Contests

[Other] Winner notifications (facebook,twitter, blogs etc)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2018 7:05 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
19449 posts
125133 upvotes
GTA
Sena iPhone X winner announcement:
We want to send a big thank you to everyone who participated in our contest and helped make it a success! A special congratulations to Jose Naranjo, the winner of the new iPhone X in Space Gray with 256 GB and a premium leather case of his choice.
https://www.senacases.com/blogs/news/ip ... nouncement
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3321 posts
19550 upvotes
North York
Redtag.ca

CONGRATULATIONS to our Grand Prize trip winner, Amanda McLean from Calgary! You and one lucky guest are off to the spectacular El Dorado Royale, a Spa Resort by Karisma in Riviera Maya!

(they drew someone else ( Kaitlyn Dwyer from Toronto) yesterday BEFORE the contest was over by mistake so I am guessing the other person got the same prize)
Jul 9, 2013
958 posts
6375 upvotes
Ontario
https://blog.reebee.com/winner-announce ... 7a5fde4e9b

Day TWENTY EIGHT— GRAND PRIZE WINNER:
Congratulations are in order for a very special GRAND PRIZE WINNER: SHANNON WENDELL!

You are the official winner of an assortment of over $1000 in prizes from our favourite retailers!
2015 wins: 89 wins / $29,632 - 2016 wins: 79 wins / $59,590 - 2017: 53 wins / $35,518 - 2018 to date: 1 win / $25
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
2064 posts
20407 upvotes
Ottawa
Marilyn's 10 Days of Giveaways - 3 people on hold ready to provide 3 secret words when Marilyn asks. The 1st caller won all the daily giveaways (over $20K) - Joanne from Timmins. PLUS one member of today's audience also went home with big win of all the days.
Deal Expert
Dec 22, 2006
38370 posts
26784 upvotes
Economy
Hmmmmmm I don't see my name on any of these.

Congrats to all the winners!
Don't take life too seriously.
No one gets out alive anyway.
Dec 27, 2015
9 posts
4 upvotes
Winnipeg
I actually won one right before Christmas, it's still in the box cuz I don't need $1000 vacuum but being a single mom of 4....I need money!
How much should I try selling it for? Brand new still in UNOPENED box!
Miele Blizzard CX1 Dog and cat Bagless vacuum

Thx
Feb 11, 2015
708 posts
10462 upvotes
Toronto, ON
lncLESLE wrote:
Jan 16th, 2018 2:29 pm
I actually won one right before Christmas, it's still in the box cuz I don't need $1000 vacuum but being a single mom of 4....I need money!
How much should I try selling it for? Brand new still in UNOPENED box!
Miele Blizzard CX1 Dog and cat Bagless vacuum

Thx
Hi. Selling prices usually vary based on availability and want. But to quickly analyze something like this, I tend to go on ebay.com than click on advanced and tab off completed auctions. If you see how much it's selling for, price it a little higher and be prepared to lower prices on kijiji. Check kijiji prices as well. From there, you know what your item is worth.

While I don't recommend or condone selling of things you win but are busy for or just rather do something else with. The barter system was around before laws were born, so sorry Hammurabi, but it's survival. Good luck on your pamper cash.
Dec 27, 2015
9 posts
4 upvotes
Winnipeg
Thanks for the response!
I enter always hoping to win something my family really wants/needs but due to limited funds can't buy. I wish I could keep this amazing Miele Vacuum but this September we (all 4 kids & I) travelled to Alberta from Manitoba for my boys dads burial, then 1 week after we got home someone stole my car causing it to be written off... Then came Christmas and in a couple days my 2nd granddaughter turns 1yrs old...one of my 18yr old twin boys is a father. LOL Sorry to babble on and over-share but I feel bad that I am not providing better.
Feb 11, 2015
708 posts
10462 upvotes
Toronto, ON
No, I totally get that. I always play for things I want to win. But there are occasions when I'll play with someone else in mind. If that someone else doesn't want it, than I'm left with no other real option. You rarely win what you really want, unfortunately, and everything else keeps the pace going. I'm sure we're all guilty of overplaying the contest board, at least on occasion, don't you think?

It's a better habit than most though. That I have to say.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2015
2996 posts
25521 upvotes
Congratulations goes out to Barbara Dorval of Vancouver, B.C.. She is the lucky Grand Prize winner in the Canada.com U2 contest!
http://www.canada.com/contests/U2/contest-winners.html

Congratulations goes out to Daniella Grossi of Woodbridge, ON. She is the lucky Grand Prize winner in the Canada.com Luke Bryan contest!
http://www.canada.com/contests/lukebrya ... nners.html