• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2018 12:15 pm
[OP]
May 7, 2012
35 posts
8 upvotes
Mississauga

Winter Running Jacket

Layering is important 2 or 3 but I still feel the need of a light weight jacket that blocks wind and rain; and provides some insulation. Pls share your experience or recommendation winter running jacket, preferably for men.

Biggest challenge is that most of the stores carrying sports gear may carry 1 or 2 running jackets. Nike store does not any. They have wind breaker. Sportcheck has one Nike running jacket with insulation. UA does not any such thing.

Any NB / NF /Columbia / Decathlon or any other brand experience?
4 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
1733 posts
440 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Have you checked out Lululemon? They have quite the choices for outdoor running apparel including rain and windbreaker jackets. Most of my sports apparel are Lululemon and I swear by them. They also have the best satisfaction policy so if something you already worn doesn't work out then you can exchange it for something else. I don't think Nike and any other brand would do that. Price wise, they are just as expensive as Nike and Adidas so I don't know what the fuss is about people claiming they are over priced.

https://shop.lululemon.com/c/mens-jacke ... ts-+-coats
https://shop.lululemon.com/c/jackets-an ... ts-+-coats
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11974 posts
1742 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Maybe try the Running Room for a wider selection of insulated winter jackets.
Last edited by Becks on Nov 7th, 2018 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
1733 posts
440 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
The quality of the Running Room is terrible in my opinion. There is not much technicality to their designs. Mostly a slab of polyester cut into a shirt. A couple of my friends complain their products were causing rashes and discomfort.
Becks wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 4:57 pm
Maybe try the Running Room.
Jul 6, 2008
743 posts
148 upvotes
London
Use a lululemon rule shirt (running luon) and layer with an outer shell (to protect from wind/rain)

Done