Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16047 posts
999 upvotes
Woodbridge
Expected only at $65?

If this can't do $100 and I'm predicting over $200. DC should just dropped every project and hand it over to Disney/Marvel. LOL
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7098 posts
656 upvotes
Victoria
bembol wrote:
May 13th, 2017 9:56 am
Expected only at $65?

If this can't do $100 and I'm predicting over $200. DC should just dropped every project and hand it over to Disney/Marvel. LOL
Marvel's earned it. Marvel can put out a new character and people go to see it because if the quality of the previous films.

DC's is still figuring it out. They haven't earned that brand loyalty yet.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 26, 2004
9740 posts
511 upvotes
Mississauga
bembol wrote:
Expected only at $65?

You're predicting a $200M opening weekend? Face Screaming In Fear
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17377 posts
1196 upvotes
thechampion116 wrote:
May 13th, 2017 9:40 am
This will probably be the first positive DC movie. Hopefully it does at least 100mil at the box office opening weekend and not the expected 65m.
The Keaton and Bale Batman movies were well received.
thechampion116 wrote:
May 13th, 2017 9:54 am
its the first female led superhero movie so it has its place.

I think its also coming out at a very good time when the big movies came out already (Guardians) or are coming out in July which is jampacked (Dunkirk, Apes and Spiderman). If the movie gets the good reviews it needs, it will have legs for June.
I thought Catwoman was the first female led superhero movie.
bembol wrote:
Expected only at $65?

Early tracking is $65 million which is normal. As we get closer to release, more mainstream advertising will drive the tracking numbers up.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1053 posts
232 upvotes
Can't wait! Just got tickets for opening night for Scotiabank's laser IMAX theatre first screening. Will definitely try to attend the advance screening as well, even if I have to stand in the stupid rush line because I know I'm not going to win any tickets for the free screening. Smiling Face With Horns

So friggin' hyped after watching sexy Gal Gadot in black lingerie in the comedy "Keeping Up with the Joneses" yesterday. LOL

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2387499/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_4
Deal Guru
Jun 30, 2006
13787 posts
2333 upvotes
Toronto
This is not going to make 200 million, it will be lucky to get to 100 million opening weekend. Only Marvel properties have a chance at making 200 million, DC is way behind the game unless it was Chris Nolan and his Batman movies.
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10412 posts
531 upvotes
jenviea wrote:
May 19th, 2017 5:19 am
Dare I believe?
I wanna believe

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-first-reacti ... 1795356828

Wait and see for yourself
Very exciting news for fans of Wonder Woman but is it exciting for DCEU fans (aka Squadz lol). Basic description from the reviews are 1) very hopeful/inspiring character 2) has humor 3) is fun 4) action oriented. Watching it next week so i can judge but basically that reads Marvel-like film making and less Snyder-like film-making.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
18946 posts
1338 upvotes
I actually don't mind Synder's style....dark and gritty....Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy is dark and gritty and it works....

It's just BvsS' story, pace and flow were terribad...jumbled mess and some of the key turning pts (i.e. same mother's name) were just bad....

Watchmen was great.....BvsS not....here's hoping Justice League is better!

Looking forward to WW!!
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1088 posts
152 upvotes
Looking forward to this. Is it a coincidence that this movie is getting good reviews and is not directed by Snyder? Too bad we don't have any more DC fanboys around anymore to defend Snyder's crappy movies to death.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10412 posts
531 upvotes
Everyone is loving wonder woman and a lot of women are talking about crying etc in the movie so it's hitting all the targets. Will definitely be the best DCEU movie by a mile. I think this will change WB to make sure their movies has the proper jokes and simply be a fun time at the theatre.

I personally can't wait until Wednesday after these reviews. I am not emotionally tied to the character so it will have a tough time topping Logan for the year.
Jan 12, 2017
774 posts
104 upvotes
looks like a good movie from all trailers! i feel like i've seen the full movie already! course it won't be that big grossing, female stars don't generate bigratings,,, it'll prolly make under 200Mill alltime imo, not a big blockbuster, i could be wrong, gal gadot isn't a big name..she was that chic in fast furious back then with the nice toned booty! if i rember correctly
Add me on PSN: hubu2017 SFV ps4 aka Mikka1989
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10412 posts
531 upvotes
Haz wrote:
May 13th, 2017 6:01 pm
I thought Catwoman was the first female led superhero movie.
Catwoman is a villain although I haven't seen the movie.
mikka2017 wrote:
May 20th, 2017 11:27 pm
looks like a good movie from all trailers! i feel like i've seen the full movie already! course it won't be that big grossing, female stars don't generate bigratings,,, it'll prolly make under 200Mill alltime imo, not a big blockbuster, i could be wrong, gal gadot isn't a big name..she was that chic in fast furious back then with the nice toned booty! if i rember correctly
Based on the early buzz, I think it can pull 200 million domestic easily by the end of its run.
Banned
Apr 28, 2017
38 posts
25 upvotes
thechampion116 wrote:
May 22nd, 2017 12:53 am
Catwoman is a villain although I haven't seen the movie.

Based on the early buzz, I think it can pull 200 million domestic easily by the end of its run.
Indeed Catwoman is a villain, but the movie showed her in a lead role, irrespective of the negativity, and the movie was a flop actually ($82.1m earned on $100m budget).

About Wonder Woman, she has been a superhero since forever, one of the leading members of Justice League, and having an important role always. Gal is a hot actress and as shown in the pictures and trailers, she is fitting the best in this role. Expecting much from this movie and yes it may pull up to $250m globally.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2003
4621 posts
455 upvotes
Toronto
Ever since this scene, I've been fascinated - ahem - by her. Can't believe they just killed her off like that in F6.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)