None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
2331 posts
566 upvotes
Toronto

[Winners] Winners: "Final Clearance" YMMV

Winners is having another of thier "Final clearance" events.
Many clearance items are on thier 3rd or 4th markdown (counting the red price stickers on top of each other).
Clothing is mostly junk as usual but you may find a gem or two if you're willing to dig...you may find some good deals on housewares as well. I've found some great deals in the past during these clearance sales (I got a solid wood table for $16, originally $60)

Today I picked up some pants for $8, originally $34.99.
I also wanted to get some King/Jumbo pillows (T Hilfiger, if i remember correctly)...they were $11 each (or was it a 2-pack?) but a couple grabbed the remaining ones ahead of me > :(

TIP: If you see a staff walking around with a price scanner/sticker printer, ask them to scan your items...another markdown may come up and you'll have another price tag printed on the spot.
97 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
2331 posts
566 upvotes
Toronto
skads_187 wrote:
Feb 10th, 2010 7:28 pm
is this usually nationwide?
it should be

http://winners.ca/en/whats_new.asp
it actually started last week....but the real markdows don't usually begin until after the first week, from what I've observed in the past (ie. every few days they re-sticker thier clearance items...there have been some items that have gone down in the $3-$5 range in the past, a couple of RFD'ers even reported buying clothing items for $0.70 :lol:

this sale happens twice a year...towards the end of winter/summer
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2005
3827 posts
518 upvotes
Markham
the clothes is junk but i've found gems in other sections like Zirh products among other things
Sep 1, 2006
302 posts
17 upvotes
Winners often has underwear that has been ripped out of the packaging for about 50 cents a piece. Try to avoid the lighter colours because they often tend to have stains on them (however they do easily washout)

Wait what?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2008
7626 posts
169 upvotes
picked up a Sierra Design waterproof outershell for $50 on the weekend.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6211 posts
1110 upvotes
evoviii wrote:
Feb 10th, 2010 7:55 pm
've found gems in other sections like Zirh products among other things
Got Zirh soap and body wash for $2 and $3 this weekend.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
2521 posts
85 upvotes
really need to take times to dig out some goodies

i've brought a Gucci ring from winners :cheesygri
It's a deal if it's on RFD :!: :!:
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2002
3869 posts
650 upvotes
Vancouver
i spoke to a manager on the weekend and she says that on the 28th; they will have a 3x markdown which means they will mark an item down at 9am, 12pm and then around 3pm. The catch is that the items must be on the rack and not in your possession. They will not mark down items in your hands. The stuff they cannot sell ; they will donate
Banned
Oct 26, 2006
302 posts
107 upvotes
Mississauga
got a women's sinful t-**** for $10
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2006
1416 posts
1796 upvotes
Fightguard wrote:
Feb 10th, 2010 7:44 pm
it should be

http://winners.ca/en/whats_new.asp
it actually started last week....but the real markdows don't usually begin until after the first week, from what I've observed in the past (ie. every few days they re-sticker thier clearance items...there have been some items that have gone down in the $3-$5 range in the past, a couple of RFD'ers even reported buying clothing items for $0.70 :lol:

this sale happens twice a year...towards the end of winter/summer
LOL, my hubby was one of people who purchased an item at winners for $0.70. What was it? a non damaged/defected, brand new with tags Columbia fleece pants in black, original winners price: $29.99. LOL.

Throughout that evening, he kept on saying : " Hell yah, now beat that Dollarama!"

edit: I'll re-post later with some of the stuff I managed to score last Monday. Right now, I gotta get ready for the morning rush. argggg.. lol
"Women are like teabags; you don't know how strong they are until you put them in hot water." :cheesygri
Nov 3, 2006
87 posts
2 upvotes
sienna owner wrote:
Feb 10th, 2010 10:37 pm
picked up a Sierra Design waterproof outershell for $50 on the weekend.

I waited it out for the third markdown and got it for $36. Great jacket at $50 with a 10,000 waterproof rating.

They have last year's Spyder ski jackets that are now double marked down to $80 from their original price of $160 or $180. Comes with integrated and removeable soft shell.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2008
7626 posts
169 upvotes
bittermelon wrote:
Feb 11th, 2010 7:14 am
I waited it out for the third markdown and got it for $36. Great jacket at $50 with a 10,000 waterproof rating.

They have last year's Spyder ski jackets that are now double marked down to $80 from their original price of $160 or $180. Comes with integrated and removeable soft shell.
it was the last one...and i don't get out much with the kids..LOL