Expired Hot Deals

WINGS!! Best Wings in Stoney Creek/Hamilton!!

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 13th, 2010 6:10 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 5, 2005
673 posts
14 upvotes

WINGS!! Best Wings in Stoney Creek/Hamilton!!

Thought to share a recent find.
What I honestly consider the best wings I have had in years.
And the kicker for me, and likely many RFDers, the price is right!

The Great Canadian Wing King

309 Grays Rd (at corner of Barton) in Stoney Creek. Ph 905-560-WING

No, I don't work for them, nor am I affiliated in any way (have been on this forum long enough), just wanted to share my honest impressions of a good find. It's mostly a take-out place, fyi.

Tuesday Special: $5 for 1lb of wings, many flavours, I like Thai the best.

$5 is a Red Flag Deal for large, yummy wings. :D
26 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2007
2090 posts
241 upvotes
London
A pound is like what? 8 wings? 8 wings for 5$ is not a great deal. Almost every bar I've ever been to has a day of the week where wings go on sale for 0.30-0.50 each. That you say these are "the best wings ever" just attests to the fact that you need to eat more chicken wings :D
Jul 20, 2009
31 posts
1 upvote
I've actually been to this place and I totally agree, great wings/ribs for a great price.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2006
1554 posts
86 upvotes
Having not eaten wings at the Wing King I can say the Ivy Arms in Milton is way better, they upped their rate to .45 I believe, still damn good for the size. Tues to Thurs is the wing days
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2008
6858 posts
216 upvotes
Ontario
Hey OP, they have the big wings that are battered on Tuesdays? It's hard finding a takeout wing place that serves restaurant style wings.
RedRockets used to be good.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
2227 posts
88 upvotes
seems interesting, may have to use this place for saturdays ufc fight at a friends. Let's hope this place isn't a let down.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2005
1695 posts
47 upvotes
I hope Raikkonen is watching WRC instead of F1 these days (while munching wings).
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
2824 posts
724 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Thanks OP I will have to try them...red rockets sucks now...wings up is good but pricey!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
6776 posts
756 upvotes
Most places a pound is about $8-10. Not bad!
Dec 18, 2008
64 posts
2 upvotes
Excellent wings...they aren't the little cheesy ones either. We often get 3 lbs when we have potluck...saves me cooking and I can buy a cheap dollar store container and not have to worry at the end of the night if I got it back or not. Didn't know about Tuesdays...and I live right on Gray Road too, so it's very convenient.
[OP]
Oct 5, 2005
673 posts
14 upvotes
brucedlx wrote:
Apr 8th, 2010 7:05 pm
A pound is like what? 8 wings? 8 wings for 5$ is not a great deal. Almost every bar I've ever been to has a day of the week where wings go on sale for 0.30-0.50 each. That you say these are "the best wings ever" just attests to the fact that you need to eat more chicken wings :D
LOL, trying to loose my winter 15, but hey, sure, Note to self...eat more wings. I have had wings at other places, and I would say these are 125% the size of most other standard wings. For taste, quality, and price IMHO there is no known equal. Please try them and tell me that for $5 you didn't have a delicious treat...seriously give them a taste.
zoolander wrote:
Apr 8th, 2010 7:49 pm
Hey OP, they have the big wings that are battered on Tuesdays? It's hard finding a takeout wing place that serves restaurant style wings.
RedRockets used to be good.
Yes, Zoolander, big wings, none are scrawny. Lightly breaded and option of non-breaded too (which I have not tried). I think there were 10 wings per pound.
sb_tor wrote:
Apr 8th, 2010 8:00 pm
I hope Raikkonen is watching WRC instead of F1 these days (while munching wings).
LOLZ! Kimi will be back n F1. Let's go Alonso!!

Should add that they come with carrots/celery/blue cheese dip.

Friendly food advice, do a five dollar taste-test....yummy stuff!!
Mar 2, 2008
24 posts
3 upvotes
Stoney Creek
brucedlx wrote:
Apr 8th, 2010 7:05 pm
I am going to go ahead and assume that you are from the GTA and I have quite a few friends from that area and all of them to a man say they are disappointed when eating wings in T.O. after having wings in Hamilton; specifically Boilers. Never had wings from this place but it is right near Boilers so going to have to give it a shot.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2003
3225 posts
40 upvotes
sonofab wrote:
Apr 9th, 2010 2:10 pm
I am going to go ahead and assume that you are from the GTA and I have quite a few friends from that area and all of them to a man say they are disappointed when eating wings in T.O. after having wings in Hamilton; specifically Boilers. Never had wings from this place but it is right near Boilers so going to have to give it a shot.
When I used to have friends at Mac we would make the commute to Boilers..they were really good..but that was a long time ago, so I can't really comment on them now.
Apr 8, 2010
2 posts
Hamilton, ON
Raikkonen thanks for the heads up... $5 a pound is a red flag deal and Wing
King is one of the top three wing joints in Hamilton/Stoney Creek (thats coming
from a member of the Hamilton Wing Critics )

Wing King is my #2 spot

5 Alarm Wings on Upper Wentworth is my #1

since everyone here wants to save even more moolah
try making your own wings
The best place to purchase wings in Hamilton/Stoney Creek is Highland Country Market (I believe they supply Wing King and many more wing joints) Reg price is about $2.89 a pound and once and a while they go on sale for 2.49 a pound... excellent wings, excellent price, tough to beat...enjoy!
Apr 9, 2010
1 posts
stoney creek
These wings are incredible way better than Red Rockets or five alarm. When restaurants put their wings on special they switch out the usual wings for cheaper ones. This place doesn't do that. The wings are huge and taste amazing. These guys are on to something. NO BODY I MEAN NOOOOO BODY SELLS WINGS FOR $5.00 these days. Wings up raised their prices and Rockets has become a dirty grunge hole that must pay off a Health inspector. Wing King Ribs are totally incredible too. We go in every Tuesday like a ritual now. Spread the word!!:[/SIZE]
× < >