[Winners] Winners - Suunto Core Alu Black: $120

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 19th, 2013 11:28 am
Tags:
Jul 19, 2004
153 posts
46 upvotes

[Winners] Winners - Suunto Core Alu Black: $120

I considered it at $229, but couldn't resist at $120 on clearance at the Winners in Downtown Vancouver. Before clearance, I've seen one at the Winners in Park Royal.

http://www.suunto.com/us/products/Outdo ... -Alu-Black

I have a Suunto Core from the Costco deal two years ago for $160 and I love the watch. Oddly enough, I love the sunrise/sunset view. Let's me know how much daylight I have left if I want to go for a run, or work outside.

If you're interested, go browse your local Winners.
55 replies
Apr 7, 2011
219 posts
55 upvotes
It's a great watch and not just for outdoors. I got it as a gift and for $120 it's hot!
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
27000 posts
4210 upvotes
Didn't these watches have tons of reliability issues?
Dec 25, 2005
677 posts
128 upvotes
Vancouver
nice deal, but likely location specific and YMMV.
[OP]
Jul 19, 2004
153 posts
46 upvotes
Just the one downtown. The first one I got has been bulletproof, but I also don't take it swimming or diving ... hiking though, yes. The battery cover was a pain to remove, and it was butchered pretty badly. Wrote an email to Suunto, and they sent me a new cover right away without any questions.
Oct 31, 2011
58 posts
6 upvotes
MONTR
i bought the last one in winners in eaton center in montreal, I am not sure if I am going to keep it, the battery life is kinda short, and I want a more resistant watch
Jan 19, 2011
582 posts
144 upvotes
Montreal
llance wrote:
Feb 6th, 2013 6:25 pm
i bought the last one in winners in eaton center in montreal, I am not sure if I am going to keep it, the battery life is kinda short, and I want a more resistant watch
was it the silver one with the black leather strap? I was gonna go down there and look for one today but I like the black and the white ones more.
Oct 31, 2011
58 posts
6 upvotes
MONTR
molybdenum wrote:
Feb 6th, 2013 6:54 pm
was it the silver one with the black leather strap? I was gonna go down there and look for one today but I like the black and the white ones more.
yes, i got the silver one with black leather strap. the a*****er and eaton center winners are both sold out
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
6442 posts
4845 upvotes
If you purchase it using these Winners GCs, it becomes an even better deal, since you will save another 20%
[OP]
Jul 19, 2004
153 posts
46 upvotes
llance wrote:
Feb 6th, 2013 6:25 pm
I got at least a year out of the battery, and it's the compass that really works the battery hard. You can also easily put the watch to sleep if you have a few watches that you rotate through. The watch is also designed so that you can change the battery yourself. I'm okay with 50 cents a year :)

http://www.mec.ca/Main/home.jsp?bmForm= ... search.y=0
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
16711 posts
3011 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Thanks! Surprisingly I got one. Between my new seiko monster, the sears pro trekcoming and this I don't know what to do any more. Well at least they follow some kind of progression. Fully mechanical automatic 200m diver -> Analog/Digital quartz 100m -> Fully digital 30m (if even that, they really only claim some amount of water resistance for the cores).

Of the three, I get the feeling I would choose the wear the seiko the most and the suunto the least.

I asked if there was another one at the store, she looked and found one more in the cabinet... I chose the nicer specimen of the two and the urge to hoard came over me but there was a guy stalking behind me I could feel was after the same thing so I let it go. Hey guy, I know you're lurking here!

Haven't tried it yet, I hope I didn't pick one that is a dud out of the two... wouldn't be surprised if they come with dead batteries knowing Winners.

I expected the metal body one to be a lot heavier, but I guess I shouldn't have been expecting stainless steel weight when it's supposed to be made of pop cans. Wonder how durable it is... the clasp on the leather strap seems kind of cheap to me as well.
amplitude wrote:
Feb 6th, 2013 3:58 am
Just the one downtown. The first one I got has been bulletproof, but I also don't take it swimming or diving ... hiking though, yes. The battery cover was a pain to remove, and it was butchered pretty badly. Wrote an email to Suunto, and they sent me a new cover right away without any questions.
Do you have any tips on how to get it off WITHOUT butchering it after you've gone through it in hindsight?
× < >