Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[WM] Price Error , Seiki LCD 40" $298

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2012 11:37 am
Tags:
Deal Guru
Sep 10, 2008
10275 posts
9274 upvotes
Kitchener
bombdiggity wrote: Finally somebody who got it confirmed this. Does this mean it might be 120Hz instead of 60Hz as well?
In my experience 60Hz on a quality TV brand like Samsung looks great, no need for 120Hz.
Temp. Banned
Mar 26, 2005
1984 posts
89 upvotes
Canada
Confirmed in stock at the Brampton Airport location
Items currently for sale
Banned
Jul 8, 2011
2945 posts
467 upvotes
Totoriko wrote: Seems to be normal price at $298. Anyway, got one and returning immediately because of dead pixels.
That's what happened with a lot of those Seiki LED HDTVs that were on sale a while back (26"?) and I would imagine it would be worse with 40" models.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
3746 posts
1003 upvotes
Toronto
mark_in_2k wrote: Do you know that for sure? I see the picture on the other page shows a USB port (which maybe just used for firmware updates).

EDIT: Took a look on the Seiki site and says "USB Port (for service only)". If it had played media from a USB stick I'd be on it! My wife will now be happy.
yuprules wrote: My Samsung tv has a usb port, it's for firmware upgrades only as well.
I have seen posts in the past that show a way to get into the service menu on Samsungs which allow other functions to be activated. Depending on the model you may be able to get that USB port activated to play media.
Jan 26, 2011
438 posts
16 upvotes
AWESOME deal, i still have my 52 inch square TV that i paid 3000$ back in 1995 LOL awesome tv and badass but i need 1080p now !!! :cheesygri
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28752 posts
1370 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
NiKTaMeR wrote: .... !
Love the username

I wonder if any of the admins even know enough French to figure it out?

I just sent out a spam txt to all my usual electronics list LOL.

My branch has five....well when I enter the store in 20mins anyway. Not sure if I need a bathroom tv or not.
PayTM$154, dead. SDM: $5342 Rakuten: $181.98
100% Established: BST; Heat; FB market; Kijiji *BST: FS Mens Shoes & Boots: Viberg, Allend Edmonds, Red Wings, misc,*
*Various Szs Vintage: Florsheim Imperial
Jan 26, 2011
438 posts
16 upvotes
DaWinman wrote: That's what happened with a lot of those Seiki LED HDTVs that were on sale a while back (26"?) and I would imagine it would be worse with 40" models.
So is it worth buying or it's a ****** tv?

Because my wallmart got like 10 in stock and i think i want one, would you recommand it or not? :o
Deal Guru
Mar 4, 2004
10226 posts
3142 upvotes
Montreal
rinottawa wrote: http://www.seikidigital.com/hdtv-s/40-c ... -hdtv.html

Does this mean it can play Mpeg-1/2 file through the USB port?

Wrong model. :) It's so new it isn't listed on their website yet. The only specs I could find are the photos from the box I took (page 2 in this thread), makes no mention of even a USB port.
1greatdeal wrote: So is it worth buying or it's a ****** tv?

Because my wallmart got like 10 in stock and i think i want one, would you recommand it or not? :o

By the time you decide, all 10 will be gone. If it's crap, return it in the box. Walmart doesn't care, just don't lose the bill.
Jan 26, 2011
438 posts
16 upvotes
yuprules wrote: Wrong model. :) It's so new it isn't listed on their website yet. The only specs I could find are the photos from the box I took (page 2 in this thread), makes no mention of even a USB port.

By the time you decide, all 10 will be gone. If it's crap, return it in the box. Walmart doesn't care, just don't lose the bill.
Ok thanks, i called 10 minutes ago and i finish working at 5pm (It's 4h30 now) i think i'm going there after work. :lol:

This is my first hd tv lol :lol: so i won't be able to tell if it's crap really what do you think?
Nov 8, 2009
206 posts
13 upvotes
yuprules wrote: Wrong model. :) It's so new it isn't listed on their website yet. The only specs I could find are the photos from the box I took (page 2 in this thread), makes no mention of even a USB port.

does that mean more likely it will play it XD? cuz its newer?
Deal Guru
Mar 4, 2004
10226 posts
3142 upvotes
Montreal
1greatdeal wrote: Ok thanks, i called 10 minutes ago and i finish working at 5pm (It's 4h30 now) i think i'm going there after work. :lol:

This is my first hd tv lol :lol: so i won't be able to tell if it's crap really what do you think?

