For the finale, driver herself
58 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2003
3917 posts
40 upvotes
Austin/Markham
those are some sweet cars.

Even though I know the safety in those cars were a joke (steering wheel puncturing your heart in even a minor headon collision), there's something nostalgic about those cars.

I wonder if a bodyshop would even know how to restore it or if the insurance company would just consider it a loss and pay out.
__
demandez-lui si elle dormira avec vous pour un LED keychain
Nov 30, 2008
312 posts
4 upvotes
its a toyota... her lawyer will cry 'mysteriously accelerated when victim put it into D.'. just saying..
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
15926 posts
2492 upvotes
Toronto
Act 2 - Toyota sudden unintended acceleration

or a maketing ploy used by Toyota to get some attention ... look, the car is damaged but the driver is 'unhurt'
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2004
1529 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
how come the Airbags in the Lexus didn't come out?
Banned
Sep 22, 2008
8322 posts
527 upvotes
haha the last few pictures just made me laugh out loud. :facepalm:

reminded me of the toyota camry trying to park in the handicap space
deja-vu :facepalm:
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2007
4355 posts
260 upvotes
Toronto
lumlum1013 wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2011 4:13 pm

It was a relatively weak impact... the front end & hood of the Lexus didn't even crumple. Re-bar probably was untouched too.

The car she hit was from a different era where safety was a joke (obviously)... the door/frame/structure completely collapsed with a minor side impact lol, and the seat somehow ripped apart and collapsed too!
ES PRODUCTIONS
Professional Photography Services

#KeepFightingMichael
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2002
1441 posts
104 upvotes
C'mon guys, she was just following the GPS directions
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
15926 posts
2492 upvotes
Toronto
Was she late to the Meet ? or was she barred from it and decided to 'crash' the Meet ... Hmmm. No matter, she made it in ;) one way or the other.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2009
1313 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto
She had to be going fast enough to get up and over that curb while carrying momentum - my money is on jammed accel instead of brake.
Jul 27, 2005
509 posts
10 upvotes
VorteC wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2011 4:26 pm
It was a relatively weak impact... the front end & hood of the Lexus didn't even crumple. Re-bar probably was untouched too.

The car she hit was from a different era where safety was a joke (obviously)... the door/frame/structure completely collapsed with a minor side impact lol, and the seat somehow ripped apart and collapsed too!

Either way, asian woman driving, not surprised.

Amen. It's a classic cliche that becomes a true stereotype frankly.

I'd drive alongside a Mister Sulu in a starship than a "Ms./Mrs. Sulu" in any car.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
19880 posts
1515 upvotes
lumlum1013 wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2011 4:13 pm
VorteC wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2011 4:26 pm
That's some terrible side impact protection there on the classic car, lol. And I mean terrible.

At first I was thinking maybe her airbag light was on (and therefore bags were not operational) but then I saw the pics of the Lexus looking mighty intact. It's funny how people always talk about old cars being built like tanks, when the truth is quite different. It's actually a bit shocking just how much damage that car took on the side, given the condition of the Lexus (where the front end is actually meant to crumple and it didn't even do that).

But yeah this seems like it was certainly the product of "unintended acceleration" lol :lol: Classic car owner should sue Toyota as well :twisted:
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
22714 posts
873 upvotes
Markham, ON
vdubber wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2011 5:35 pm
parking lot 50/50 :facepalm:

the vintage cars were stationary...try arguing that one ;)
× < >