[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2007
3004 posts
177 upvotes
Toronto

Winterlicious 2010 (menu's are up)

http://wx.toronto.ca/inter/se/restauran ... s?openform

Start booking your Winterlicious Prix Fixe Reservations as of: Thursday, January 14, 2010

American Express® Cardmembers can go to the Front Of The Line® to book early reservations on January 12 and 13, 2010.
128 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2005
2336 posts
358 upvotes
GTA
please if anyone could give me their suggestions
FS: Old school Nintendo Consoles
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=675445
FS:Sharp GF-777Z Classic Boombox Retro Ghetto Blaster 80s - the Holy Grail!
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=631904
ACTION 52 Nintendo NES Multi Game (COLLECTORS ITEM)
action-52-nintendo-nes-multi-game-colle ... st13164059
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9326 posts
921 upvotes
GTA
Menus have been up for a while. I don't think many people care anymore (Except for Canoe which is always fully booked). Ever since they allowed the $45 price point I think it takes away from the "deal" aspect of it. I will still try a few spots this year but I am not as excited as in previous years.

Regardless, still interested in hearing people's experiences from past years. I find that there are a few places that do the 'licious events well (in particular Canoe)....

One place I would suggest to avoid for the winter version of 'licious is "Corner House" .. They JAM the place in and I noticed people having to wait on the stairs for their table to be ready. People who have a reservation shouldn't have to wait for their table but waiting on stairs in a tight space with servers/patrons walking by you can't be too comfie. I had an okay meal there but I wouldn't return again during winterlicious (again, they cram people in to spots that normally don't have table during their non-licious times)
Dec 16, 2008
77 posts
3 upvotes
The phone lines been busy for the last half an hour, is this just me?
Sep 12, 2006
122 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
lhebia wrote:
Jan 12th, 2010 10:32 am
Two years ago a friend of mine spent a day and a half of the AMEX front-of-the-line trying to get thruogh to Canoe to book a dinner.

She finally made it through once on the second day, only to have the phone ring until it turned into a busy signal.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
7937 posts
1355 upvotes
Toronto
YLSF wrote:
Dec 29th, 2009 12:03 am
Menus have been up for a while. I don't think many people care anymore (Except for Canoe which is always fully booked). Ever since they allowed the $45 price point I think it takes away from the "deal" aspect of it. I will still try a few spots this year but I am not as excited as in previous years.
Damn, I didn't realize they allowed $45 dishes on the menu now. That pretty much defeats the whole purpose of the event. I'm quite confident I can get a good dining experience for $45 any day of the year if I wanted, without having select from a restrictive summer/winterlicious menu.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2005
9203 posts
1376 upvotes
Toronto
appleb wrote:
Jan 12th, 2010 11:00 am
Damn, I didn't realize they allowed $45 dishes on the menu now. That pretty much defeats the whole purpose of the event. I'm quite confident I can get a good dining experience for $45 any day of the year if I wanted, without having select from a restrictive summer/winterlicious menu.
+100 That's why I've stopped going to Summer and Winterlicious.

That's ridiculous $45. How is this a bargain anymore? Its sad they allowed this. Its like a new restaurant comes up, charges less, then builds up fan base then jacks up their prices.

Well, guess what, it doesn't work. Patrons will stop going to these Winterlicious/Summerlicious. And I eat out a lot, so they lost another good spender.
Feb 14, 2007
209 posts
9 upvotes
lhebia wrote:
Jan 12th, 2010 10:32 am
I got through after 4 mins of trying. Just kept hitting redial.
Feb 14, 2007
209 posts
9 upvotes
rfdrfd wrote:
Jan 12th, 2010 11:04 am
+100 That's why I've stopped going to Summer and Winterlicious.

That's ridiculous $45. How is this a bargain anymore? Its sad they allowed this. Its like a new restaurant comes up, charges less, then builds up fan base then jacks up their prices.

Well, guess what, it doesn't work. Patrons will stop going to these Winterlicious/Summerlicious. And I eat out a lot, so they lost another good spender.
Ya, that's why I choose Canoe. It'd be more than that. The $35 menus are just OK. I'm going to Jump. But its more to just eat out on Thursday when the bankers are out. haha