Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Wine & Beyond

Wine & Beyond Grand Opening - Laphroaig QC Scotch - $39.99, among other deals (AB)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2017 12:34 pm
Dec 14, 2016
277 posts
559 upvotes

Wine & Beyond Grand Opening - Laphroaig QC Scotch - $39.99, among other deals (AB)

Price:
$39.99
Savings:
40%
Retailer:
Wine & Beyond
I just left the biggest liquor store I've ever been in, at least in Calgary. Wine & Beyond is now open in Sage Hill, it's part of Liquor Stores NA Ltd. (Liquor Depot, Liquor Barn, etc). I know there are also a few in Edmonton as well, but I'm not sure prices are the same so it's possible YMMV up there. First of all, it's amazing. Second, some notable (and oddly low-priced) deals I came across:

Laphroaig Quarter Cask - $39.99 (this is normally $65-$75)
Auchentoshan American Oak - $39.99
Glen Moray Elgin Port Finish - $39.99
Alberta Premium Dark Horse Rye - $23.99 (normally $30-35)
Lot 40 Rye - $34.99
Select 6-packs of craft beer/4-talls - $10-$12

I'm sure there's more deals to be had but there's just so much selection I couldn't sift through it all. I usually stick to the scotch, rye and beer but I'm sure the odd pricing anomaly could extend to the other spirits/wine selection. The sales are totally unmarked so you really have to look.

I should add, it's 10% off when you buy 3 spirits or more, making the deals even sweeter.
45 replies
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
17118 posts
3872 upvotes
GTA
wtf $39.99 is cheaper than duty free............
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
17118 posts
3872 upvotes
GTA
anyone want to buy 10 and ship to me ?
Deal Guru
Nov 5, 2001
11979 posts
3170 upvotes
Edmonton
Two locations in the Edmonton area so far to be exact. One in Windermere common, and the other one in Sherwood Park Emerald Hills Shopping Center. There are however three more slated for the greater Edmonton area in the next year, the company I work for does the servicing for their registers and back-end systems.

I agree that it's the largest liquor store I have ever seen before, somewhere around the same size as a No-Frills or bigger.

Free samples are plentiful on the weekends and you can also take home samples of products if you pay for or even ask really nicely. Everyone should have a chance in their lifetime to try a nice Remy Martin or Hennessy sample at least once.
Dec 14, 2016
277 posts
559 upvotes
Strider wrote: Here's a flyer (prices in effect until Nov 1)

Prices seem to match up, except for the Laphroaig QC
http://reader.mediawiremobile.com/LSLP5 ... wer?page=1
The Laphroig was priced at $39.99 in store so I'm not sure why it's listed as such in the flyer. I did a triple take, maybe even a quadruple take. But it scanned through fine.
Dec 6, 2012
485 posts
316 upvotes
North
blainehamilton wrote: Two locations in the Edmonton area so far to be exact. One in Windermere common, and the other one in Sherwood Park Emerald Hills Shopping Center. There are however three more slated for the greater Edmonton area in the next year, the company I work for does the servicing for their registers and back-end systems.

I agree that it's the largest liquor store I have ever seen before, somewhere around the same size as a No-Frills or bigger.

Free samples are plentiful on the weekends and you can also take home samples of products if you pay for or even ask really nicely. Everyone should have a chance in their lifetime to try a nice Remy Martin or Hennessy sample at least once.
I don't suppose you would be able to comment on one coming to St. Albert? Having to drive all the way to Windermere to hit up the best Liquor store in the YEG area is a pain in the ass
2013 - 7 Wins - $6850 - Trip to NC/Drove NASCAR
2014 - 4 Wins - $525
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
2024 posts
1291 upvotes
anyone able to send something out east (will pay postage and $20 for your troubles)?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
6795 posts
2504 upvotes
YEG
ggs wrote: anyone able to send something out east (will pay postage and $20 for your troubles)?
CP is showing $25 to ship 6kg (roughly 4 bottles) to Bay Street (where 90% of all RFDers work/live). It's not that the postage is expensive, it's the high likelihood of bottle breakage...

