 100 mbps connection and after the recent update, my pc will BSOD if I have windscribe connected. My pc will BSOD instantly if I do a speed test.
Nov 17, 2005
317 posts
443 upvotes
Toronto
WL1980 wrote: I am only getting 30 mbps on my 100 mbps connection and after the recent update, my pc will BSOD if I have windscribe connected. My pc will BSOD instantly if I do a speed test.
BSOD is usually caused by hardware issues. Update your network card driver, and do memtest86. Sometimes bad RAM is the cause.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 2, 2005
5347 posts
2684 upvotes
WFH
yegorpb wrote: I assume you mean the Android app? It's currently be rewritten from scratch in-house, since the current one has been outsourced, and it's a piece of shit. If you're a Discord user, you can get the beta APK in our channel: https://discord.gg/tyeEXb8

It has a bunch of new features, new UI, better battery consumption, and stability.
You're not a marketing guy are you, lol?

Yes the Android app. I'll give beta a try but if the current app is "a piece of shut" should we be worried about security or privacy issues using it?
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
2423 posts
1948 upvotes
Calgary
dirtmover wrote: You're not a marketing guy are you, lol?
Hmmmm.... Face With Tears Of Joy

By the way, the Mac app blocks wireless printing.

And, when it's on, it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting sporadically -- has done that for years on paid and free -- unlike rock-solid Express VPN and even PIA.
Last edited by FatWallet on Sep 22nd, 2018 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
In your pants!
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
4861 posts
2779 upvotes
Ontario
Personally I'm willing to sign up if an RFD lifetime exclusive deal is on the table.
Dec 11, 2008
774 posts
168 upvotes
NL
Can you download this software on your PC hiding or giving you a new IP address, then dl torrents and watch them on an Android box without putting it on your router or Android box?
Aug 15, 2013
93 posts
99 upvotes
disque wrote: Can you download this software on your PC hiding or giving you a new IP address, then dl torrents and watch them on an Android box without putting it on your router or Android box?
It should work just fine like that.

I am also in for an RFD exclusive.
The RFD effect could make a nice chunk of change for any company, and I'm ready to jump in. I have searched quite a bit for a good VPN. I've done a ton of reading and think these guys are one of the top choices for me. Just waiting on the right deal.
TheHammer
Banned
Jun 2, 2018
117 posts
192 upvotes
richiethehammers wrote: The RFD effect could make a nice chunk of change for any company
A lot less than you give yourself credit for. They'll tenfold their customer service for all the complaints, price matches, etc...
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6979 posts
3250 upvotes
dirtmover wrote: You're not a marketing guy are you, lol?

Fairly sure he's the owner, or creator of the company. This is just one of several projects he's doing on the side.
Jun 30, 2013
675 posts
266 upvotes
GTA
I will also head for a lifetime deal, think over it OP
I only response to real deals, otherwise I am blank
Self Referral Tips for Koodo - Click here...
Edited by the RFD Moderation Team due to the 4 line limit