Mar 4, 2004
8295 posts
973 upvotes
Montreal
sexyblackbmw wrote:
Aug 10th, 2011 2:26 pm
WHY SO SERIOUS? :p no sense of humor?

Calm down! don't get your panties in a knot :P

Read the website for your answer :D Seiki 'About Us' -http://www.seikidigital.com/about-us/

same guys that brought us the $49 Bluray player (around Christmas)

Humor does not work on message boards, your post looked serious.

Yup, I love that Seiki blu-ray player. Still working for me, I'm surprised they even released a firmware update for it. Wait, why are you still here if you were joking, go buy the darn TV :)
Oct 27, 2008
769 posts
124 upvotes
yuprules wrote:
Aug 10th, 2011 2:15 pm
The Walmart flyer shows the tv at $399, so they lowered it by $100 in store to $299 to...give us a deal? Well, that's great then! Not much of a trick is it to give us off EACH TV.

Even if (big if here) the flyer has a typo and it really is suppose to be $299. Show me a 40" 1080p hdtv with a QAM, ATSC and NTSC tuner from ANY BRAND that is $299. This is STILL a hot deal even if the flyer has a typo and not vice versa.
Just wandering who made the panel for this TV, someone can have a laptop with HDMI plug into it to see who panel it's?
look pretty much alike: http://www.made-in-china.com/showroom/n ... 0G56-.html
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2008
1038 posts
81 upvotes
yuprules wrote:
Aug 10th, 2011 2:33 pm
Humor does not work on message boards, your post looked serious.

Yup, I love that Seiki blu-ray player. Still working for me, I'm surprised they even released a firmware update for it. Wait, why are you still here if you were joking, go buy the darn TV :)

I bought one for a christmas gift for a relative with a Hitachi TV... same remote codes for the player and TV... pressing play on the Bluray remote would turn the Television off! LOL player went back for an LG instead.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
8295 posts
973 upvotes
Montreal
y2k-inc wrote:
Aug 10th, 2011 2:34 pm
Just wandering who made the panel for this TV, someone can have a laptop with HDMI plug into it to see who panel it's?
look pretty much alike: http://www.made-in-china.com/showroom/n ... 0G56-.html

I don't have a laptop with HDMI out to test, but how do you test what kind of panel it is with a laptop?

But I will test it over the air and with my Xbox 360 via hdmi when I get home. Will report back....but frankly I wouldn't wait on this because I'm sure they will fix the price very soon. You can always buy it now for $299 return it unopened if my review is bad.
sexyblackbmw wrote:
Aug 10th, 2011 2:35 pm
I bought one for a christmas gift for a relative with a Hitachi TV... same remote codes for the player and TV... pressing play on the Bluray remote would turn the Television off! LOL player went back for an LG instead.

I had bought a no name TV from Walmart for a relative (even more no name than this one)...it had the EXACT same remote code as a Samsung TV.

I was testing the no name TV in the livingroom and my Samsung TV volume went up while I was pressing volume on on the no name remote. Then I found out that ALL the buttons were the same!!! Some ripped off Samsung remote was packaged in this no name tv (the remote had no label on it) or it could had been a rebranded Samsung TV/Panel/circuit board.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2006
1399 posts
146 upvotes
i cant find it on walmart.ca

anyone have a link?
Dec 7, 2004
317 posts
44 upvotes
Burlington
got 2 at Burlington WM...Dundas & Appleby......they had 1 more with more coming in......thanks OP
Aug 2, 2009
214 posts
112 upvotes
Coquitlam
$298 is the price right; $398 is price error ;)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
8295 posts
973 upvotes
Montreal
sammytheone wrote:
Aug 10th, 2011 2:43 pm
got 2 at Burlington WM...Dundas & Appleby......they had 1 more with more coming in......thanks OP
Made you buy 2? Did the OP put a gun to your head? You should report that to the police ;) ;) ;)
Daf wrote:
Aug 10th, 2011 2:42 pm
i cant find it on walmart.ca

anyone have a link?

Go the flyer section, put in a any Quebec province postal code and make it "your store". It shows $398.99 in the flyer...but as we all know it's wrong in the store at $299 across Canada.

And NO it's not the flyer that is wrong! :) :) :)
adsl17910 wrote:
Aug 10th, 2011 2:44 pm
$298 is the price right; $398 is price error ;)

Don't you start! :)
Nov 8, 2009
206 posts
13 upvotes
does this one have any media player XD or am i expecting too much?
I would jump on this if I can just connect the usb stick or external hard drive directly, and if the tv can just play it..
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
8295 posts
973 upvotes
Montreal
lkh5650 wrote:
Aug 10th, 2011 2:50 pm
I would jump on this if I can just connect the usb stick or external hard drive directly, and if the tv can just play it..

No it does not have this function, it would be $499 if it did :) :) :) :)
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2009
2200 posts
451 upvotes
Lethbridge
Nothing at Lethbridge - Didn't have a chance to ask since there was only one sales guy on over lunch & some hillbillies had him occupied. rofl.

Calling when I get a chance @ work again.

EDIT:
Just got off the phone with Lethbridge South – 3 in the back atm.

Now to find an excuse to jet across town during work...

Site visit? Rofl.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
7248 posts
651 upvotes
Toronto
RFD, where you spend money to save money.

I wonder if $299 is supposed to be the correct price and the $398 flyer price is wrong.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2003
5697 posts
590 upvotes
lkh5650 wrote:
Aug 10th, 2011 2:50 pm
yuprules wrote:
Aug 10th, 2011 2:52 pm
No it does not have this function, it would be $499 if it did :) :) :) :)
Do you know that for sure? I see the picture on the other page shows a USB port (which maybe just used for firmware updates).

EDIT: Took a look on the Seiki site and says "USB Port (for service only)". If it had played media from a USB stick I'd be on it! My wife will now be happy.
------He who dares, Rodders, he who dares------

Heatware Feedback eBay Feedback
X360 Live Gamertag: Frenzied360
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
8295 posts
973 upvotes
Montreal
mark_in_2k wrote:
Aug 10th, 2011 2:57 pm
Do you know that for sure? I see the picture on the other page shows a USB port (which maybe just used for firmware updates).

My Samsung tv has a usb port, it's for firmware upgrades only as well.
× < >