[Windshield Surgeons Calgary] HOT!! Windshield replacements for $150

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2017 2:18 pm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2004
9210 posts
681 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks for the information. This is probably like buying eyeglasses online, some give you the option to pay extra for AR coating, etc. I think this is exactly the same of what you see with your windshield, the cheap ones are probably not coated with AR coating, which would explain why you noticed halos/diffusion. In this case, definitely buy a more expensive glass.
PhoneyStoney wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 11:20 pm
I had my windshields changed on an Impala from Calgary (though from a different vendor). Paid $135+tax through Groupon. And I can tell you while i am happy with what I got vs what I paid. That was most definitely not an equal quality glass on my car. Fitting was top notch, however the most visible difference for me is the light diffusion of incoming headlights at night. I kept on taking off glasses and cleaning them but realized later it's the windscreen that's causing those halos/diffusion. Some people might not notice it, but that was a clear giveaway for me. Having said that, I would still do it again as my long drives in winter = frequent cracks on windshield and I wouldn't want to pay the OEM price everytime. But for folks, who change their windscreen hardly ever, they should definitely look into having the superior glass installed.

Disclaimer: I don't know the quality of the glass this vendor installs and maybe they have a better quality glass for a cheaper price than a dealership would have
Nov 24, 2007
753 posts
162 upvotes
Took the screen cap just now straight off their FB page.

Sep 4, 2015
47 posts
16 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
dealisdead wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 12:12 am
+1 looking for someone in GTA
Sorry but I cannot remember the name and misplaced my receipt. It was a place in Kitchener but I was new to the area at the time so I don't quite remember. I will continue to look for the receipt though and let you know if I find something.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2001
1613 posts
257 upvotes
Calgary
I got my windshield done at this place (south location) about 5 years ago. Knock on wood, no new cracks yet, and no leaks.

Yes, I live in Calgary and no cracks. in fact I have only had to replace my windshield once in 17 years.

There I go, just jinxed myself.....
Jul 26, 2007
936 posts
69 upvotes
Calgary
got quoted 260 all in but that might have been because my windshield has the rain sensor and forward collision.

is everyone who's getting the 149+tax quote have just plain ol' vanilla windshields? not gonna complain at 260 because it's 60% as much as other quotes i've gotten, but if it can be less...
Mar 12, 2002
137 posts
7 upvotes
Olds
My windshield had no sensors. My wife's vehicle had the rain sensors and was quoted around $170
Nov 24, 2007
753 posts
162 upvotes
Replacement glass on our 2012 Camry is made by Fuyao. Exactly the same as OEM as far as I can tell with the solar tint strip and dots around the rear view mirror. Will report back later on whether there are halos during night time driving.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2005
1641 posts
213 upvotes
Calgary
No halos or distortions on my Mitsubishi Outlander windshield. Drove around in bright sunshine as well as at night. Similarly to the post above, it has the dots and shading exactly where the OEM windshield had these features. I honestly can't even notice the windshield there while driving.
Oct 5, 2005
418 posts
49 upvotes
Just had this done. took about 1 hour, super easy, price was as advertised for my area, would highly recommend.