• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2017 12:22 pm
[OP]
Jan 25, 2006
510 posts
23 upvotes
Nova Scotia

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

Anyone playing this game? I now Assassin's Creed Origins seems to be the talk of the town lately on the interwebs but I have to say this game is fantastic. Silly controversy aside this game is fun and the story is very good so far. Playing it on my PS4 (non pro) on a 4K TV and graphics are very good. Same Wolfenstein play style as the 1st one but with some nice add on's including perks and weapon upgrades.
20 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5252 posts
1694 upvotes
Toronto
been playing it since midnight on Friday and it's right up there with BOTW as my favorite game this year. I've been raving about it in the console gaming thread below. I've put about 12-13 hours in so far and I'm about 3/4 through. Rarely does a game hook me to that extent where I play that much in a single weekend
[OP]
Jan 25, 2006
510 posts
23 upvotes
Nova Scotia
ReeGee wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 12:20 pm
been playing it since midnight on Friday and it's right up there with BOTW as my favorite game this year. I've been raving about it in the console gaming thread below. I've put about 12-13 hours in so far and I'm about 3/4 through. Rarely does a game hook me to that extent where I play that much in a single weekend
Yeah I agree with you. Cant wait to get home after work and get the kids to bed and put in a few hours. I didn't check the console thread, my apologies, even though I think it deserves its own thread :)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5252 posts
1694 upvotes
Toronto
quicksilver7 wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 12:34 pm
Yeah I agree with you. Cant wait to get home after work and get the kids to bed and put in a few hours. I didn't check the console thread, my apologies, even though I think it deserves its own thread :)
It definitely deserves its own thread and I was going to make one but didn't bother because it's kind of an under the radar release compared to hype behind Destiny 2, Odyssey and AC:O right now. I think it's going to be one of those games that slowly grows in popularity as people get around to playing it later this year and next. It's a shoe in for shooter of the year imo

Not sure if you got there yet but the whole sequence of events during and after the farmhouse had my jaw on the floor and a big stupid smile on my face. Haven't got that feeling from a First person shooter in a very long time if ever.
[OP]
Jan 25, 2006
510 posts
23 upvotes
Nova Scotia
Yeah lots of decent games out right now but I was in the mood for something like Wolfenstein after HDZ.

I have just entered Manhattan actually so pretty early in the game.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5252 posts
1694 upvotes
Toronto
quicksilver7 wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 1:31 pm
Yeah lots of decent games out right now but I was in the mood for something like Wolfenstein after HDZ.

I have just entered Manhattan actually so pretty early in the game.
I'm still kind of dragging my feet on HDZ. It's good but I just have trouble sticking with the same game for 30-40 hours straight.

Man you haven't seen anything yet. Let me know what you think after you clear the farmhouse and events leading up to New Orleans
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
5543 posts
1240 upvotes
I've heard great things about this game. I'm waiting for the Wolfenstein 2-pack (New Order and Old Blood) to drop back to $25 before I play this.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2001
4883 posts
1725 upvotes
ReeGee wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 12:20 pm
Hoping to pick this up when it goes on sale...I have AC:O, CoD, SW:BF2 to play...on top of my regular rotation of NHL and MLB: The Show...plus I just bought TLOU. Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3295 posts
354 upvotes
Markham
Checking in to see how everyone feels about this game. Waiting for Switch version to be released.
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3185 posts
636 upvotes
Toronto
I played it over the weekend at my friend's place, and I'm definitely gonna pick it up, but probably after I play through and trade in COD first...
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5252 posts
1694 upvotes
Toronto
Finished last night at 18 hours on Bring em on difficulty. Haven't done the preorder episode yet and they also added a challenge mode in the new update. I will definitely do a second play through sometime next year choosing the other character to live and also just because it was the most fun I've had in a single player shooter since DOOM. My only complaints were the lack of interesting boss battles compared to TNO (the last one was kind of terrible) and some occasional weird optimization issues and framerate drops in places that made no sense. 8.5/10
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7439 posts
762 upvotes
Victoria
I enjoyed it. I played it on default difficulty and I thought it was pretty good. I've definitely enjoyed this run (The last 2.5 games) alot more than the few games from the era before that. These are fun to play.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3185 posts
636 upvotes
Toronto
zod wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 8:18 pm
I enjoyed it. I played it on default difficulty and I thought it was pretty good. I've definitely enjoyed this run (The last 2.5 games) alot more than the few games from the era before that. These are fun to play.
Yeah, outside of this current run by Machine Games, the last Wolfenstein game I enjoyed was Enemy Territory, and that was a multiplayer objective based shooter. So glad Bethesda resurrected this (and DOOM). They're trying with Quake, but I'm trying to think of other ID properties they can bring back... Hexen? Maybe try again with Rage?
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7439 posts
762 upvotes
Victoria
M1GOmigs wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 11:46 am
Yeah, outside of this current run by Machine Games, the last Wolfenstein game I enjoyed was Enemy Territory, and that was a multiplayer objective based shooter. So glad Bethesda resurrected this (and DOOM). They're trying with Quake, but I'm trying to think of other ID properties they can bring back... Hexen? Maybe try again with Rage?
I'd love to see a duke nukem side scroller (opposted to the FPS that it became later in life).
May 9, 2007
792 posts
208 upvotes
Xbox is currently having a black friday digital sale and Wolfenstein is 50% off, $40cad for the base game, $55cad with the season pass.