• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2017 1:26 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 20, 2012
459 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
Stack them in the front yard and decor them as snowman.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
5676 posts
768 upvotes
Mississauga
Inclemental wrote:
Oct 13th, 2015 2:03 pm
Stack them in the front yard and decor them as snowman.
Now that is a true Rfd`er.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
5676 posts
768 upvotes
Mississauga
I wonder if there is money to be made for a home owner with a empty garage?
[OP]
May 8, 2009
10 posts
antigua1999 wrote:
Oct 13th, 2015 9:01 pm
I wonder if there is money to be made for a home owner with a empty garage?
Seriously. If you have a big enough backyard, buy a good shed and some racks and you could be raking it in. Unfortunately I live in a condo and have no space in my locker to store tires. Don't want to leave them in my balcony all winter either. Too many people say it's not good for the tires. Called Kal tire and their price is 110+tax. Which is on par with most places I found. Thanks for the Joycity hint. At $75, it's probably the most reasonable place I'm going to find. Given I'm in a bind, time to fork up. A friend offered me space but won't be available until next season.

Thanks for the help guys. Given how expensive realestate is in toronto, I'm not surprised at the prices.
Jul 19, 2014
999 posts
190 upvotes
Snow Road Station, O…
Clean them up and slide them under your bed . Out sight out of mind .
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7566 posts
1016 upvotes
Toronto
rubberlock wrote:
Oct 13th, 2015 9:58 am
They say stacking is not good for tires. I am also guilty of doing so because of limited space. had 8 tires stacked up one year but now only do 4 each stack so far it's been ok.

these seem like a great idea if you can install them right:
[IMG]http://www.mygaragestore.com/images/pro ... banner.jpg[/IMG]
I'm always curious about this rack type: you have to have super-strong bolts/wall studs since tires+rims are quite heavy, not to mention having to lug them up and down and stressing one's back.
Deal Expert
Oct 16, 2001
76607 posts
1553 upvotes
Fountain Tire is free, if you buy your tires from them. Been doing it for years now, free swap over of winters to summers and back again as well. I even have room to store them at home, but why bother.
Deal Expert
Oct 16, 2001
76607 posts
1553 upvotes
TommyT wrote:
Oct 13th, 2015 10:04 pm
Seriously. If you have a big enough backyard, buy a good shed and some racks and you could be raking it in. Unfortunately I live in a condo and have no space in my locker to store tires. Don't want to leave them in my balcony all winter either. Too many people say it's not good for the tires. Called Kal tire and their price is 110+tax. Which is on par with most places I found. Thanks for the Joycity hint. At $75, it's probably the most reasonable place I'm going to find. Given I'm in a bind, time to fork up. A friend offered me space but won't be available until next season.

Thanks for the help guys. Given how expensive realestate is in toronto, I'm not surprised at the prices.
What people, where is their "proof" or is it something their uncles brothers cousin told them. What about people that have tires on their cars all winter?
Jan 29, 2014
415 posts
358 upvotes
Toronto
rubberlock wrote:
Oct 13th, 2015 9:58 am
They say stacking is not good for tires. I am also guilty of doing so because of limited space. had 8 tires stacked up one year but now only do 4 each stack so far it's been ok.

these seem like a great idea if you can install them right:
[IMG]http://www.mygaragestore.com/images/pro ... banner.jpg[/IMG]
Wouldn't that cause a flat spot over time? There's probably no correct/wrong way.

Most car dealerships offer seasonal storage for $99.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7566 posts
1016 upvotes
Toronto
professormeth wrote:
Oct 14th, 2015 2:22 am
Wouldn't that cause a flat spot over time? There's probably no correct/wrong way.
I would've thought that laying them flat is probably the best way.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
19157 posts
2743 upvotes
Poormond Hill
You people give rfd a bad name. Spending money on stuff that you can cheaply build in your garage. Don't buy a rack. Build your own one.
[IMG]http://s9.postimg.org/m9ayudnsv/aa9e47e ... e1e163.jpg[/IMG]
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7566 posts
1016 upvotes
Toronto
Lol why even bother building? Does it really save that much space? Again, need to have a strong wall/bolts...I don't see the pt. *shrugs*

Just lay them flat.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
19157 posts
2743 upvotes
Poormond Hill
tranquility922 wrote:
Oct 14th, 2015 5:44 am
Lol why even bother building? Does it really save that much space? Again, need to have a strong wall/bolts...I don't see the pt. *shrugs*

Just lay them flat.
Of course it saves space. If you park your car forward into the garage, you can store the tires in a row above the hood.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2005
5120 posts
773 upvotes
I store my tires at the dealer -- much easier than lugging them yourself without getting your car or yourself dirty. I think it's $90 a season.

I would never think about bringing tires up to my condo as I don't want my home to smell like a mechanics shop.