1643 posts
213 upvotes
Calgary

HOT!! Windshield replacements for $150

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Windshield Surgeons Calgary
Windshield surgeons in Calgary has a promotion on right now where most vehicles can replace their windshields for roughly $150. Mine was $155 for my Mitsubishi. Other shops in Calgary were quoting my $400ish for my vehicle.

Check out their Facebook site: for more details:
www.facebook.com/WSCalgary/
Phone: 1-800-909-9923

They did it in an hour while I waited.

Not sure when the sale is over.

Edit: they also did a quick detail of my car, which is awesome considering the amount of dog hair I had in there!
Last edited by Nuprapture on Dec 2nd, 2017 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
53 replies
Jul 21, 2008
386 posts
252 upvotes
GTA
I didn’t think anybody replaced their cracked windshields in Calgary. Last time I was there almost every second car I saw had a cracked windshield.
Aug 12, 2010
291 posts
117 upvotes
beats the cost of windshield insurance
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2005
1643 posts
213 upvotes
Calgary
Slono wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 1:04 pm
I didn’t think anybody replaced their cracked windshields in Calgary. Last time I was there almost every second car I saw had a cracked windshield.
Mine was a disaster with cracks and micro-divots from sand/gravel everywhere. Had it that way for years. For $400, I wouldn't replace it. For $155 though, it was a no brainer. Couldn't see properly when the sun was low.
Jan 8, 2009
453 posts
70 upvotes
which shop in calgary did you go? north or south
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2005
1643 posts
213 upvotes
Calgary
secol wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 1:38 pm
which shop in calgary did you go? north or south
I got mine done at the south location at 4515 1 St SE
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
1197 posts
172 upvotes
Calgary
How long did it take? Last time I did one of these discounts my vehicle wasn't ready at the end of the day, and I had to rent for a day.
Nov 18, 2014
307 posts
290 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Nuprapture wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 1:08 pm
Mine was a disaster with cracks and micro-divots from sand/gravel everywhere. Had it that way for years. For $400, I wouldn't replace it. For $155 though, it was a no brainer. Couldn't see properly when the sun was low.
Windshields are an integral part of your cars structural integrity. Leaving a windshield in your car with cracks, compromises this essential structural integrity and compromises the safety of those in the car in event of a crash or other projectiles hitting the windshield!
Replacing them when there is a crack in the windshield is a smart and safe thing to do for yourself and your passengers!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2005
1643 posts
213 upvotes
Calgary
Derfel wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 1:45 pm
How long did it take? Last time I did one of these discounts my vehicle wasn't ready at the end of the day, and I had to rent for a day.
It took just under an hour while I waited.

They had me make an appointment, so I doubt these guys would schedule you in too close to closing time or would at least finish it off if it went over time. They seemed pretty professional, so can't imagine they'd leave you having to rent if they could finish it off that day
Sep 4, 2015
47 posts
16 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
As someone who lived in Calgary for 3+ years this is an interesting option. That being said I waited until I moved back to Ontario to replace my windshield and found an aftermarket one for a Mazda 3 under $130 installed . Two years later and there's still no issues with glare or chips.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2004
9223 posts
688 upvotes
Mississauga
canadianclub wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 2:07 pm
As someone who lived in Calgary for 3+ years this is an interesting option. That being said I waited until I moved back to Ontario to replace my windshield and found an aftermarket one for a Mazda 3 under $130 installed . Two years later and there's still no issues with glare or chips.
Where did you find that deal in Ontario? Looking for same one.
Aug 31, 2007
242 posts
76 upvotes
rrabbit10 wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 2:00 pm
Windshields are an integral part of your cars structural integrity. Leaving a windshield in your car with cracks, compromises this essential structural integrity and compromises the safety of those in the car in event of a crash or other projectiles hitting the windshield!
Replacing them when there is a crack in the windshield is a smart and safe thing to do for yourself and your passengers!
Which is exactly why people shouldn't consider cheap windshield replacements like this that could use inferior glass and adhesive that may not seal properly compromising the structure of the car and let water get in and lead to rust.

It's best to deal with stone chips right away that may lead to cracks instead of ever having to replace the glass.

I read an article that went in depth about the dangers of cheap windshield replacement, can't seem to find it at the moment though.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-d ... e14681108/

https://www.edmunds.com/car-care/repair ... t-way.html
Last edited by tnetisg on Dec 2nd, 2017 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 17, 2007
169 posts
15 upvotes
Good price, too bad no Windshield Surgeons store in Metro Vancouver. Could anyone recommend auto glass stores with good and reasonable price to replace Honda CR-V front windshield in Metro Vancouver (Port Coquitlam)?
Aug 27, 2007
269 posts
132 upvotes
Calgary
Rain sensored windshield costs about 265$ installed. Would be more if you have lane assist.
---------------------------------------------------------
Kindly thank if I've helped you spend money! :lol: