• Last Updated:
  • May 14th, 2018 3:42 pm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2002
7634 posts
1124 upvotes
Winnipeg
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl- ... s-arrived/

goto the bottom they had a vote canada best team. 3500 votes tallied = 67% agreed.

a good game with LA. They didn't have carter, but quick is back and played very well, LA was in top form the best I have seen them play in their slump so a valid win it was.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2013
1659 posts
490 upvotes
Winnipeg
I am not an avid hockey fan, but have been following hockey on and off. I always thought Jets fans shouting "true north" was for being a Canadian because we are to the north of USA. But I just found out that its for the company..haha....Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

I also found an article that says how its disrespectful. Thoughts from my fellow RFDers?

https://puckprose.com/2015/12/05/winnip ... shout-out/
Winnipeg has much to be grateful for, in respect to True North Sports and Entertainment. But, there’s other ways that help honour the group, that doesn’t disparage our Canadian national anthem. If Winnipeg makes a deep playoff run with millions of impressionable American and Canadian children/youth watching, the message being sent is that interrupting a national anthem is fine. Are you okay with this type of behaviour, or does it bother you how Winnipeg disrespects national anthem?
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. -- Douglas Adams
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2002
7634 posts
1124 upvotes
Winnipeg
if it weren't for true north there would be no jets. That was the original gesture from day one.

Its evolved now as a specific shout out to let the players know when in another building" your not alone were here to support you". That's why other teams try many avenues to squash the shout makes their fan base look bad. Which is kinda cool in those deep south teams when it roars in their barn. You never it here to loud in the bruins barn or pens, chicago in most regular season games. Cudos to those clubs fans for filling seats all year long.Their not fair weather fans by any means.

The Dallas "stars" have adopted the same thing during their anthem(another central team). But like you said many think its a Canadian homage. Take your pick its grown beyond its original homage.

I personally find it far more disrespectful for instance when nashville got carrie underwood to sing, but she only does the US anthem not both.

She's what? "to good to sing the canadian anthem" but not too good to tour here for profit?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
5236 posts
1878 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
Bump :)

Jets lead the series 2-1.

Go Jets Go!
A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."
I like wearing tinfoil hats.

¯\_(-.-)_/¯

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ "Behold!"
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2013
1659 posts
490 upvotes
Winnipeg
Alivenate wrote:
May 2nd, 2018 3:58 am
If you watch any Chicago Blackhawks home game, you'll see that the crowd claps/cheers/applauds during the entirety of the American national anthem.

http://www.nbcsports.com/video/ever-won ... nal-anthem
Seemed odd and ridiculous when seen.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. -- Douglas Adams
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2013
1659 posts
490 upvotes
Winnipeg
Only Canadian team in the last four... Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
7504 posts
1948 upvotes
Toronto
well deserved. hopefully they haven't burned themselves out after a long tough series with the preds. vegas will be well rested.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2002
7634 posts
1124 upvotes
Winnipeg
go jets
good game but those 2 were definitely very evenly matched all thru the series. one would win then the other etc etc.

But the jets held one different stat. They never lost "in regulation" in nashville thru out the 2nd round series.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2002
7634 posts
1124 upvotes
Winnipeg
1 down 3 more. Barely any scrums in the nash series. The tantrums weren't worth the risk. It was more like a chess game, this didn't feel as intense as the last series ................ yet.
Maybe peeps are right with changing the playoff format.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2013
1659 posts
490 upvotes
Winnipeg
lead wrote:
May 12th, 2018 11:13 pm
Maybe peeps are right with changing the playoff format.
(noob question) change format to what?

also, do you think these fights are rigged...one part of my mind always thought they are rigged. after all said and done, these are professionals and the league and franchises are businesses and NHL is a show. but what do i know...
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2002
7634 posts
1124 upvotes
Winnipeg
amitdi wrote:
May 12th, 2018 11:45 pm
(noob question) change format to what?

also, do you think these fights are rigged...one part of my mind always thought they are rigged. after all said and done, these are professionals and the league and franchises are businesses and NHL is a show. but what do i know...
non divisional matchups. 1-8 vs 1-4. I would prefer 1-16 myself I could care less about rivalries. I would prefer seeing series against teams you only see twice. Variety vs rivalry. That way you create non divisional rivalries and grudges thru out the next season vs sleeping thru non conference/divisional games.

Not rigged its just well.......kinda bush league. Its old school but its not too effective in todays playoffs and can be costly in close games. Its kinda like your raising your white flag in the finals. Today vegas tried it and Millerton basically attacked the smallest guy out there for basically no reason other than he was a non threat. It looked pretty pathetic. They didn't need to do that they weren't be schooled, shots were low on both sides. But the jets just ate it up as a concession. Played defensively and didn't even go hard down and blow them out to force them better in the next game like what blowouts usually cause. That's just head gaming them.

Nash would never have done that. Heck they were up 3 and lost 7-4 in one series. They know its never over so why act like your frustrated, don't show the weakness and let the opposing teams confidence grow. Keep it together and work it out vegas cause even if your up 3. Your playing a team that could tie it in under 3 min,take the lead and hold +40 shots to the outside for the remainder of the game.That's lasting frustration.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)