Also, shipping alcohol seems to be illegal...
https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manu ... mail-e.asp
the customer and the customer's shipment of intoxicating beverages falls within one of the following categories:
a Provincial Liquor Board or Commission is mailing to a manufacturer, distributor or individual within the same province
a manufacturer of such beverages is mailing to a Provincial Liquor Board or Commission, to a distributor of such beverages in Canada, or to an individual within the same province
a distributor of such beverages is mailing to a Provincial Liquor Board or Commission, to a manufacturer or distributor of such beverages in Canada, or to an individual within the same province
such beverages are mailed between a peace officer and a test laboratory for the purpose of carrying out a lawful investigation; or
a permitted party* mails wine** from one province*** to an individual in another province in accordance with the Importation of Intoxicating Liquors Act and the respective laws of the origin and destination provinces. Laws applicable to the shipment of wine vary by province. It is the customer's sole responsibility to ensure:
the customer is legally permitted to mail wine;
wine shipments comply with applicable provincial legislation; and
recipient individuals are receiving the wine for their own personal consumption and not for resale or other commercial use.
Last edited by rf134a on Oct 13th, 2017 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
⬆⬆⬇⬇⬅➡⬅➡BA
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2005
1443 posts
376 upvotes
Calgary
Didn't realize dark horse was on sale, that is a great price. I am going to pick some up after work.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
17118 posts
3872 upvotes
GTA
excellent price for lapharaoig
Deal Guru
Nov 5, 2001
11979 posts
3170 upvotes
Edmonton
Compgod wrote: I don't suppose you would be able to comment on one coming to St. Albert? Having to drive all the way to Windermere to hit up the best Liquor store in the YEG area is a pain in the ass
Nope campbell road liquor store is as good as it gets unless you can get access to the aglc warehouse...
Oct 26, 2011
521 posts
244 upvotes
Do you know how long that pricing lasts for?
May 28, 2006
838 posts
592 upvotes
Laphroaig Quarter Cask used to be super cheap a few years ago, once a month at real canadian liquor store it was going for $30, and then prices went crazy high.

Anyway, went to the Southgate W&B, tag matched the flyer pricing of 60whatever didn't get them to scan it for me though. There's at least 2-3 other ones I know of, although I probably won't bother to check em out.
Dec 17, 2006
567 posts
330 upvotes
Calgary
Was there today as well. What a selection!
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
2654 posts
1789 upvotes
Edmonton
Compgod wrote: I don't suppose you would be able to comment on one coming to St. Albert? Having to drive all the way to Windermere to hit up the best Liquor store in the YEG area is a pain in the ass
Uhhhh take the Henday east. Much shorter going to Sherwood Park
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten....
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
4731 posts
2788 upvotes
Checked out the Windermere location. Absolutely gorgeous and massive selection. Prices seemed good on my staples, and the employees were very friendly.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1693 posts
1946 upvotes
vancouver
No luck on the Laphoaig for $39.99 at Southgate Wine and Beyond Edmonton.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
2169 posts
7243 upvotes
Calgary, AB
hansy24 wrote: The Laphroig was priced at $39.99 in store so I'm not sure why it's listed as such in the flyer. I did a triple take, maybe even a quadruple take. But it scanned through fine.
Have a pic of your receipt? I'd like to go to the Sage Hill location after work for some Laphroaig QC.

Thanks.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2004
3228 posts
964 upvotes
Mississauga
I'd buy a case if I could get Laphroaig QC at $40/bottle. We never see deal like this in ON. Unfortunately while it has always been possible to get a decent bottle of wine under $15 at the LCBO, it's no longer possible to get a decent single malt under $50....where this always used to be the case up until 3-4 years ago...I think auchentoshan 12 was the last sub $50 holdout and now that's gone the way of the dodo. Laphroaig QC has nearly doubled in price in 5yrs. Used to be $45 and now it's $87.
Last edited by Tig on Oct 16th, 2017 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)