Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Winners

Calvin Klein Suit $199 - GTA

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2014 12:14 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
3055 posts
1665 upvotes

[Winners] Calvin Klein Suit $199 - GTA

Just bought a men's calvin klein slim fit suit for $199 at winners, same suit was triple the price at moores/tip top tailors.
ymmv on which stores carry them. Bought it in Etobicoke. They had a few more available.
34 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
3055 posts
1665 upvotes
Don't have any pics since I dropped it off at the tailors afterwards. It's a light/medium gray, but I think they had some darker colours as well.
I got a 40, they had 38, and higher 40's, didn't really look at all of the other sizes. Pretty surprised to find a suit of this quality at winners when I was literally at the other stores earlier in the day.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2008
3488 posts
1532 upvotes
Toronto
You need to visit Winners often. They get new stock all the time, but good items sell fast. I bought a Tommy Hilfiger suit there a while back for just over $100. It was on clearance and they only had one left which happened to be my size. I've also seen Ralph Lauren suits there for $3-400.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes
I have yet to understand the practical needs for suits after having to wear them to work for years. The notion of wearing suits to work as a form of professionalism seems to be very superficial IMO...or am I missing something?
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes
LoL...missing a winning lotto ticket so I can wear what I want everyday.
Dec 30, 2007
655 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
zzzz24 wrote: Just bought a men's calvin klein slim fit suit for $199 at winners, same suit was triple the price at moores/tip top tailors.
ymmv on which stores carry them. Bought it in Etobicoke. They had a few more available.
This is their regular price. I bought CK for $199 from Marshalls. They bring these regularly in black, blue and dark grey.
Oct 28, 2005
337 posts
184 upvotes
They also have a few in Ottawa (Bayshore Winners). I picked one up 2 weeks ago - excellent quality of material and great fit if you're on the slimmer side, it's CK's "extreme slim fit" cut. Also worth noting that the matching pants are one size smaller than usual, which is nice as I always find the waist too large when picking the right size jacket. The CK tagging shows reg price of $495, pretty much what you'd typically pay at the Bay. $199 is definitely not the regular price for this particular line.
"Jazz is not dead...it just smells funny."
- Frank Zappa
Jan 8, 2009
895 posts
1301 upvotes
How does a Calvin Klein "suite" look like?
Mar 12, 2009
131 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto
One of the Mississauga stores (can't remember which one, seemed like a "premium" store) also had these, as well as some Ralph Lauren suits. Mostly navy blue or black and pinstripes, IIRC. They also had some handmade Italian loafers for around $300-400 (marked down from $700, so I guess technically a 'deal') but something tells me they're not flying off the shelves.

Not to hijack the thread, but IMO another great place to get discounted suits is overstock.com. Like Winners they have a very variable selection, but they do regularly carry brand names like Chaps, Geoffrey Beane, Kenneth Cole, etc. Prices are generally in the $150-250 range and they ship to Canada. I bought a Chaps suit there a few years ago for around $150 and it came with the Macy's tag still attached, MRSP $550.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
3055 posts
1665 upvotes
The one I bought wasn't the extreme slim fit, it just had "slim fit" on the tag. I believe the extreme have XXS or something like that on the tag in a red font. I saw those ones at the Bay.

I don't normally wear a suit, this is the first one I bought in probably 7 years. Needed a new one for a wedding in a couple of months. Any wool suit for $200 and under is a decent price in my opinion, especially name brand.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
People should check out Marshalls then (same, TJX)
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3848 posts
2272 upvotes
'Shwallywood
I don't know where people are getting $400-500 for a single CK suit from Moores, they often have their buy one get one free promos. I picked up 2 suits for $450 with free tailoring.
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
3055 posts
1665 upvotes
Not everyone feels like spending more than double the price for two suits if they barely wear one.
Sep 24, 2012
57 posts
9 upvotes
Edmonton
I was just at the CK store out here in Edmonton and they had full three piece suits for 190 plus tax. All sizes avaliable pretty much. Also if you sign up for their special loyalty card you get an additional 20% off your first entire purchase.

Kinda ymmv considering its only if you have a CK store near you.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
1119 posts
271 upvotes
Apparation wrote: I was just at the CK store out here in Edmonton and they had full three piece suits for 190 plus tax. All sizes avaliable pretty much. Also if you sign up for their special loyalty card you get an additional 20% off your first entire purchase.

Kinda ymmv considering its only if you have a CK store near you.
Was that the west or south edmonton location, was out shopping for suits today, picked up a Kenneth Cole from sears for $175 and a Natuica from the bay for $200

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)