Computers & Electronics

Was wondering if this comp would be enough to run Diablo 3?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 5th, 2010 11:39 am
Tags:
None
Jul 2, 2010
4 posts
scarborough

Was wondering if this comp would be enough to run Diablo 3?

Hi, I'm quite an enthusiastic gamer, and am looking forward to Diablo 3. Lately I've been searching to buy a computer, and don't know much about them to be honest. I've been looking at Dell computers, and the Vostro 430 Mini Tower stood out to me. Could anyone tell me if the Vostro 430 Mini Tower would be able to run Diablo 3 smoothly?

It's video card is a
Video Card

* NVIDIA G310 GeForce®

and it's processor is

* Intel® CoreTM i3 530 (2.93GHz/-1Mhz FSB/4MB cache

Also, can anyone tell me the difference between the i3 original starting processor and the following, would they enhance the performance of the comp. alot if i choose to upgrade the processor?

Intel® Core™ i5-750 w/VT (2.66GHz 8MB L3 Cache)

Intel® Core™ i7-870 w/VT (2.93GHz 8MB L3 Cache)

the i5 costs 110$ more and the i7 costs 470$ more X_X

Here is a link to more information about the Vostro 430 Mini Tower. I'm also planning on getting a 20 inch monitor.

http://www1.dell.com/ca/business/p/vost ... AndReviews

At the middle of the page for this link go to tech specs, you're currently at customer ratings.

Here's another link as to where the comp. can be customized.. if any of you think i should upgrade certain parts let me know.

http://configure.dell.com/dellstore/con ... vostro-430

On a side note, if anyone has a better suggestion for a computer that is better for it's cost than this one (579$ excluding monitor, speaker, and modem) feel free to suggest it to me, i would greatly appreciate it.

Any help is appreciated, thanks
10 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 14, 2005
18176 posts
345 upvotes
Richmond
Moved from "Hot Deals" to "Computers & Electronics".
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
3541 posts
3864 upvotes
Montreal
when is this game coming out?
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2006
2865 posts
296 upvotes
Toronto
There's no specs out for D3 and no release date in sight, not even any rumored release dates. It's a bad idea to buy a computer now for a game that will come out in over a year.

However, if you really must buy one now you'll need a better video card. The geforce 310 won't be able to run any 3D games with a respectable FPS.

Regarding the Intel processors, aside from the ghz differences:
i3-530, lga1156 socket, dual core, w/ hyperthreading
i5-750, lga1156 socket, quad core, w/o hyperthreading
i7-870, lga1156 socket, quad core w/ hyperthreading
Deal Fanatic
May 4, 2007
6903 posts
261 upvotes
danzerino wrote: when is this game coming out?
oh boy, who knows?

2years back I got the gf prepd... said "Love, Im sorry but you may not see me much anymore...see theres this game coming out................ here learn how to play diablo and ull see me"

Then I went hunting for D2 LOD for her

wow Nerd Alert.
[external advertising and solicitation in signature is not allowed]
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2007
2921 posts
78 upvotes
no offense but if you're a true enthusiast gamer, I wouldn't even go near a dell. Their cases look like crap and their components are just not upgradeable (once you've made your purchase) due to special designs.

With regards with D3, I would expect Blizzard to support a wide set of computer hardware (they are known for that) so with the specs you've listed above, everything is fine except for the graphics card. You would need at least a GT340 to perform decently on a 20: monitor.
My Feedbacks: My Heatware Ebay
Jul 2, 2010
4 posts
scarborough
Hello- wrote: There's no specs out for D3 and no release date in sight, not even any rumored release dates. It's a bad idea to buy a computer now for a game that will come out in over a year.

However, if you really must buy one now you'll need a better video card. The geforce 310 won't be able to run any 3D games with a respectable FPS.

Regarding the Intel processors, aside from the ghz differences:
i3-530, lga1156 socket, dual core, w/ hyperthreading
i5-750, lga1156 socket, quad core, w/o hyperthreading
i7-870, lga1156 socket, quad core w/ hyperthreading

for the i5 processor does the quad core compensate for the lack of hyperthreading in regards to the i3 processor that has dual core?

does it make a huge difference... is the quad core worth 110$ more without the hyperthreading?
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
23188 posts
2327 upvotes
Singapore
OP, if you just want a computer that's capable of running D3, then you're better off waiting until the game comes out before buying the computer specifically for it. We still don't know what the technical requirement for the game is. Having said that, any i5 processor with a decent graphic card like a Radeon 5770 should be able to run it smoothly. I doubt D3 will be a very resource-intensive game.
Banned
Jun 19, 2010
791 posts
139 upvotes
OnTheRFDPlace
Blizzard games traditionally work very well on low end gear as they want to target as many people as possible.

I gave a friend of mine a SC2 beta key, he's got a NVIDIA 6600GT, and it played the game fine on medium settings on 1200xresolution, or 1600x on low resolutions.

That card also plays World of Warcraft smoothly.

Whatever you have, it'll run smoothly, it just may not be at the maximum settings obviously.

So don't worry about it.
Hurley, Hurley Bernard!
!
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2004
1120 posts
85 upvotes
hurley_bernard wrote: Blizzard games traditionally work very well on low end gear as they want to target as many people as possible.

I gave a friend of mine a SC2 beta key, he's got a NVIDIA 6600GT, and it played the game fine on medium settings on 1200xresolution, or 1600x on low resolutions.

That card also plays World of Warcraft smoothly.

Whatever you have, it'll run smoothly, it just may not be at the maximum settings obviously.

So don't worry about it.
This is being too optimistic :) , 6600GT will NOT run SC2 in medium 'fine'. It would be a bit choppy, unless you are fine with that I guess. I had to run the game on Low settings on a 7800GT.

Then I went out and got a i7-930 + 5850 , on ultra settings the game still lags in intense battles.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)