• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2018 8:44 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2007
1743 posts
116 upvotes
Adding my 2 cents for a review of Auto Glass Worx.

Wife got a crack on the windshield of her Mazda 3.

I decided to contact this shop after reading some reviews here on RFD. Got a quick response from Kenny and was able to get an appointment for the very next day. He also gave me a quote that was comparable to what I was receiving from other shops that I had called.

Arrived at the shop and was greeted by Kenny. Very friendly and informative. Gave me a very detailed run-down of the glass that I was receiving, and how the installation process was going to work. He then offered me coffee and showed me to a CLEAN and comfortable area where I was able to relax on a couch and enjoy some tv or do as I wish.

I also got to meet Kenny's brother and partner, mer1ion. Very nice and knowledgeable guy.

I decided to wait about 2 weeks post-installation before writing this review. New glass is working perfectly and no issues. Thumbs up all around for quality and customer services.
Jun 5, 2011
846 posts
165 upvotes
LONDON
general wind shield question...

can the front glass be upgraded to "acoustic" or " "laminated glass" (dont know the official name) on ANY vehicle or is this glass only available on cars that have this glass as an OEM option? Same question for side and rear glass. Looking to reduce road noise in RAV4.

thanks in advance.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
3843 posts
708 upvotes
GTEH!
phideltreefer wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2016 3:49 pm

can the front glass be upgraded to "acoustic" or " "laminated glass" (dont know the official name) on ANY vehicle or is this glass only available on cars that have this glass as an OEM option? Same question for side and rear glass. Looking to reduce road noise in RAV4.

thanks in advance.

If you need a quick response, send a pm to Mer1ion in this thread. I think that's Kens' brother. Or call Auto Glass Worx.
😎
Dec 7, 2011
490 posts
141 upvotes
Toronto
phideltreefer wrote:

thanks in advance.
All windshields are laminated. They consist of two layers of annealed glass and a layer of laminate. Acoustic glass is only available as an option on vehicles that already have it. It's usually on higher end trimmed vehicles or luxury vehicles. To be honest, if the rest of your car isn't insulated well from road noise, putting in an acoustic window will do next to nothing. Same rule applies to side and rear glass for acoustic availability.

How bad is the road noise that you're considering changing the glass in the car?
Jun 5, 2011
846 posts
165 upvotes
LONDON
mer1ion wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2016 5:30 pm
All windshields are laminated. They consist of two layers of annealed glass and a layer of laminate. Acoustic glass is only available as an option on vehicles that already have it. It's usually on higher end trimmed vehicles or luxury vehicles. To be honest, if the rest of your car isn't insulated well from road noise, putting in an acoustic window will do next to nothing. Same rule applies to side and rear glass for acoustic availability.

How bad is the road noise that you're considering changing the glass in the car?
Well I wont change the front glass till it cracks which I assume will happen shortly for we live by two gravel pits and the stones fly out of the dump trucks daily. I read a couple articles where they compared sedans and attributed reduced interior cabin noise to the windshield when compared to other similar sedans. I am already going to dynamate and put thick bed liner in the wheel wells in the summer. Just wanted to see if I could add the glass down the road.

And yes, I have good tires on it already. Toyotas are just bad for interior cabin noise.

Thanks for the reply!
Jun 16, 2008
29 posts
Toronto
Another satisfied customer. Our 2012 Toyota Sienna had it's windshield replaced yesterday. Van was ready when promised and service was excellent.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2004
1181 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto
Another thumbs up here! Great service this morning! Car was taken in right away (I was there a few minutes before they opened) and was done even earlier than promised and I was back on the road before I knew it!

Thanks Kenny!
Dec 26, 2006
44 posts
Adding more thumbs up for Kenny at Autoglassworx. I was looking for a shop that didn't seem sketchy in the GTA when I came across this thread last Thursday. Friday morning I called Kenny and by 3:30 I was out the door with a new windshield. I had originally researched Pilkington glass for my Hyundai Genesis Coupe. Kenny told me they weren't the OEM for Hyundai and that it'd be better to go with PGW because they were the OEM for certain Hyundai vehicles. Kenny answered all of my questions and explained everything about the process. I was sold and told him to order the glass and I'm glad I did. The very next morning I drove 3 hours for a 2 day autocross race event and if the glass and seals can hold up to that, they'll hold up to anything.

