Shopping Discussion

Wondering about Zellers liquidation in Newmarket.

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 4th, 2012 9:36 am
Feb 15, 2011
172 posts
40 upvotes

Wondering about Zellers liquidation in Newmarket.

Hello,

I'm looking to purchase some baby items, and I'm wondering if anyone has been to the Zellers liquidation store in Newmarket.

I'm wondering if I should make the drive and check the deals, but I thought I'd ask on here if anyone the store has been picked over yet, or if they still have some stock remaining?

Thanks.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2005
1528 posts
176 upvotes
Burnaby
I can't speak to the Newmarket store specifically, but based on early reports from RFD'ers in the forums the discounts on most merch at the clearance stores are only running 10-20% and the stock is FAR from picked-over. You'll likely do better picking up stuff from the weekly flyer at a Zellers store that isn't yet in "clearance" mode.

Or better yet, a different retailer altogether!
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
1907 posts
237 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
Wingding wrote:
Apr 4th, 2012 1:06 am

Or better yet, a different retailer altogether!

+1 Colossal waste of time looking for anything at Zellers, I needed to grab some receiving blankets and since I was near a clearence Zellers figured I would stop there, even 10-20% off I would have been happy with. Well all I found was that they jacked up the price on everything in the baby department. $17.99 for a pack of 4 of them they are crazy, everything in the baby department was either at an inflated regular price, or the couple 'sales' on car seats, I have seen way better deals elsewhere.
Went to Winners instead and picked up couple of 6-packs for $8.99 each.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2006
1554 posts
86 upvotes
tazz131 wrote:
Apr 4th, 2012 1:29 am
Hello,

I'm looking to purchase some baby items, and I'm wondering if anyone has been to the Zellers liquidation store in Newmarket.

I'm wondering if I should make the drive and check the deals, but I thought I'd ask on here if anyone the store has been picked over yet, or if they still have some stock remaining?

Thanks.
The flyer sales are a better option for Zellers than a liquidating store
Jul 23, 2007
20 posts
4 upvotes
I was at the Zellers Newmarket store. Pricing is not even close to good - standard flyer sales are better than this 'liquidation' pricing. Also, when you find items with 'good' sticker pricing on them, don't expect them to ring up that way... My opinion, stay away.
Banned
Sep 16, 2010
843 posts
74 upvotes
GTA
i found the one here in the falls has messed up pricing. for instance, the dvd's are low for the more "bargain bin" ones... about $2 - $4, but other stuff they seem to have raised the sticker price by 30% so that when you see a sign that says the item is now 20% - 30% off it's really the original selling price.

the only ones that are really getting any discount if that are the seniors, and only on seniors day. it will be like any other store that goes out of business... you won't see drastic price drops until the last week the store is around. until then the most you will probably see is about 30% if that and only on stuff you really don't need.
× < >