Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Diaper Genie Elite $29.97

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 15th, 2014 5:07 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
2715 posts
562 upvotes

Diaper Genie Elite $29.97

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
33%
I've been waiting for this to go on sale for a couple of months already. Free shipping online :)
Looks like it's OOS on walmart's website, but TARGET has it for $29.99 - $7.50 (printable online coupon).
18 replies
Jan 1, 2008
576 posts
230 upvotes
Brossard
Thanks, I was literally looking to buy one today for my cousin's baby...
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2006
1448 posts
1482 upvotes
Kitchener
i swear by the diaper genie but i've broken two of them in 2 years... a tiny knob gets busted and as a result only one of the 'flaps' opens when you step on the pedal :S
Deal Addict
May 24, 2011
1820 posts
700 upvotes
Canada
great price on this! the elite is well worth it with the pedal to open the lid, as it frees up a hand when you're holding a diaper from a 'blowout' lol
Feb 12, 2006
382 posts
82 upvotes
Laval
So glad the diaper part is over :)
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2011
1810 posts
1450 upvotes
Toronto
upon my research, yes the Elite one is hands free,
but looks like many ppl have the pedal malfunction problem, and always need to
take it apart and fix it.

and other reviews has shown that the cheaper one (DG essential) has a better odour control
http://www.babygearlab.com/Diaper-Pail- ... enie-Elite

we went ahead and went w/ the Diaper Genie essential, and we absolutely love it.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2004
1220 posts
138 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Saw this yesterday. Pulled the trigger on it at 945am (Apr22) and received a confirmation the order was placed successfully. At 1250am (Apr23) received an OOS email at it may take up to 28 days to get the product.

BAH!
Up and Atom!!!
If my thread or post was helpful, a "thank you" is always nice.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
7631 posts
2175 upvotes
Must have. We have two, one for each floor.
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11641 posts
2620 upvotes
Montreal
Those things are a waste of money.
Non-poopy diapers go straight in the regular trash.
Poopy diapers get bagged using grocery bags.
My daugther only poops once or twice a day and on weekdays, that's usually only the daycare's problem.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2004
2784 posts
993 upvotes
Winnipeg
christov wrote: i swear by the diaper genie but i've broken two of them in 2 years... a tiny knob gets busted and as a result only one of the 'flaps' opens when you step on the pedal :S
Mine broke the other day. Had to take it all apart and use some industrial strength glue on the tiny knob. It’s a horrible design with the entire thing hinging on two little plastic knobs. If it breaks again I may try drilling a screw through it instead of glueing the plastic piece again.

Other than that, it works well with the odours.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2004
2784 posts
993 upvotes
Winnipeg
alkizmo wrote: Those things are a waste of money.
Non-poopy diapers go straight in the regular trash.
Poopy diapers get bagged using grocery bags.
My daugther only poops once or twice a day and on weekdays, that's usually only the daycare's problem
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/YweFgGU.jpg[/IMG]
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2012
2198 posts
2414 upvotes
Although I like the Genie and would recommend it to others, a couple things to keep in mind:

1.Once your kid starts having stinky poops (usually once they move to formula or real food), the Diaper Genie will not contain the smell. We now throw all poop diapers into the outside/garage garbage ASAP, and only put pee diapers in Genie.

2. The replacement bags for this thing are a complete rip-off. Youtube "Diaper Genie Hack" or something to that effect to learn how you can use draw string garbage bags instead for a fraction of the price.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4662 posts
960 upvotes
Toronto
wildzero wrote: Although I like the Genie and would recommend it to others, a couple things to keep in mind:

1.Once your kid starts having stinky poops (usually once they move to formula or real food), the Diaper Genie will not contain the smell. We now throw all poop diapers into the outside/garage garbage ASAP, and only put pee diapers in Genie.

2. The replacement bags for this thing are a complete rip-off. Youtube "Diaper Genie Hack" or something to that effect to learn how you can use draw string garbage bags instead for a fraction of the price.
Ta-da!

how-save-money-diaper-genie-refills-1434893/
Board games!!!!
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4662 posts
960 upvotes
Toronto
yellowmp5 wrote: upon my research, yes the Elite one is hands free,
but looks like many ppl have the pedal malfunction problem, and always need to
take it apart and fix it.
Surprisingly, I've never had that problem with mine. Of course, occasionally the foot pedal will get stuck, but usually all I have to do is open it and close it and it solves the problem.
Board games!!!!
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11641 posts
2620 upvotes
Montreal
pswart wrote: What if I told you that everyone's situation is different
I'm just sharing my opinion. It's not like my situation is unusual. Most people buy into the diaper genie because they think "icky icky diaper poopy!!!" and they want to toss it away into what they think is a hazardous material rated plastic container.
You can buy a pack of 100 tiny white plastic garbage bags for like 1$ and wrap each poopy diaper in that as they occur. They won't smell and you can have them at any location, including in the diaper bag (Obivously don't put the poopy diaper filled plastic bag back in the diaper bag.)
Mar 28, 2012
5 posts
2 upvotes
Target also has this for $29.99. In addition, they have a $7.50 off coupon in their website.
Oct 16, 2005
50 posts
11 upvotes
alkizmo wrote: I'm just sharing my opinion. It's not like my situation is unusual. Most people buy into the diaper genie because they think "icky icky diaper poopy!!!" and they want to toss it away into what they think is a hazardous material rated plastic container.
You can buy a pack of 100 tiny white plastic garbage bags for like 1$ and wrap each poopy diaper in that as they occur. They won't smell and you can have them at any location, including in the diaper bag (Obivously don't put the poopy diaper filled plastic bag back in the diaper bag.)
From my experience, with my first we used this model. It was pretty good like others have said until solid foods come into the diet. We ended just placing standard white garbage bags into the garage to stem the smell. The Diaper Genie couldn't stop the smell fully. (to it's defense, anytime a human poops in a bag in the house its hard to not notice regardless of the tech :) )

When we had twins next we tried again, but it was just a pain, just used the garbage bags in the garage.

But if you are in a condo/apartment maybe it would be better, but with a smaller space, trust me you will still smell it :)

thankfully my time dealing with this problem is now gone, until grandkids... :)

my 2 cents, enjoy every minute it goes fast.
Jan 19, 2005
166 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
it's back in stock. Just picked this up online at walmart for $28.94!

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)