He was very polite, courteous, knowledgeable and most importantly his craftmanship is A+. I'd give him 7/5 but then you'd think I was full of ***** so I give him 6/5 because he went way above and beyond.

Thanks Kenny!
Aug 12, 2010
962 posts
474 upvotes
Southern Ontario
My wife had a rock hit the middle of the windshield of her Ford Escape, creating a large blemish. Her insurance has a $500 deductible on glass, and the big shops were looking to charge $200 on top of that.

Based on the positive reviews here on RFD, I thought I would give Autoglassworx a call. Ken picked up right away, asked me about my needs, and gave me a quote along with a detailed explanation of the quality of materials used by his shop when replacing a windshield. I set up an appointment for a couple days later on Saturday. He immediately sent me a text with his stores address, and directions to get there.

I arrived for my appointment on Saturday and my car was taken in immediately. I was offered a beverage and snack, and was shown to the lounge where Ken set up a movie to watch while he and his staff replaced my windshield. I was planning on going for a walk over to a Princess Auto to pass the time, but I got into the movie while sitting in the clean and comfortable lounge. Before I knew it, the movie was over and my wife's Escape was finished.

I have to echo all the other positive comments about Ken and his team. From the cleanliness of his business, to the outstanding and friendly customer service...Ken sets the bar very high. It has been a while since I have experienced such great service. Then on top of it all, the price of the job was excellent.

I would highly recommend Autoglassworx to anyone that needs replacement or repair in the GTA.
Mar 27, 2006
135 posts
8 upvotes
Sudbury
Do they have a website or email to send a quote? local choices are slim so looking at replacing when I'm in TO next.
Aug 3, 2007
555 posts
207 upvotes
phideltreefer wrote:

thanks in advance.
What year is your RAV4?

According to Toyota Canada, all grades of 2016 RAV4 have "High Solar Energy Absorbing Window Glass, Front Windshield Acoustic Glass" http://www.toyota.ca/toyota/en/vehicles ... s/exterior.

http://www.toyota.ca/toyota/en/vehicles ... s/exterior
"Strong & Quiet"
A quiet interior starts with the exterior. Extensive use of high tensile steel gives RAV4 a body structure that's both strong and light. Additional sound-deadening materials and an acoustic windshield dramatically reduce the transmission of road and wind noise into the passenger cabin.
Aug 12, 2010
962 posts
474 upvotes
Southern Ontario
MTHead wrote:
Jun 19th, 2016 10:23 pm
Do they have a website or email to send a quote? local choices are slim so looking at replacing when I'm in TO next.
http://www.autoglassworx.ca/

I sent an email, but phone was quicker response...905-795-0669
Aug 12, 2010
962 posts
474 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Well, less than 2 weeks after having new windshield installed, another rock hit my wife's windshield leaving a thumbnail sized spider chip/crack. Ken told me when I was in 2 weeks ago to cover any new chips immediately with tape to keep contaminates out, so I did that.

Took the Escape in on Saturday and Ken's Son repaired the chip in no time. He did a fantastic job with a barely visible mark now showing. In contrast, last year when I had a stone chip repair of similar size at Speedy, it is still a totally visible spider.

As well, Ken took a few minutes to look at my back glass and eroding hinges. He offered advice on how to remedy the situation. Great guys, great business. Wish I could find Autoglass Worx equivalents for the parts of my car that are not glass.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
12110 posts
1917 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Got my windshield replaced today. OEM glass for a Acura TLX with Tech package. Ken was great. Very friendly, came and chat with me and made sure I was comfortable, whether it be watching TV or using the WiFi to do some work. He even offered me to use his desk if I needed to work in a more comfortable environment! Definitely will recommend him if I know anyone who needs windshield replacements in the future.
Sep 9, 2009
76 posts
6 upvotes
Oakville
Good to know about these guys .. may come in handy for me down the line.
Thanks RFD