Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Windscribe VPN - RFD Exclusive Deal ($12/year)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 16th, 2019 11:34 am
Jul 23, 2018
901 posts
387 upvotes
richiethehammers wrote: It should work just fine like that.

I am also in for an RFD exclusive.
The RFD effect could make a nice chunk of change for any company, and I'm ready to jump in. I have searched quite a bit for a good VPN. I've done a ton of reading and think these guys are one of the top choices for me. Just waiting on the right deal.
TheHammer
Which are your alternative options, in order of best to worst?
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
4239 posts
552 upvotes
Toronto
what's the max speed you can get out of this while connected?
I have 1Gigabit internet but when running this my speedtest was <200M
What setting did i do wrong?

EDIT: I suspect it might be my Avira...what antivirus do you recommend that's compatible with Windscribe?
Sep 21, 2018
1 posts

I just had bell install 500 fibe.

Please see my speed through both the pc windscribe app and Firefox browser extension.
Nov 14, 2003
704 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto
Any way to use the RFD promo code from the Android app upgrade option? I have lots of Google Play credit I could use.
Aug 15, 2013
93 posts
99 upvotes
yourdoingtoomuch wrote: A lot less than you give yourself credit for. They'll tenfold their customer service for all the complaints, price matches, etc...
Why would an RFD customer be more trouble than any other? That's silly.
TheHammer
Banned
Sep 17, 2018
19 posts
12 upvotes
yeah make us a lifetime deal OP
Abraham Lincoln's dog, Fido, was also assassinated
Aug 15, 2013
93 posts
99 upvotes
OongaLoonga wrote: Which are your alternative options, in order of best to worst?
Not in any order.
For me.
I liked PureVPN. I have had it for 2 years and it is feature rich. Speeds are ok, I have noticed a leak a time or two and the Kill Switch wasn't perfect.
I really like the "Split tunneling" feature.
PureVPN also has attractive pricing.
Nord and Express also considered as you can't help but see there "marketing", I mean reviews on so many (sponsored?) websites.
WindScribe seems to have all the good features I need, and a solution to the "imperfect killswitch".
I used WindScribe's free version and it worked without flaw.

OP is there a split tunneling feature in the future for WindScribe?

The Hammer
Jul 23, 2018
901 posts
387 upvotes
richiethehammers wrote: Not in any order.
For me.
I liked PureVPN. I have had it for 2 years and it is feature rich. Speeds are ok, I have noticed a leak a time or two and the Kill Switch wasn't perfect.
Nord and Express also considered as you can't help but see there "marketing", I mean reviews on so many (sponsored?) websites.
WindScribe seems to have all the good features I need, and a solution to the "imperfect killswitch".

The Hammer
Thanks. Gotta go google split tunneling now, lol.
Dec 11, 2008
774 posts
168 upvotes
NL
There is a life time Windscribe pro for $69.99-10%=$62.10
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
4863 posts
2779 upvotes
Ontario
disque wrote: There is a life time Windscribe pro for $69.99-10%=$62.10
Needs to be way cheaper for RFD to bite.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
2386 posts
680 upvotes
Vancouver Island
badOne wrote: this might be in USD.
It is. I sighed up yesterday and I see a charge on my CC for $15.49.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
3792 posts
2610 upvotes
Montreal
disque wrote: There is a life time Windscribe pro for $69.99-10%=$62.10
No one is gonna bite over 45 USD. I'd say that 40 USD is the sweet spot.
Nov 17, 2005
317 posts
443 upvotes
Toronto
richiethehammers wrote: Not in any order.
For me.

The Hammer
PureVPN, lol: https://torrentfreak.com/purevpn-logs-h ... er-171009/

Yes, split tunneling will be in the 2.0 version I mentioned before. Also MAC spoofing, network whitelisting and other things.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
6870 posts
1025 upvotes
Calgary
+1 for a rfd lifetime deal, $50 cdn would be perfect
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2017
1286 posts
1238 upvotes
SuckaB wrote: what's the max speed you can get out of this while connected?
I have 1Gigabit internet but when running this my speedtest was <200M
What setting did i do wrong?

EDIT: I suspect it might be my Avira...what antivirus do you recommend that's compatible with Windscribe?
I have a 1gb connection and have been with windscribe for over a year and the best I get is 150M and I have tried all the servers. Usually it is closer to 100M not 150M. Tech support can't do anything I have tried.
Nov 13, 2009
786 posts
197 upvotes
Somewhere N of 49th …
yegorpb wrote: There are 55 countries and over 100 cities you can connect to in the paid version. Free version is limited to 10 countries.
This is more than most other companies provide, if you exclude "virtual" (fake) locations that are offered by HMA, Express and Pure.
I think FatWallet is just a troll..if he is using other VPN's, as he mentioned, why bash free or cheap?..If he is in fact using your "pro service", why state there are very few server locations?..I have the free 50Gb, from a while back, and it allows me to connect to 29 different servers in the 10 countries. To me being a free service, is NOT a few server locations.
As far as his "very solid review" write-up, I wouldn't trust the articles from "RestorePrivacy" anymore than Id trust a transport wouldn't hurt if it hit me. I've seen many times the same "recommended VPN's" whilst bashing others, and pop ups for so called "discounts" If you are going to review VPN's, should it not be unbiased with no revenue coming from a VPN?..I noticed no mention in their review about Express logs..the only logs Express doesnt keep is activity and connection logs, so what of the personal data log?..most VPN's are like that, otherwise you would have do the re-sign up song and dance anytime you wanted to connect.
As for server speeds. I'm near Toronto and have tested many, last 1 being France..usually at 65/9 on my 50/10 internet and France wasn't bad at 43/5...I've tested Pure, PIA, Express, Nord, Tunnelbear and SaferVPN and all have their ups and downs..many of their servers are slow as molasses in a Canadian January.
So yes, yegorpb, I like Windscribe but as others have said, how about a nice 1 time RFD vote of thanks and a $39 USD lifetime?..I'm sure you would have a great many jump on board.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2018 posts
465 upvotes
Toronto
George613 wrote: I have a 1gb connection and have been with windscribe for over a year and the best I get is 150M and I have tried all the servers. Usually it is closer to 100M not 150M. Tech support can't do anything I have tried.
Are you getting 100 mbs using a computer? Seems pretty fast to me.

Edit: I would be in for a one time $40 or $45 US lifetime rfd deal. I already have a VPN (2 in fact) so this would just be a backup for now. They seem to have interesting plans, but plans are never guaranteed.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)