• Jan 8th, 2013 10:26 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 11, 2009
76 posts
24 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

Wine Gums = Heaven

I love wine gums, love em. I always promised myself If I ever won the lottery one of the first things that I'd get is a LifeTime supply of winegums, thats how much I love em. Anyone else share this same love as I do?

always lookin for a bargain on wine gums, so If anyone know where I can find a big a5s bag for a low price, let me know. Brand is no issue, as they generally have the same flavours. so far Giant Tiger has 300g bag for $1.99, Walmart has 400g for $3.00.

If not, what food/snack/drink would you get a lifetime supply of if you won the lottery?
32 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17602 posts
732 upvotes
Brampton
Never really liked 'em actually

That being said, I love the original gummy bears.. although i don't really buy em anymore hehe
come troll our unofficial chatroom at #redflagdeals on EFnet
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
5406 posts
170 upvotes
BC
I used to like them a lot, but now I buy the roll maybe once a year and thats enough. They dont seem to taste as good as they used to, or maybe my tastes have changed?

My favourite now are the real fruit gummies, buy them for movies and road trips!
That's my 2cents worth
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2006
9341 posts
1547 upvotes
Toronto
and I thought I was the only one addicted to Wine Gums..LOL

I have a pack in my desk at work, a pack in my bag and some at home.

I find it really hard to find very chewy gummies nowadays.. I find them all to be too soft.

I also really like the alphabet gummies from bulk barn.
Mar 22, 2010
370 posts
6 upvotes
Actually of late I have been addicted to Anice Candy ,I found some at price choppers for 1.99 per bag so I bought a few :D
Apr 7, 2003
862 posts
66 upvotes
North York
Keelie wrote:
Jun 10th, 2010 10:31 am
I used to like them a lot, but now I buy the roll maybe once a year and thats enough. They dont seem to taste as good as they used to, or maybe my tastes have changed?
If you are referring to the Maynard's brand ones, they used to be imported from the UK but last time I bought a pack (years ago) I noticed they weren't as strong/good as they were before. I noticed they were now made here and haven't bought them since.
Apr 19, 2010
26 posts
Oakville, ON
Bulk Barn sells UK winegums. They are twice as much as local.
[OP]
Jan 11, 2009
76 posts
24 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
yeah, I hardly get the Maynard ones as well, the bags are usually over priced and the rolls are hit or miss, usually hard as a rock (made by cadburry scheppes)

The ones at Giant Tiger 300g($1.97) are Waterbridge (England) and the ones at Walmart 400g($3.00) are in-house "Great Value"
Apr 7, 2003
862 posts
66 upvotes
North York
tigerregis wrote:
Jun 10th, 2010 12:38 pm
Bulk Barn sells UK winegums. They are twice as much as local.
Does it say who makes them?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2006
9341 posts
1547 upvotes
Toronto
remik wrote:
Jun 10th, 2010 12:45 pm
yeah, I hardly get the Maynard ones as well, the bags are usually over priced and the rolls are hit or miss, usually hard as a rock (made by cadburry scheppes)

The ones at Giant Tiger 300g($1.97) are Waterbridge (England) and the ones at Walmart 400g($3.00) are in-house "Great Value"
Yeah, I have some rolls in my drawer and they're pretty tough to chew. I noticed now they put this sticky seal on the rolls that they didn't have before.

I've seen in some stores specifically Zellers that carry the really big ginormous bag of the wine gums. I think they're like 2.5 lbs!
[OP]
Jan 11, 2009
76 posts
24 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
yeah, ... I once picked up a 2LB bag of wine gums from Liquidation World for like $3.50.... best deal EVER!!! (I still went through it in like 2 days :P)

shouldve gotten more bags, learned the hard way that at liquidation world...once they're gone, they're gone :'(

I find not a lot of stores make their own store brand wine gums (which tend to be cheaper) ... they tend to make store brand JuJubes...which taste like balls.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
5406 posts
170 upvotes
BC
BJC wrote:
Jun 10th, 2010 12:30 pm
If you are referring to the Maynard's brand ones, they used to be imported from the UK but last time I bought a pack (years ago) I noticed they weren't as strong/good as they were before. I noticed they were now made here and haven't bought them since.
Yes referring to Maynard's, did not even know there were other brands???? Now I will have to look around.
That's my 2cents worth
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
8961 posts
549 upvotes
I liked these when I was younger... except the black ones. The packaging used to be clear (for the rolls), so I would riffle through the box until I found one without any black ones. :cheesygri
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
6752 posts
754 upvotes
Costco seems to have a reasonable price on them- I think they might sell them in multi roll boxes as well as in bags, but I forget.
Dec 31, 2007
295 posts
27 upvotes
jory29 wrote:
Jun 10th, 2010 7:23 pm
Costco seems to have a reasonable price on them- I think they might sell them in multi roll boxes as well as in bags, but I forget.
costco has maynards for like $8 for a 1 kg bag. i used to buy the walmart stuff, but the maynard's is better imho.

i bought a whole whack several weeks ago when it was on sale for $5 per 1 kg bag.
× < >