[OP]
Banned
Mar 7, 2008
29 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto

Wing Cheung Jewelry - Scammers!

one word: they suck!

boyfriend bought a diamond from blueniles, and went to the jewelry store to mount it on a platnium ring. they measured the ring size wrong, it felt so big on my finger that we had to go back. the store owner Sam measured my ring size again and we decided that 4.5 is the right size, the boyfriend went to their downtown store (where they do resizing) and got it done.

he came back home with a tiny ring.
so i thought to myself, wtf, either my finger swallen over night or they did the ring size wrong.

went back to the store.
and yes, they did the ring size wrong. to a size 4.

wasn't happy, called them up and was told to go downtown to get it resized, drive all the way downtown, parked, went into the store, and they said they didn't have the technicians there to do it - i called them the day before and they told me to go. F!

went back the next day (as told), said they were too ***** busy. was told to go back the next day again....

frustrated as hell, we went back today, finally got it resized. and they did such a ****** job!

the ring is paper thin now. he basically just expanded the ring instead of doing it properly.

i am so upset at them. will NOT recommend them to anyone nor will i ever go back.

beware shoppers.
32 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2002
1510 posts
789 upvotes
Mississauga
who would ever go to a place called wing cheung jewelry :lol:
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2006
1620 posts
162 upvotes
first of all wrong place to post second why did u go to a place called win cheung jewelry...when it comes to something like this dont cheap out...
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2005
1229 posts
1 upvote
laertnoM, cebeuQ
what do you expect us to say on this?

may be it's your bad day with them...

btw, how can you call them scammers if only they did a bad job? >_>
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2006
1620 posts
162 upvotes
so many people viewing because its incredibly suprising how stupid people are and how they can rush to conclusions saying their scammers when they did a bad job.
Mar 23, 2004
38247 posts
4370 upvotes
Markham
1 user has thanked fayafaya100 for this thread.

i lol'ed.
"Between a high, solid wall and an egg that breaks against it, I will always stand on the side of the egg.

Yes, no matter how right the wall may be and how wrong the egg is, I will stand with the egg."

#StandwithHK #5DemandsNot1Less
Deal Expert
Dec 14, 2005
18179 posts
344 upvotes
Richmond
Moved from "Hot Deals" to "Shopping Discussion".
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2003
15801 posts
685 upvotes
Stouffville
everybody have fun tonight.... everybody Wing Cheung tonight!
Oct 14, 2006
256 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
heat?? wrote:
Nov 1st, 2009 10:01 pm
so many people viewing because its incredibly suprising how stupid people are and how they can rush to conclusions saying their scammers when they did a bad job.
Well they did promise her the proper ring size twice and sold her the wrong size twice! So if that's not a scam, what would you call it??? It was definitely a bad job too. Once they sized the ring, they should have measured it properly again. They have tools for this! Honey, after the second time, you should have taken it somewhere else and got it done. I hope you have your diamond properly appraised too. Lets just hope its the same diamond your boyfriend bought. People should be thankful she posted her experience even if its in the wrong post. Save some other person the headache.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2005
6816 posts
326 upvotes
Ottawa
You know, all I can say is you didn't do enough research. I am super anal and paranoid about jewellers so I only go to places with a lot of reviews. But they aren't really scammers just bad jewellers/goldsmiths. Not very good with their work and you're just a unhappy customer.

EDIT: I agree with what bellehuynh said. Get your diamond appraised and remapped again if it's not GIA laser inscribed to make sure it's the right diamond! Well worth the $75 you'll spend!
[OP]
Banned
Mar 7, 2008
29 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
bellehuynh wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2009 8:51 am
Well they did promise her the proper ring size twice and sold her the wrong size twice! So if that's not a scam, what would you call it??? It was definitely a bad job too. Once they sized the ring, they should have measured it properly again. They have tools for this! Honey, after the second time, you should have taken it somewhere else and got it done. I hope you have your diamond properly appraised too. Lets just hope its the same diamond your boyfriend bought. People should be thankful she posted her experience even if its in the wrong post. Save some other person the headache.
Thanks bellehuynh!
my message does not have any purpose but to warn those who are planning to get anything from WingCheung, I don't know why viewers are critical about what i have on my message title.

for those who are not Chinese, WingCheung is a pretty popular Jewelry store @ first markham. Thought some might find it useful.
Nov 24, 2005
25 posts
2 upvotes
fayafaya100 wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2009 9:56 am
Thanks bellehuynh!
my message does not have any purpose but to warn those who are planning to get anything from WingCheung, I don't know why viewers are critical about what i have on my message title.

for those who are not Chinese, WingCheung is a pretty popular Jewelry store @ first markham. Thought some might find it useful.
people are anal for the sake of being anal. it's what the web brings out in people. same as road rage. but i digress.

thanks for the warning.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2005
6816 posts
326 upvotes
Ottawa
fayafaya100 wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2009 9:56 am
Thanks bellehuynh!

If it's meant to warn people of their bad workmanship then no need to call them scammers. I would just write a review stating what you went through and let others judge their workmanship. Calling them scammers just shows how you’re not writing an objective review, and yes, your review wasn’t a great review without telling us really how shotty the work was. What did you mean it’s paper thin? Was the band width thinner? The thickness different? Was the % of platinum changed? The overall feel/weight is different? If you had posted what you just posted on a jewellery board without evidence of the shotty work people will take what you just wrote as a hard to please or just an unhappy customer venting. Not a meaningful review. Personally I don’t know how you can measure your ring size wrong as you wear the different rings on a big key chain ring thing with various sizes that go up in 0.25’s. It’s very hard to mess that up if you did try those on yourself. If you’re going to go and wait/watch them resize the ring then it’s always always best to book an appointment beforehand. It seems you called to ask if you could come and they were like sure and then you show up with the ring and they are busy with clients that came in before you. Simple to avoid that situation with an appointment. It’s a communication problem to me.

Not to be harsh but your review just tells me an uninformed customer is venting for not getting what he/she wanted. A slightly more informed customer would have simply not have to go through you had to go through. Something else about jewellery, popular does not mean they are good! I wouldn’t go to any jeweller without proper accreditations as if you’re not serious enough to get the top designations then you’re a dabbler. I don’t care if you’ve dabbled for the last 40 years and have a lot of “experience” as if you’re truly dedicated then they should know that having these respectable designations means they are serious and not a dabbler.

If you bought a diamond on Bluenile then you should just have gotten the setting from them too if it’s a simple solitaire. They even give you 1 free resizing now.