• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2017 1:26 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
May 8, 2009
10 posts

Winter tire storage. Who do you use?

I have no space at home for my tires and was looking for a business that'd store it for me. I don't need installations or balance or mount. They're on rims already and I just need a place that'd store it for a reasonable price. Does anyone use a storage service like this?

Thanks!
57 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16396 posts
1100 upvotes
Woodbridge
Family or friend can't store them?

Call shops like tires23 see how much.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Guru
Jun 30, 2006
14184 posts
2540 upvotes
Toronto
Just put them in your garage. You don't have to pay companies $100-$200 to store them.
Penalty Box
Nov 25, 2013
992 posts
291 upvotes
I put them in my house garage. I'd say it's better to ask family or friends instead of paying companies for storage.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2008
9648 posts
1282 upvotes
Toronto
I highly doubt shops have storage services. And payin for it, over a few seasons will be expensive. Do u have a house or condo?
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16396 posts
1100 upvotes
Woodbridge
Quick Google and Kal Tire offers storage.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
5684 posts
773 upvotes
Mississauga
TommyT wrote:
Oct 12th, 2015 9:51 pm
I have no space at home for my tires and was looking for a business that'd store it for me. I don't need installations or balance or mount. They're on rims already and I just need a place that'd store it for a reasonable price. Does anyone use a storage service like this?

Thanks!
http://www.tirehotel.ca/index.html
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18923 posts
4129 upvotes
Toronto
joy city tires was $50 per 6 months (just a few weeks ago) and now it has raised their price to $75 per 6 months. Pretty pricey.

I recalled seeing a tire shop in Kijiji ad listing their storage cost of $40 per 6 months.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
5282 posts
666 upvotes
Stack them 8 high in my basement. Big ones on the bottom, little ones on top.

To your question though OP, lots of places offer storage. Shops, dealerships, the guy down the street that has a huge garage, etc.
Feb 11, 2010
124 posts
36 upvotes
Gutty96 wrote:
Oct 13th, 2015 8:41 am
Stack them 8 high in my basement. Big ones on the bottom, little ones on top.

To your question though OP, lots of places offer storage. Shops, dealerships, the guy down the street that has a huge garage, etc.
They say stacking is not good for tires. I am also guilty of doing so because of limited space. had 8 tires stacked up one year but now only do 4 each stack so far it's been ok.

these seem like a great idea if you can install them right:
[IMG]http://www.mygaragestore.com/images/pro ... banner.jpg[/IMG]
Aug 10, 2015
237 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto
I live in an apt and still have room to store 4 tires on the balcony. Pretty sure you can make some space. SAVE YOUR MONEY.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
5282 posts
666 upvotes
rubberlock wrote:
Oct 13th, 2015 9:58 am
They say stacking is not good for tires. I am also guilty of doing so because of limited space. had 8 tires stacked up one year but now only do 4 each stack so far it's been ok.

these seem like a great idea if you can install them right:
[IMG]http://www.mygaragestore.com/images/pro ... banner.jpg[/IMG]
Ya, they say a lot of things. I have been doing it for years, over many vehicles, and many tires. It's fine.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2011
1039 posts
201 upvotes
Toronto
Simply tires have storage for $130/year or per season.....

simply tires has a 3rd party advertisement inside their store showing $96/year w/ free delivery and pickup....

correct me if i'm wrong