'Wonder Woman' starring Gal Gadot June 2 2017

• Last Updated:
  • May 24th, 2017 10:53 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 3, 2017
110 posts
41 upvotes
Ms. Gadot sure is hamming it up for the audience. I don't think I've seen a recent movie where an actress goes to the length she does to drum up interest in a movie.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 26, 2004
9676 posts
475 upvotes
Mississauga
badclone wrote:
Mar 11th, 2017 11:03 pm
Ms. Gadot sure is hamming it up for the audience. I don't think I've seen a recent movie where an actress goes to the length she does to drum up interest in a movie.
It's her first leading role in a major Hollywood movie. Her career is highly dependent on this being a success, so I can't blame her. Also, DC and WB are in desperate need of a critical hit so they need all the cylinders firing.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
22758 posts
4654 upvotes
GTHA
This June, witness the future of justice. #WonderWoman

Official Origin Trailer
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
1744 posts
390 upvotes
Unionville, ON
Talamasca wrote:
Mar 11th, 2017 11:16 pm
It's her first leading role in a major Hollywood movie. Her career is highly dependent on this being a success, so I can't blame her. Also, DC and WB are in desperate need of a critical hit so they need all the cylinders firing.
In addition, I think her most successful movies to date were the Fast movies. Fast 5, 6 and 7 - but she was relegated to supporting roles in those. I'm actually looking forward to seeing this, I hope it does well.

Apparently she was in the Israeli army for 2 years as also served as a IDF trainer. (Israeli Defense Force)

Israeli women are generally hot, it must be their water... lol
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
22758 posts
4654 upvotes
GTHA
JKKim2983 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 8:16 pm
In addition, I think her most successful movies to date were the Fast movies. Fast 5, 6 and 7 - but she was relegated to supporting roles in those. I'm actually looking forward to seeing this, I hope it does well.

Apparently she was in the Israeli army for 2 years as also served as a IDF trainer. (Israeli Defense Force)

Israeli women are generally hot, it must be their water... lol
It is true... ;)

When looking back on her two years as a combat trainer, Gadot is quick to point out she wishes no country would need an army but says, “Unfortunately, that is not the case, especially in Israel. Part of being Israeli is to go to the army. All my friends went, my parents went and my grandparents went.”
from http://people.com/movies/how-serving-in ... der-woman/

James asks Gal Gadot about winning Miss Israel and eventually Miss Universe, where she met Donald Trump long ago, and explains why Donald wouldn't have stood a chance with any unwanted advances.

Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
22758 posts
4654 upvotes
GTHA
A new promo for has been released, featuring some incredible, action-packed new footage, and our first look at David Thewlis as the mysterious Sir Patrick.

Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
22758 posts
4654 upvotes
GTHA
An extended sneak peek (contains some exciting new footage) aired during tonight's episode of Gotham, and it's now been officially released online.

Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10326 posts
515 upvotes
Very good looking trailer.

I know they are hiding Ares (maybe the CGI wasn't ready yet) but I don't like that they are truly hiding him. Maybe its part of the story but last time I watched Wonder Woman, she was going blow for blow against Doomsday. While maybe her powers aren't as developed in WW1 but why would I as audience member be interested in seeing her fight humans and kick them out of windows. It should be an easy win for Wonder Woman.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
5845 posts
1590 upvotes
thechampion116 wrote:
May 8th, 2017 10:36 am

I know they are hiding Ares (maybe the CGI wasn't ready yet) but I don't like that they are truly hiding him. Maybe its part of the story but last time I watched Wonder Woman, she was going blow for blow against Doomsday. While maybe her powers aren't as developed in WW1 but why would I as audience member be interested in seeing her fight humans and kick them out of windows. It should be an easy win for Wonder Woman.
Seriously though .. cause the whole super hero genre makes any sort of logical sense. :)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2010
7734 posts
710 upvotes
thechampion116 wrote:
May 8th, 2017 10:36 am

I think it's nice in the sense that the trailer doesn't reveal everything (whereas BvS dropped both Doomsday and WW).

However, to kind of answer your point, we also have to remember that this is WW's first time outside her island so she's not used to things like bullets, chemical warfare and whatnot. Even though she still kicks butt, in theory, this lack of understanding of warfare in that era would pose her an early disadvantage.
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10326 posts
515 upvotes
Early impressions are starting to hit the web from some critics and some DC comics writers/staff.

They seem to love the movie. Some even indicate that Gadot was wonderfully directed.

This will probably be the first positive DC movie. Hopefully it does at least 100mil at the box office opening weekend and not the expected 65m.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 28, 2002
5937 posts
237 upvotes
Toronto
I did not like Gal for the role simply becasue they keep handing ou thtese things to the usual suspects who are not comitted even though this is her bigest gig as the star.
The have been marketing this like there is no tomorrow.
They did it right from the get go and it looks really amazing in every way.
This movie looks like it will shatter expectations just by the demographics you've got 40+ fans like me waiting for something like this, females, gay males etc.
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10326 posts
515 upvotes
its the first female led superhero movie so it has its place.

I think its also coming out at a very good time when the big movies came out already (Guardians) or are coming out in July which is jampacked (Dunkirk, Apes and Spiderman). If the movie gets the good reviews it needs, it will have legs for June.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel