Fashion & Beauty

Winter outerwear set to surge 15-30% next season!!

• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2016 3:39 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
9598 posts
2225 upvotes
Somewhere
i'd rather move to florida or arizona than to pay 30% more for a CG.
:confused:
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3878 upvotes
aznnorth wrote: 28C... where u at Las Vegas?? Aint no 28C in TO son...
You are an american? Canada ain't revolving around Toronto.

This winter, the entire SK, AB and BC had amazing weather. Only 6 days where temps dropped bellow -30 in SK/AB and most of the winter was -10 with even occasional above 0. The past 2 months temperatures have been hovering around 10-20, and this week there will be +30 in all 3 provinces. Crazy amount of sunshine too
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Messerschmitt wrote: You are an american? Canada ain't revolving around Toronto.

This winter, the entire SK, AB and BC had amazing weather. Only 6 days where temps dropped bellow -30 in SK/AB and most of the winter was -10 with even occasional above 0. The past 2 months temperatures have been hovering around 10-20, and this week there will be +30 in all 3 provinces. Crazy amount of sunshine too
LOL, missing the point. Original post... Again where was it 28C (celcius)/82.4 F anywhere in Canada 2-3 weeks ago?? Next.
2011Blinky wrote: Got that right, it was 28c here yesterday. First time I got sunburn in April and I can count the number of times I wore a winter jacket this year on one hand.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Dec 11, 2010
468 posts
119 upvotes
aznnorth wrote: LOL, missing the point. Original post... Again where was it 28C (celcius)/82.4 F anywhere in Canada 2-3 weeks ago?? Next.
If you're anywhere near the Pacific Ocean, you should know it's Vancouver :p It's going to hit 28c again today!
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
I think mitts been hitting the sauce a bit too hard over there at Bain capital. Over $1k for an expedition that's probably about 50% as good (quality wise) than the ones that were coming off of the manufacturing lines 6-7 years ago at 60-70% of the price. Lol yeah ok m8.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
21739 posts
21353 upvotes
Tarrana & The Ri…
aznnorth wrote: I'm leaning more towards arcteryx. Their down models are just as warm as TEI 5 in CG... AND they go on sale at seasons end whether in-store, altitude sports, the last hunt, etc. I mentioned in another thread I got 2 arcteryx for 50% at SL just a month ago... CG is craptastic these days.
I grabbed one this past winter and it kept me pretty warm. Think I need something with a fur hood though....and frankly don't care about the brand. I'm leaning towards CMFR since they tend to have good sales from time to time (sample sale, 50% off boxing day) and basically run with my Acteryx and that one. Very happy with the quality, breathability and weight.

I simply cant shell out $10000 for a winter coat that a) does not breathe, b) not waterproof, c) a clear regression in quality. I don't knock those who do.... I just can't do it.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
$10k for drake ovo views from the 6 special edition snow mantra
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13811 posts
2516 upvotes
I bought a North Face jacket that I probably wouldn't have normally gone for based on the OP's claim that winter jackets will "surge" next season. I guess we'll see if he's right about the increase or not.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2007
3219 posts
473 upvotes
Toronto
Becks wrote: I bought a North Face jacket that I probably wouldn't have normally gone for based on the OP's claim that winter jackets will "surge" next season. I guess we'll see if he's right about the increase or not.
SSENSE already set their new price as per what OP stated - chilliwack is $745 and the chateau is $900!!!
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
21739 posts
21353 upvotes
Tarrana & The Ri…
Becks wrote: I bought a North Face jacket that I probably wouldn't have normally gone for based on the OP's claim that winter jackets will "surge" next season. I guess we'll see if he's right about the increase or not.
Everything is going up. He's right.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
OP is mos def right... I dont know how he does it. Must have an inside line or somethin. :idea: :razz: :-0 :twisted:
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Price hikes have hit Arcteryx. Argh!! Was looking for a beta AR goretex pro... selling at 25% at SL for $450. Thought to look around and at the end of the day the Arcteryx came out the winner. Went back to SL and now the same jacket is $700. A hundred bucks above retail the week before at $600. Pathetic. At least Arcteryx goes on sale a few times a year... Nuts! :evil:
Sep 27, 2009
640 posts
142 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
aznnorth wrote: Price hikes have hit Arcteryx. Argh!! Was looking for a beta AR goretex pro... selling at 25% at SL for $450. Thought to look around and at the end of the day the Arcteryx came out the winner. Went back to SL and now the same jacket is $700. A hundred bucks above retail the week before at $600. Pathetic. At least Arcteryx goes on sale a few times a year... Nuts! :evil:
Get it from atmosphere
I just picked it up last week during friends and family and then had a bunch of gift cards from staples and eBay, ended up paying $404 out of pocket :)
Feb 1, 2014
802 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
aznnorth wrote: Price hikes have hit Arcteryx. Argh!! Was looking for a beta AR goretex pro... selling at 25% at SL for $450. Thought to look around and at the end of the day the Arcteryx came out the winner. Went back to SL and now the same jacket is $700. A hundred bucks above retail the week before at $600. Pathetic. At least Arcteryx goes on sale a few times a year... Nuts! :evil:
Thats weird, it looks exactly the same as the one listed on Arcteryx current website. If that Beta AR / Theta AR are indeed the 2015 models, I would wait till they release the Theta SVX replacement / 2016 Alpha SV and they should clear the old shells out.

Picked up a Sidewinder SV for family member for $395 tax included off TLH.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
21739 posts
21353 upvotes
Tarrana & The Ri…
Arcteryx will go on sale and sometimes the discounts are steep. The problem is with these brands that charge through the roof while the quality falls off and the item never goes on sale. Those companies (Canada Goose) will not see my money.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
itr452 wrote: Get it from atmosphere
I just picked it up last week during friends and family and then had a bunch of gift cards from staples and eBay, ended up paying $404 out of pocket :)
Which doesnt help me since friends and family only happens twice a year and the last one happened last week. They said the next sale on arcteryx prolly wont be till boxing day. 2nd you need the gift cards. Sooo doesnt help at all..