If you use analog cable, it's going to look like crap.

If you can see pretty much see Mount Royal (not blocked by tall buildings), order the indoor Terk antenna form this thread that is on sale:
source-terk-indoor-hdtv-amplified-anten ... p-1066772/

If you can't really see Mount Royal, I still say try the antenna unless you are surrounded by tall buildings. The following stations are in HD over the air in Montreal:

CTV
CBC French English
Tele Quebec
V (old TQS)
(After August 31st, ALL other stations will go HD over the air...such as Global)

If you live in the South Shore or live high up in a condo facing south west, you can get CBS, NBC, FOX (maybe) and PBS with this antenna.

Let us know which store you went to AFTER you get it (so people don't rush there before you do).
Jan 26, 2011
438 posts
16 upvotes
Psubs wrote: If you hook up cable without a digital box or HD digital box it may not look that good.
Ok

Another noob question, does the tv comes with a tv mount or something or do i have to buy it too?
Nov 8, 2009
206 posts
13 upvotes
http://www.seikidigital.com/manuals/LC-40G81.pdf
i read this manual and on page 22 on pdf (or 21 of the document)
it says it can play
SD MPEG1 (.dat .mpg) / SD MPEG2(.vob .mpg)
but can't play others (not supported divx file and other hd video format)
i wonder if they will update the firmware later which will be able to play other HD video formats..

is it difficult to convert video files into mpeg1 or mpeg2 ? whats the diff between those two?
is there anyway i can install other tv's media firmware to play other formats of hd videos XD?
Deal Guru
Mar 4, 2004
10226 posts
3142 upvotes
Montreal
lkh5650 wrote: http://www.seikidigital.com/manuals/LC-40G81.pdf
i read this manual and on page 22 on pdf (or 21 of the document)
it says it can play
SD MPEG1 (.dat .mpg) / SD MPEG2(.vob .mpg)
but can't play others (not supported divx file and other hd video format)
i wonder if they will update the firmware later which will be able to play other HD video formats..

is it difficult to convert video files into mpeg1 or mpeg2 ? whats the diff between those two?
is there anyway i can install other tv's media firmware to play other formats of hd videos XD?

Wrong model again, the model on sale at Walmart is:
Seiki LC-40B56

It is not listed on the Seiki website.
1greatdeal wrote: Ok

Another noob question, does the tv comes with a tv mount or something or do i have to buy it too?

It only comes with a stand for placing on a FLAT surface such as a TV stand. For wall mounting, you need to purchase a wall mount.
Jan 26, 2011
438 posts
16 upvotes
yuprules wrote: If you use analog cable, it's going to look like crap.

If you can see pretty much see Mount Royal (not blocked by tall buildings), order the indoor Terk antenna form this thread that is on sale:
source-terk-indoor-hdtv-amplified-anten ... p-1066772/

If you can't really see Mount Royal, I still say try the antenna unless you are surrounded by tall buildings. The following stations are in HD over the air in Montreal:

CTV
CBC French English
Tele Quebec
V (old TQS)
(After August 31st, ALL other stations will go HD over the air...such as Global)

If you live in the South Shore or live high up in a condo facing south west, you can get CBS, NBC, FOX (maybe) and PBS with this antenna.

Let us know which store you went to AFTER you get it (so people don't rush there before you do).

Thanks boss i really appreciate!

btw check pm(store related)

Psubs wrote: They come with stands but not a wall-mount if that's what you want.
yuprules wrote:
It only comes with a stand for placing on a FLAT surface such as a TV stand. For wall mounting, you need to purchase a wall mount.
Perfect, thanks guys!

Here you go guys, this is your reward!

[Img]http://www.acclaimimages.com/_gallery/_ ... er_mug.jpg[/Img]