Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

WM - Winter Tires Clearance, 40% OFF - Dec 26 - 31

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2013 2:50 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
7994 posts
2226 upvotes
Alberta
s1301950 wrote: +1. No r19 for suvs
You can probably minus size your tires....put your vehicle at Tirerack.com (make/model and year and trim) and see what winter packages are recommended for your vehicles...you can then get the smallest rim size that is recommended, buy those tires at WM or other and then buy those rims/wheels from Costco or CT.

Dave
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
7994 posts
2226 upvotes
Alberta
Techhead wrote: Same here, no Light Truck tires.
Are you looking at LT-rated tires or P-rated tires in a light truck size? My compact truck 4x4 is 255/70-16 stock, but I typically use 245/75-16 P-rated tires when buying new or winter. LT-rated tires are for those who are off road a lot or tow a heavy trailer....a very stiff ride when you are running empty and on the highway.

Dave
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2008
1028 posts
78 upvotes
Etobicoke
DavidY wrote: Are you looking at LT-rated tires or P-rated tires in a light truck size? My compact truck 4x4 is 255/70-16 stock, but I typically use 245/75-16 P-rated tires when buying new or winter. LT-rated tires are for those who are off road a lot or tow a heavy trailer....a very stiff ride when you are running empty and on the highway.

Dave
Just regular P rated 245/75R16's

I called a couple that carry tires but none in that size of comparable.
The only place you're going to find a helping hand, is at he end of your own wrist. Joe Mondello
Sep 9, 2006
95 posts
2 upvotes
oc613 wrote: Getting a set installed today. 58$ a tire for the Dunlops, 56$ to mount and balance.

No sense in buying used at this price.
Are the Dunlop you bought Winter Tires? I'm looking to get set Dunlop set as well but I can't find it.
Which WM did you find Dunlops? I don't see it online. I called Oakville and they say Dunlops are regular priced.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
13462 posts
4620 upvotes
GTA
I can vouch for the Dunlop Graspics. Got them last year at Walmart ( Square One in Missy) for my 2012 Elantra and they're fine. Literally just got back from putting them on today and took a quick detour down a back road to practice some stopping and they performed well.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2008
1555 posts
238 upvotes
St. John's
amazing deal, thx for the reminder OP,

got nexar or something for $97 minus the 40% each, 205/65r15s
Jan 26, 2004
381 posts
232 upvotes
Georgetown
how much is the installation charges? so if i find a tire for $50, is it just $50 X4 plus HTS ??? any other charges? can they mount tires on existing rims? any extra charges?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2006
6219 posts
232 upvotes
mackey2001 wrote: how much is the installation charges? so if i find a tire for $50, is it just $50 X4 plus HTS ??? any other charges? can they mount tires on existing rims? any extra charges?
Its about $18.50 per tire + tax for installation. They'll mount them on your rims or whatever you want. They'll charge you for some kind of eco fee or tax or whatever in Ontario.
Jun 21, 2009
974 posts
448 upvotes
EST
No problem guys, glad I could help :)
toodow wrote: Are the Dunlop you bought Winter Tires? I'm looking to get set Dunlop set as well but I can't find it.
Which WM did you find Dunlops? I don't see it online. I called Oakville and they say Dunlops are regular priced.
My Walmart (Barrie North-end) said they only started carrying them this year IIRC. They were definitely discounted up here..
mackey2001 wrote: how much is the installation charges? so if i find a tire for $50, is it just $50 X4 plus HTS ??? any other charges? can they mount tires on existing rims? any extra charges?
$14.50/tire to install and balance up here, plus HST. Each tire carries a $5.something eco fee, plus HST of course. The automotive manager said something along the lines that if you buy the tires there, they only charge to balance them. I guess it's more if you bring your own.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
2785 posts
356 upvotes
Thanks OP! Picked up a set of Marshals for $292 tax in.
Sep 13, 2011
118 posts
33 upvotes
Where is the best place to get steel rims? I only need one as I bent one on the weekend.
Jan 14, 2010
72 posts
113 upvotes
Windsor
kramed wrote: Where is the best place to get steel rims? I only need one as I bent one on the weekend.
check costco online. they were the cheapest ive seen around.
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2006
2069 posts
80 upvotes
it was crazy at all the wal-marts in sauga today. Kept seeing the same faces trying to score tires at different locations. Unfortunately most of the popular sizes were hard to find especially in Dunlops.
"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither" - Benjamin Franklin.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
7994 posts
2226 upvotes
Alberta
Techhead wrote: Just regular P rated 245/75R16's

