Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Winners

Final clearance event at Winners

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 2nd, 2018 11:56 am
Sep 23, 2010
48 posts
47 upvotes
Montr

[Winners] Final clearance event at Winners

Final clearance event going on at winners. Further discounts on clearance item. I got an Aden & Anais dream blanket for 16$ instead of 45$ on Amazon. It should be going up to 70% but I don't know when. Happy shopping!
125 replies
Jan 4, 2007
410 posts
140 upvotes
Vancouver
So it's final but will be on sale again for 70%?
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
AdamAnK wrote: So it's final but will be on sale again for 70%?
Winners hasn't had anything worth looking for for years it seems, but anyway, how it works is that the clearance stuff starts out at a lower percent off and the stuff that doesn't sell keeps getting marked down until it's gone. I think eventually the stuff they can't even sell at 90% off just gets trashed. There are more than enough fools that buy junk from there for probably higher prices than they could have found it "new" elsewhere at some point that anything decent will never make it to the larger discounts.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2004
1426 posts
1166 upvotes
Toronto
Is this for all stores?
Jan 12, 2017
815 posts
959 upvotes
YK
Thanks OP
AdamAnK wrote: So it's final but will be on sale again for 70%?
First few weeks after Christmas, got some deals that were 70% off at Winners. These were left over Christmas stock or summer stock.
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19239 posts
17866 upvotes
GTA, ON
I used to work at Winners back in the day. There is no such things as Clearance sales, just like there is no such thing as Boxing Day, Black Friday etc sales there... They just spend more time going around the store with their scanning device to get rid of old stock.

Also their phrase everyday 20-50% off compared to the competitor isn't real either.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
7675 posts
10977 upvotes
Scarbs
Winners epitomizes the concept of YMMV
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
May 29, 2009
42 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
Winners sucks! hardly you will find good deals. Either clearance item is not worth at first to pay that much or it may be sitting there for years so they getting rid off it. Also watch for their items as many clearance items are damaged!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 29, 2002
5680 posts
3098 upvotes
Vancouver
find better deals at Ross, TJMaxx or Marshalls in US even with the exchange rate difference
😃
Jul 23, 2008
88 posts
46 upvotes
Trawna
Nordstrom Rack is so much better. Can't wait til they arrive later this year.
Fries, baby, fries!
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2012
1176 posts
922 upvotes
My guess is the people tha tthink winners suck are probably wearing mcdonald leftover uniforms from value village..

They have amazing brands are ridiculously low prices.

I alwaysbuy stuff there for 30$ that i could sell back in Thailand at 250$ and that goes for 80-150$ here

You don't have to say a shop sucks because you can't afford it, it has great deals if you enjoy premium clothing.

Still can't believe i got a 200$ pair of jeans for 80$ last week, i feel like a dubai prince in them.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
BinaryJay wrote: Winners hasn't had anything worth looking for for years it seems, but anyway, how it works is that the clearance stuff starts out at a lower percent off and the stuff that doesn't sell keeps getting marked down until it's gone. I think eventually the stuff they can't even sell at 90% off just gets trashed. There are more than enough fools that buy junk from there for probably higher prices than they could have found it "new" elsewhere at some point that anything decent will never make it to the larger discounts.
How can you say there's nothing to look at? You mean, in clearance? That's a GOOD thing (for the business), that just means product is coming in and being purchased - which means they like it, isn't sitting around and making the clearance event.

I'm not a big clearance shopper at Winners but many, many people wait for these events a few times a year to get an extra savings.
In the beginning, a bit might come off perfectly good merchandise (just dated) but as the event continues and discounts get deeper, so does the merchandise.
Maybe the clothes have a stain or they are dirty. Maybe the purse is missing a button or the zipper on a third pocket isn't working. Maybe there's no retail box. It's anything goes - they are clearing out old inventory. Just keep that in mind (everyone).
RedFlagDeals Addict
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Esso Price Privileges Card, 25% Off - save some money on gas
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
2660 posts
3149 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Deals at winners are usually extremely YMMV
Hard to find sizes on clothing as well
Deal Fanatic
Mar 29, 2002
5680 posts
3098 upvotes
Vancouver
good time to buy winter jackets there tho; they usually slash the prices quite low right now
😃
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
DaVibe wrote: How can you say there's nothing to look at? You mean, in clearance? That's a GOOD thing (for the business), that just means product is coming in and being purchased - which means they like it, isn't sitting around and making the clearance event.

I'm not a big clearance shopper at Winners but many, many people wait for these events a few times a year to get an extra savings.
In the beginning, a bit might come off perfectly good merchandise (just dated) but as the event continues and discounts get deeper, so does the merchandise.
Maybe the clothes have a stain or they are dirty. Maybe the purse is missing a button or the zipper on a third pocket isn't working. Maybe there's no retail box. It's anything goes - they are clearing out old inventory. Just keep that in mind (everyone).
At least in any Winners I've stumbled into in the city lately it has all been so many junk brands, like "made for outlet" stuff. You used to be able to find unique stuff there, doesn't seem to be the case any more.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
2660 posts
3149 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Btw, after Xmas clearance at Hudson’s Bay as well, found pretty good deals on clothing
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2012
1176 posts
922 upvotes
Smartchen wrote: Deals at winners are usually extremely YMMV
Hard to find sizes on clothing as well
ugh? Theres racks and racks and racks of medium + 32-36 sized pants for men..

even more racks for women of normal size..
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2005
2521 posts
1658 upvotes
Ottawa
Some good high-end deals at the Saskatoon 8th Street store on double or triple clearance. Today I picked up a pair of Vilebrequin swim trunks and a Hugo Boss sweater. They had a number of Boss suits and sport coats that unfortunately didn’t fit me. They even have a Boss tuxedo shirt that was very tempting.
Oct 21, 2005
837 posts
812 upvotes
There's a lot of crap to sift through, and you can tell that often it's the low quality discount version of a good brand. But there are a few gems every once in a while, where there's only one of a certain item which is in exactly your size. I don't know if they have Scotch & Soda stuff at all anymore, but I found some really nice shirts from them a few years ago. It's obviously hit and miss, though. And since going from a 40+ waist to a 36 there's a lot more variety!
Mar 1, 2011
348 posts
249 upvotes
Saskatoon
Yesterday I bought the Citizen Eco-Drive watch that normally sells for $240.00 for $100: Citizen Super Titanium AW0060-03E: https://www.amazon.ca/Citizen-Quartz-Ti ... B01GZ4IKJM. It had been marked down twice and I have been watching it for a while.

Their goods may be YMMV but the discounts are real IMO.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)