Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

WLtoys A969 RC Shortcourse truck!

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 5th, 2015 8:59 am
Deal Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
5039 posts
302 upvotes
Stoney Creek
I ordered mine on Jan 27th... hope it gets here soon!
Banned
Jul 27, 2010
70 posts
31 upvotes
Niagara Falls
jackass_ca wrote: So, it's been over a month since I ordered... nothing yet... I know that they usually take about 3 weeks, hopefully it'll show up soon, although with all this snow, I can't really use it right now anyway!
It'll be in soon. However sometimes thing take really long. I ordered a spare battery for a quad from banggood and it took 7 weeks to come. Some things take less and take 2.5 weeks. I can't figure it out but oh well. lol
Jan 27, 2013
965 posts
1340 upvotes
Good for kids, HPI Savage Flux is the way to go. Pm me I'm selling... Lol
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
Okay, received it today... Not sure if I got a repack, or if they do something with them prior to shipping, but the original tape on the box was cut, and then taped on the other edges, one of the zip ties holding the truck in the box was cut as well. Haven't tested yet, as battery is charging. Turned it on briefly, battery had enough juice to turn the wheels a couple of times and then go forward once before it was DEAD. Lol... anyhow, pretty compact. Wish there was no snow so I could try it. OP, how well put together is yours... my control box (battery hook up thing), is just hot glued into the body... don't think it'll affect performance, but still though for the price, construction would be more refined. Also, the body appears to be slighty askew... doesn't sit on the posts the same, and looks crooked. Again, minor details, but I just hope it's not a reflection of the quality. There were a few reviews (very recent) on this truck on Banggood, that are NOT good...
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Banned
Jul 27, 2010
70 posts
31 upvotes
Niagara Falls
jackass_ca wrote: Okay, received it today... Not sure if I got a repack, or if they do something with them prior to shipping, but the original tape on the box was cut, and then taped on the other edges, one of the zip ties holding the truck in the box was cut as well. Haven't tested yet, as battery is charging. Turned it on briefly, battery had enough juice to turn the wheels a couple of times and then go forward once before it was DEAD. Lol... anyhow, pretty compact. Wish there was no snow so I could try it. OP, how well put together is yours... my control box (battery hook up thing), is just hot glued into the body... don't think it'll affect performance, but still though for the price, construction would be more refined. Also, the body appears to be slighty askew... doesn't sit on the posts the same, and looks crooked. Again, minor details, but I just hope it's not a reflection of the quality. There were a few reviews (very recent) on this truck on Banggood, that are NOT good...
hey man... i'll check mine tonight to see how the receiver box is mounted. As for your shipping, i think they put cardboard and foam around the box to reinforce and more foam and used yellow tape to package it (they used a lot of yellow tape for everything they send). It's possible customs opened your package to check it out. Battery will be low plus the cold it doesn't come with much of a charge so you will need to full charge the battery when you get it. LVC will cut it out because Lion battery are different from nimh and they have to maintain a voltage. you can read up on that (lipos and lion batteries and low voltage cutoff to protect them). once you start running it (when the snow goes!! grrrr) you'll be happy i'm sure.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
It was foam wrapped and yellow taped. The plug adapter was wrapped in tape on the outside of the box... like they almost forgot it... glad they didn't lol, would have been a little ticked.

Deal Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
5039 posts
302 upvotes
Stoney Creek
jackass_ca wrote: It was foam wrapped and yellow taped. The plug adapter was wrapped in tape on the outside of the box... like they almost forgot it... glad they didn't lol, would have been a little ticked.
Mine was wrapped the same way. The plug on one of my boxes had broke through the tape. I'm surprised it didn't fall out
Banned
Jul 27, 2010
70 posts
31 upvotes
Niagara Falls
h00ch wrote: Mine was wrapped the same way. The plug on one of my boxes had broke through the tape. I'm surprised it didn't fall out
whew yeah glad it didn't... i've ordered lots of stuff from them so i have 4 or 5 kicking around now. one time i ordered something and it didn't come with one but i have lots. i'd try to put it in the notes of the order if it's your first purchase just as a reminder.
Banned
Jul 27, 2010
70 posts
31 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Don't forget today is last day to save with banggood 6% off everything on the website. Sale ends today Feb 28th!

code is: 15BGSF
Banned
Jul 27, 2010
70 posts
31 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Hey I got my hands on a WLtoys A979... the monster truck version/cousin in this A9#9 series. Have a look you might like the Monster truck better than the short course truck version. Links are in the video notes or click here https://sites.google.com/site/mikesrccorner/ where to find it. enjoy the rest of the march break!

Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
tth50mc wrote: Hey I got my hands on a WLtoys A979... the monster truck version/cousin in this A9#9 series. Have a look you might like the Monster truck better than the short course truck version. Links are in the video notes or click here https://sites.google.com/site/mikesrccorner/ where to find it. enjoy the rest of the march break!

Today, finally got outside to use my monster truck, the thing is fast and fun, but while on a straightaway, suddenly is slowed and sounded different... so I picked it up and gave er gas... only one of the back wheels is spinning... one is not spinning at all, not even the axle, like something is broken in the gearbox itself... very disappointed. I have emailed them hoping they can rectify it. Can the gears be opened etc??? Hate to have an $85 toy that doesn't drive the way it is supposed to. I didn't even get through one full battery cycle.... any suggestions???

Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
3784 posts
2780 upvotes
Airdrie
Sounds like the rear axle differential is broken.
"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -Dilbert
Jun 27, 2011
15 posts
8 upvotes
EDMONTON
I just got my A979 in the mail today. Charged it all up and went outside with the kids to try it out. It worked for like 2 minutes and then stopped. The wheels are turning but when I push forward or reverse, it just makes a very low hissing sound but no movement on the tires. I thought, maybe it is low voltage or something so I put it back to charge for four hours. Tried it again and still no luck. It just makes a very low beeping sound and I can't seem to find any details regarding that sound in the manual.

Any idea folks?

https://www.mightycleanautospa.com/
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
jdewit wrote: Sounds like the rear axle differential is broken.
They sent me a new differential and some extra gears, but no idea exactly what parts and in what order to remove to get inside the gearbox. Anyone have a schematic, or video??

Aug 2, 2015
1 posts
Toronto, ON
Hi, look at the differential cup, as it's in plastic the part which goes into the differential may be eaten and do not fit anymore

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)