I called a couple that carry tires but none in that size of comparable.
If you are in Ontario or Quebec, you can try http://www.discountsontires.com They are near Montreal. Shipping to Ontario or Quebec is relatively cheap. They have good prices on tires. Shipping out west is outrageous however. Their site is having issues right now. Once the site is back in order, check what they have. 3 years ago, I had paid about $166/tire at my door from another Montreal tire dealer (4 General Altimax Arctic P245/75-16).

Dave
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2004
2337 posts
9 upvotes
Marx0r wrote: These are rated as *Very Good* by the APA winter tire guide: http://www.apa.ca/WinterTires2012-PassengerCars.asp
I got the Dunlops installed today and I must say I disagree with those ratings. My old Nord*Frosts destroyed these tires in term of performance on my civic. The Dunlops don't seem to stick very well at all under hard breaking and accelerating. The do stick VERY well laterally though, and break pretty traction predictably. They have good transmission of 'feel' over all. Also they are almost all season quiet, but a rougher ride. Seem like they will do good for dry highway and everyday city since the roads are mostly clear here in Ottawa 80% of the time, and when they aren't, I reduce my speeds anyhow.
toodow wrote: Are the Dunlop you bought Winter Tires? I'm looking to get set Dunlop set as well but I can't find it.
Ottawa walmart, south keys. 58.18 a tire in 185 65 14.
jason9945 wrote: All the reviews are stellar but I can't get them to stick to anything. The all season tires I had on the car before stuck better than the ds3's.

I'm a huge fan of my nexen tires. I'm pretty amazed at how good they are.
I agree. My Michelin harmony all seasons which are worn about 50% are only about 20% worse in stop and go. I find the major difference is that my car doesn't slide as much - or at all now really - if I take corners too fast for the conditions. Over all I'd say they enhanced my safety over 50%. I do wish I had got the Marshalls though as I can't help but feel the more agressive pattern would perform a lot better (of course with the obvious trade-offs associated with such a tire).

I probably just should have bought a used pair of General Altimax Artics for 100$ already on rims on kijiji locally that had more than half thread left and included free delivery. Would have been 250$ cheaper and likely been as good as these dunlops. Oh well :D
Oct 26, 2008
439 posts
407 upvotes
I picked up a set of the Dunlops yesterday at Walmart in Kitchener at Fairview park mall. For my Elantra Touring. 65.87 per tire. Since this is raWalmart sale I think the Mail in rebate should work as it does not not an Instant rebate was applied.
So far so good, much better than the kumho souls I was running, which I hated since I bought inJuly.
They were out of my exact size of 195/65r/15 so I dropped to the slightly lower profile they had in stock of 195/60/15
Mar 7, 2009
570 posts
7 upvotes
Any chance to get some 215/40/17? Or is it pretty much for all those who drive civics and corollas with the 15s :p
Oct 26, 2008
439 posts
407 upvotes
I love a good used purchase as much as the next guy, and maybe it's the Dad in me talking but unless you know who you're buying from, used tires always seem like such a safety gamble I could never justify the risk reward
Jun 21, 2009
974 posts
448 upvotes
EST
Hey guys, if your WM doesn't have your tire size in stock, maybe they could print you an invoice, which you can then use to pricematch at Canadian Tire? I think you could then even apply the rebate too.
oc613 wrote: I got the Dunlops installed today and I must say I disagree with those ratings. My old Nord*Frosts destroyed these tires in term of performance on my civic. The Dunlops don't seem to stick very well at all under hard breaking and accelerating. The do stick VERY well laterally though, and break pretty traction predictably. They have good transmission of 'feel' over all. Also they are almost all season quiet, but a rougher ride. Seem like they will do good for dry highway and everyday city since the roads are mostly clear here in Ottawa 80% of the time, and when they aren't, I reduce my speeds anyhow.
Sorry to hear that. Maybe I should try and return mine before they get installed? :cheesygri How are they in snow/slush though? They will be going on my mom's new Kia Rio, so racecar performance isn't a priority as opposed to grip in the snow.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)