Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
1574 posts
151 upvotes
Oakville, ON

Winter Pants To Wear For Commute

People are always talking about what winter coats they are wearing in cold weather but what are you doing for your legs? I don't ever see people going to work on the GO train wearing Canada Goose Down pants so what are they doing to keep their lower regions warm? Seems like the only options are: A) Wear the exact same pants and underwear you wear in August or B) Wear long underwear.

I love the long underwear when I'm outside but as soon as I get indoors I'm boiling. Strange there is no easy winter pant option you can take on and off easily when you get on the train or arrive at work.
39 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2011
2438 posts
337 upvotes
London
Guncho wrote:
Jan 5th, 2014 11:38 pm
People are always talking about what winter coats they are wearing in cold weather but what are you doing for your legs? I don't ever see people going to work on the GO train wearing Canada Goose Down pants so what are they doing to keep their lower regions warm? Seems like the only options are: A) Wear the exact same pants and underwear you wear in August or B) Wear long underwear.

I love the long underwear when I'm outside but as soon as I get indoors I'm boiling. Strange there is no easy winter pant option you can take on and off easily when you get on the train or arrive at work.
Stockings do it for me. Wear them under my dress pants and just roll them down and off at work.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
1574 posts
151 upvotes
Oakville, ON
I'm assuming you are a lady commuter?

What do doods do?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
1574 posts
151 upvotes
Oakville, ON
That's like saying why would you be cold if you're wearing a vest.

The average winter coat I'm seeing on commuters this morning covers probably to the top of the thighs and the boots are just above the ankle. That's probably 65% of the pants exposed.

This morning I'm wearing goretex hiking boots, long underwear, wool dress pants, dress shirt and sweater and a down Colombia parka. I'm warm and toasty outside but I know I'm going to die on tbe GO Train.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
1574 posts
151 upvotes
Oakville, ON
I do but that's the problem. It's not easy to take of long johns once you get to work and then you are hot all today.

You wouldn't wear a long sleeve thermal shirt under your dress shirt would you?

My point is it's strange that people spend hundreds of dollars on a winter coat but essentially have as much leg protection as they do in August.
Dec 12, 2010
997 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto
I wear leggings normally with a 3/4 length coat and my legs never feel cold.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
8465 posts
1306 upvotes
Somewhere
Guncho wrote:
Jan 5th, 2014 11:50 pm
What do doods do?
They man up, pansy.

Just kidding. I wear long johns (man-tights) and take them off when I get to the office.
:confused:
Feb 26, 2009
668 posts
91 upvotes
They should make thigh and leg warmers like they do arm warmers for easy on and off and so that the groin does not get over heated. :D
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2003
13884 posts
652 upvotes
Markham
Bellyhungry wrote:
Jan 6th, 2014 11:06 am
They should make thigh and leg warmers like they do arm warmers for easy on and off and so that the groin does not get over heated. :D
Those won't ever take off unless some celebrity or expensive brand name releases one
ShadowVlican
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2011
2438 posts
337 upvotes
London
Guncho wrote:
Jan 5th, 2014 11:50 pm
I'm assuming you are a lady commuter?

What do doods do?

doods should do it too, no reason they can't!
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2731 posts
191 upvotes
Toronto
I wear wool trousers. Doesn't keep out the cold completely, but does a better job then my cotton pants. Can't be bother to change when I'm at work
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2005
1804 posts
161 upvotes
Pretty funny thread. Man up really.... long johns are just leggings with a loose crotch, and leggings are for women.
Feb 26, 2009
668 posts
91 upvotes
ShadowVlican wrote:
Jan 6th, 2014 2:24 pm
Those won't ever take off unless some celebrity or expensive brand name releases one
Deal Grabber wrote:
Jan 6th, 2014 6:52 pm
Pretty funny thread. Man up really.... long johns are just leggings with a loose crotch, and leggings are for women.
They have crotchless panties. Maybe there's a market for crotchless long johns.

Or maybe modify garter belt for some sort of leg warmer. :)
× < >