Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

WM: Sony DVD +/- R 100's $20

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 12th, 2010 1:36 pm
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2008
8092 posts
349 upvotes

[Walmart] WM: Sony DVD +/- R 100's $20

saw they had a spindle of 100 DVD+/-R's for $20.

sorry...no upc or pic as went on my lunch.
16 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2007
4439 posts
109 upvotes
Thanks but I do miss those $16 Verbatium 100 pack PM days... :cry:
Jul 9, 2007
260 posts
90 upvotes
GTA
DIODIO wrote: Thanks but I do miss those $16 Verbatium 100 pack PM days... :cry:
My last few verbatim spindles were crap quality. I used to be a die hard verbatim person, but I have been having better success with the sony's and maxel lately. I can handle the $0.04 difference if I don't end up with a bunch of coasters.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2007
4439 posts
109 upvotes
Baillout wrote: My last few verbatim spindles were crap quality. I used to be a die hard verbatim person, but I have been having better success with the sony's and maxel lately. I can handle the $0.04 difference if I don't end up with a bunch of coasters.
Did the Verbatium package say VALUE SERIES on it? If so, as most of us on here know already to avoid those @ ALL COST! :lol:
Jul 9, 2007
260 posts
90 upvotes
GTA
DIODIO wrote: Did the Verbatium package say VALUE SERIES on it? If so, as most of us on here know already to avoid those @ ALL COST! :lol:
No, I saw the comments on the value series, so I avoided those. My last three verbatim spindles were the standard packaging. I was probably running in the 10-15% waste on those 3 spindles. However, some people have indicated that the quality varies by factory, I have not been particular enough to figure that out. I have had a few maxell and sony spindles since with no prolems with sony and only one disc out of 200 discs on maxell.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2005
3444 posts
71 upvotes
Peterborough
I bought some about a year ago and they where one of the worst discs I ever used not sure if that changed.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2005
3444 posts
71 upvotes
Peterborough
Baillout wrote: My last few verbatim spindles were crap quality. I used to be a die hard verbatim person, but I have been having better success with the sony's and maxel lately. I can handle the $0.04 difference if I don't end up with a bunch of coasters.
I Used to use Maxell when they say'd made in Japan Another brand I won't be buying any more.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
9315 posts
7703 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Are you referring to Sony or Verbatim?

Scottie wrote: I bought some about a year ago and they where one of the worst discs I ever used not sure if that changed.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2005
3444 posts
71 upvotes
Peterborough
Baillout wrote: No, I saw the comments on the value series, so I avoided those. My last three verbatim spindles were the standard packaging. I was probably running in the 10-15% waste on those 3 spindles. However, some people have indicated that the quality varies by factory, I have not been particular enough to figure that out. I have had a few maxell and sony spindles since with no prolems with sony and only one disc out of 200 discs on maxell.
I go through 50's and 100's packs of Verbatims all the times thousands and never had an issue with them just make sure they say AZO on them and also do not use the ones that look like movies reels these where the only pack I ever thought where junk.
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2004
15215 posts
4405 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
> also do not use the ones that look like movies reels these where the only pack I ever thought where junk.

The +R movie reel discs that I bought have been stellar, whether they were made in Singapore or Taiwan. I think the only scans I got that had better results (and not a lot better) were from TYs.

PS. For branded discs, I have to say that Sony has been consistently the nicest.

edit// "nicest" as in "nicest looking"
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
364 upvotes
excellent deal considering we haven't seen $20/100pk branded discs for a while now (where's the Verbatim deals?)

i particularly like the white matte(?) surface on Sony discs... looks nice
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2004
3953 posts
18 upvotes
mahjongmaniac wrote: excellent deal considering we haven't seen $20/100pk branded discs for a while now (where's the Verbatim deals?)

i particularly like the white matte(?) surface on Sony discs... looks nice
Feels nice when you write on them, too.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12833 posts
6665 upvotes
Awesome will go check walmart out today thanks Op

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)