Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2006
1618 posts
162 upvotes
bellehuynh wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2009 8:51 am
Well they did promise her the proper ring size twice and sold her the wrong size twice! So if that's not a scam, what would you call it??? It was definitely a bad job too. Once they sized the ring, they should have measured it properly again. They have tools for this! Honey, after the second time, you should have taken it somewhere else and got it done. I hope you have your diamond properly appraised too. Lets just hope its the same diamond your boyfriend bought. People should be thankful she posted her experience even if its in the wrong post. Save some other person the headache.
you sure you know what a scam is? Go to dictionary.com if you have to
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
7626 posts
161 upvotes
Montreal
grappos13 wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2009 8:25 am
everybody have fun tonight.... everybody Wing Cheung tonight!
damn you! :lol:
now, i have to clean my desk > :(
[OP]
Banned
Mar 7, 2008
29 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
setell wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2009 11:52 am
If it's meant to warn people of their bad workmanship then no need to call them scammers. I would just write a review stating what you went through and let others judge their workmanship. Calling them scammers just shows how you’re not writing an objective review, and yes, your review wasn’t a great review without telling us really how shotty the work was. What did you mean it’s paper thin? Was the band width thinner? The thickness different? Was the % of platinum changed? The overall feel/weight is different? If you had posted what you just posted on a jewellery board without evidence of the shotty work people will take what you just wrote as a hard to please or just an unhappy customer venting. Not a meaningful review. Personally I don’t know how you can measure your ring size wrong as you wear the different rings on a big key chain ring thing with various sizes that go up in 0.25’s. It’s very hard to mess that up if you did try those on yourself. If you’re going to go and wait/watch them resize the ring then it’s always always best to book an appointment beforehand. It seems you called to ask if you could come and they were like sure and then you show up with the ring and they are busy with clients that came in before you. Simple to avoid that situation with an appointment. It’s a communication problem to me.

Not to be harsh but your review just tells me an uninformed customer is venting for not getting what he/she wanted. A slightly more informed customer would have simply not have to go through you had to go through. Something else about jewellery, popular does not mean they are good! I wouldn’t go to any jeweller without proper accreditations as if you’re not serious enough to get the top designations then you’re a dabbler. I don’t care if you’ve dabbled for the last 40 years and have a lot of “experience” as if you’re truly dedicated then they should know that having these respectable designations means they are serious and not a dabbler.

If you bought a diamond on Bluenile then you should just have gotten the setting from them too if it’s a simple solitaire. They even give you 1 free resizing now.
you've got way too much time on your hands.
good job.
ha.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2005
6816 posts
326 upvotes
Ottawa
fayafaya100 wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2009 4:07 pm
you've got way too much time on your hands.
good job.
ha.
Enough time on my hands that I know what to expect from jewellers regarding what questions to ask, know what the letters after their name mean and will never get "scammed" by a jeweller the way you did. If you can't take heat then don't post your thoughts online!

EDIT: It's been bugging me all day. We Canadians spell it jeweLLery and not jewelry.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
11571 posts
2974 upvotes
GTA
grappos13 wrote:
I lol'd at this one :D :D :D
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
24728 posts
5010 upvotes
dgr81 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2009 9:47 pm
who would ever go to a place called wing cheung jewelry :lol:
x2
Feb 13, 2009
192 posts
4 upvotes
setell wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2009 11:41 pm
EDIT: It's been bugging me all day. We Canadians spell it jeweLLery and not jewelry.
Seriously? It's been bugging you all day? Wow.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2008
4367 posts
371 upvotes
grappos13 wrote:
i laugh long time!
Jan 30, 2008
563 posts
90 upvotes
Ardvark wrote:
Nov 4th, 2009 12:10 am
Seriously? It's been bugging you all day? Wow.
Ditto on that. Jeez!

And I thought we Canadians were a little friendlier than that.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2005
6816 posts
326 upvotes
Ottawa
It bugs me cause my elementary teachers drilled it into my head that we go by the CANADIAN way not the US way. I say zaad and not zeee, I put a "u" in certain words like colour/neighbour etc. too. I use my Canadian spellings and not any spellings that I'm used to. I'm anal that way. Oh another thing, I doubt the jewellery store is actually spell it Jewelry in their name as that would be incorrect.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
3371 posts
1378 upvotes
Ontario
grappos13 wrote:
I'm disappointed that it took until post 10 for that.

Sloppy work, people!
Kaboom! Kaboom! KABOOM!
Jan 30, 2008
563 posts
90 upvotes
setell wrote:
Nov 4th, 2009 8:26 am
It bugs me cause my elementary teachers drilled it into my head that we go by the CANADIAN way not the US way. I say zaad and not zeee, I put a "u" in certain words like colour/neighbour etc. too. I use my Canadian spellings and not any spellings that I'm used to. I'm anal that way. Oh another thing, I doubt the jewellery store is actually spell it Jewelry in their name as that would be incorrect.
Great, thanks for telling us. Not that we really needed to know AT ALL.

Would you like an award for TOO MUCH TIME AND NOT ENOUGH LIFE? Holy cow...
[OP]
Banned
Mar 7, 2008
29 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
azia wrote:
Nov 5th, 2009 12:48 am
great, thanks for telling us. Not that we really needed to know at all.

Would you like an award for too much time and not enough life? Holy cow...
hahahaha !!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 26, 2008
5135 posts
50 upvotes
zzz3 wrote:
Nov 4th, 2009 12:20 am
i laugh long time!
You stole my funny!

Anyways, Setell- your comment is a bit harsh.
Some people also like to shop at shaller local shops instead of peoples.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2005
6816 posts
326 upvotes
Ottawa
I hate People's and have never bought anything from them. I will keep the reasons why I hate them to myself as it will be way harsher then what I have already said :D