Page 2 of 3

Re: Winners - Suunto Core Alu Black: $120

Posted: Feb 7th, 2013 11:23 pm
by BravoDeltaRomeo
nothing spotted in Winnipeg (PoloPark & Unicity)...i'd love to snag one.

Posted: Feb 8th, 2013 12:09 am
by BinaryJay
Longobongo wrote: Newer models are made in China and I've heard quality has gone downhill.
I think all cores have always been made in china, but so is nearly everything in your house that runs on electricity including your very expensive pieces and nobody seems to have an issue with that. I'd wager that the Chinese know how to put these gadgety watches together better than the Finnish do anyway. Besides, we're not talking $500 watches here we're talking $500 watches for $120 bottom line is I'll take it. BTW mine is extremely accurate and does what it's supposed to do not sure what else would have been different if a factory using the same machines churned it out in a different place on earth. Though, there is the "oooh fancy" factor when you buy just about anything that is made anywhere other than asia that is hard to deny.

Posted: Feb 8th, 2013 12:22 am
by eastvanbc
Been looking for a deal on one of these watches for a year now.

Posted: Feb 8th, 2013 12:54 am
by chassis
Any in GTA? i checked leaside and there was none there.

Posted: Feb 8th, 2013 3:31 pm
by raphou
Was at Winners in MTL Downtown, and the last one was taken 5min before I got there .... > :(

Posted: Feb 8th, 2013 9:47 pm
by BravoDeltaRomeo
doesn't look like there was many, but good for those who grabbed.

Posted: Feb 10th, 2013 11:51 am
by notrub604
Toured around to almost all the lower mainland/Vancouver stores. None. Did not manage to get out to Surrey though.

Still hoping that I find one.

Posted: Feb 10th, 2013 1:30 pm
by 5upercharged
Iv had the Suunto Core for over two years. I love everything about it. I haven't had any issues at all.My battery lasts about a year. At $120 this is an amazing deal, I went to 4 winners in mississauga and they didnt have any. Has anyone been able to find one in mississauga?

Posted: Feb 10th, 2013 1:42 pm
by BinaryJay
The core uses the same batteries as my car remote and all of my PC motherboards, I already have loads of batteries you can get cheap on eBay. I'm not worried about the batteries though it would have been nice if they had solar like the casios.

Posted: Feb 10th, 2013 1:58 pm
by archimed
OOS in Edmonton. Checked all the stores on saturday :\

Posted: Feb 10th, 2013 2:01 pm
by hedgehoggy
Sigh. I really didn't need this at all, but just couldn't resist at this price. Got the last one at my local store in NB and apart from a beat up box, it looks like it is in perfect shape. It just took me a while to figure out how to change the language from French to English but I'm all good now...

Posted: Feb 10th, 2013 2:48 pm
by Nuprapture
Calgary Signal Hill and Downtown OOS

Posted: Feb 10th, 2013 4:42 pm
by Max_Dealing
Just an FYI on these some models the backs are on so tight you can not get them off. Mine had to be sent to manufacture after the battery replacement store scratched my watch up so bad I could not wear it. Suunto was very good with the warranty replacement. Battery lasted about year and half light use.

Posted: Feb 10th, 2013 6:01 pm
by ToDealHunter
Max_Dealing wrote: Just an FYI on these some models the backs are on so tight you can not get them off. Mine had to be sent to manufacture after the battery replacement store scratched my watch up so bad I could not wear it. Suunto was very good with the warranty replacement. Battery lasted about year and half light use.
Aghhhhh I can't believe my luck, I own the 75 years anniversary Suunto core model and last night was the first time I changed the battery, I didn't bother to check tutorials on how to change the battery cuz seems very simple, well after trying Canadians coins, screwdriver from Leatherman, and a huge screwdriver I manage to open for first time that stupid cover BUT now the metal back battery cover is all scratch *sigh*....Damn if I only do little research before I would read abt the simple electrical tape trick and save my precious watch from this punishment. Worst part is I can't find this metal back cover replacement anywhere. Aghhhhh! This watch is amazing for outdoors.
Exactly what happened to this guy:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f233/can-n ... 28828.html

Posted: Feb 10th, 2013 6:12 pm
by BinaryJay
I would have thought it's common sense if you don't want to scratch something when going metal to metal you tape your tool. I have a flat head screwdriver that is permanently taped from doing all sorts of prying stuff with it like removing interior car trim etc.

Posted: Feb 10th, 2013 7:13 pm
by klotherington
Thanks Grabbed the last one at Bayers.
Frugal_in_Halifax wrote: Thanks OP... Picked up one at Bayer's Lake, Halifax. I went to 3 other Winners (Portland St, MicMac, and West End) but they were OOS. Halifax RFD's... Bayer's Lake still has one left at that location!

Posted: Feb 11th, 2013 11:27 am
by Pro
ToDealHunter wrote: Aghhhhh I can't believe my luck, I own the 75 years anniversary Suunto core model and last night was the first time I changed the battery, I didn't bother to check tutorials on how to change the battery cuz seems very simple, well after trying Canadians coins, screwdriver from Leatherman, and a huge screwdriver I manage to open for first time that stupid cover BUT now the metal back battery cover is all scratch *sigh*....Damn if I only do little research before I would read abt the simple electrical tape trick and save my precious watch from this punishment. Worst part is I can't find this metal back cover replacement anywhere. Aghhhhh! This watch is amazing for outdoors.
Exactly what happened to this guy:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f233/can-n ... 28828.html
No worries.

How often do you really look at the back of your watch anyways?

I feel your pain though. I bet you'll forget about it all in a couple weeks.

Posted: Feb 11th, 2013 2:55 pm
by Chucky7698
69.99 $ now

Dont know how to post pic...

Posted: Feb 11th, 2013 3:10 pm
by Compgod
Chucky7698 wrote: 69.99 $ now

I have $200 to spend until Wednesday next week for food, gas, etc. A $500 watch for $70.00 might be too hard to pass up, then again 1/2 my get rich quick scheme's don't pan out anyways :-/ then again this watch is so nice i might keep it for myself if I can find it

Posted: Feb 11th, 2013 4:42 pm
by Frugal_in_Halifax
Chucky7698 wrote: 69.99 $ now

Seriously? Is this YMMV? I just bought mine on Wednesday... If Winners is OOS now, will they refund the difference? I know I can return it for full refund, but I like the watch and want to keep it!