Winter clothing....

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 1st, 2008 10:02 am
Tags:
None
Sep 28, 2008
4 posts

Winter clothing....

well, after freezing through winter twice, i think i need to get some proper clothes. What looks good in winter pants-wise? from what ive seen online ( i am an absolute novice shopper btw) the lined jeans are pretty ugly. i usually wear bootcut jeans AE, club monaco etc... anyway, please offer some advice. u guys seem to know ure stuff.
5 replies
Banned
May 5, 2005
13286 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
Just wear some long under (long johns) underneath. I also wear regular jeans in the winter and if I don't have long johns on, my nuts freeze. If you're hesitant because they may be "uncool" or unattractive, it's your nuts.

I also wear thick construction grade wool socks. I'm hoping AE will stock up on winter accessories soon. I already have enough Henleys, and hoodies to last me through several winters.
Joe Zawinul
1932 - 2007
Apr 13, 2008
272 posts
5 upvotes
Washington, DC
Thats funny you guys mentioned long johns, I just got into them last year and they're awesome! I always thought they were a bit dorky but they do a good job of keeping you warm.

I would recommend couderroy(sp?) pants, they do an excellent job of keeping you warm and everyone can hear you swooshing along. As for dress pants, look pants that have a longer lining that extends to around the knees. I prefer wool for the winter.
Aug 8, 2007
291 posts
St. Catharines
mozillar wrote: cool, long johns it is. on the topic though, how good is the stuff on this site
http://www.mec.ca/
the stuff seems kinda expensive though.
Quite good, and well worth the price. I have on older pair of their midweight long underwear, and bought a new pair of them last year. The old ones are really quite old, and stood up fine, I just wanted a pair with a zip crotch. The new ones are a nicer material though and a better fit and well worth the money (and I don't think $30-35 is all that much for a quality garment).

While the merino ones are great, I would save your money and just get the sythetic ones. I'm not sure what you're doing, but if you have to wear the inside you will die in the midweight. If you have to spend all day outside the midweight is good for slightly cold temps, expidition weight if its reasonably cold...and wearing the two of them together if its really cold!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)