• Last Updated:
  • Jul 14th, 2017 4:57 pm
[OP]
Feb 3, 2015
841 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto

Woodbridge park towns

Anyone interested in this community. Around kipling and steeles area. Not quite Woodbridge but close enough (borderline). It's being built by Sierra. Should I consider?
182 replies
Penalty Box
Aug 3, 2006
192 posts
32 upvotes
Arviat
all depends on your budget and what you are looking for, that area is close to the Abion mall which is considered to be rough.
(I live in woodbridge)
JohnS821 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2017 11:48 pm
Anyone interested in this community. Around kipling and steeles area. Not quite Woodbridge but close enough (borderline). It's being built by Sierra. Should I consider?
[OP]
Feb 3, 2015
841 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto
I passed by the other day it's actually across a rough area. I was thinking this is not Woodbridge. Why are they trying to use "Woodbridge" as a selling point? But it really is Woodbridge territory. Chances are prices will be ridiculous. Starting in the 400s. More like 499 plus.
Nov 13, 2013
241 posts
62 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Apologies to bump this thread. I heard they will open registrations starting March 16 and prices start upper $500's. So a decent Town(Park town) will be arouns upper $600. Is it wroth for that area?? Didnt find much information on the builder as well on the internet. Not sure if this will be a project to buy our first home.
[OP]
Feb 3, 2015
841 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto
We were thinking the same thing. Area is not the best. Towns don't look that great. We are thinking to sit on our money and wait this out. But we are still going to see what their price structure is. If it's 45k or 65k down?
Aug 26, 2014
125 posts
52 upvotes
Markham, ON
ClarkMan wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 11:55 am
Apologies to bump this thread. I heard they will open registrations starting March 16 and prices start upper $500's. So a decent Town(Park town) will be arouns upper $600. Is it wroth for that area?? Didnt find much information on the builder as well on the internet. Not sure if this will be a project to buy our first home.
Wow, 600k for a townhouse in Albion/Rexdale area? That's crazy. In comparison, a condo with 1 bedroom at Jane/Finch goes for about 72k, a 3 bedroom townhouse goes for $120k. Those 2 areas are comparable. Being close to Woodbridge is not convincing enough to warrant the price.

A townhouse in Woodbridge nowadays costs anywhere from 650k to $850 in some cases.
Mar 13, 2017
2 posts
Nuts good buy or bad buy?

It's by Steeles and Kipling.

Opening March 23.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2010
7745 posts
676 upvotes
Slum new houses trying to sell as premium Woodbridge price?
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
38203 posts
8284 upvotes
CCHunter wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 8:03 pm
Wow, 600k for a townhouse in Albion/Rexdale area? That's crazy. In comparison, a condo with 1 bedroom at Jane/Finch goes for about 72k, a 3 bedroom townhouse goes for $120k. Those 2 areas are comparable. Being close to Woodbridge is not convincing enough to warrant the price.

A townhouse in Woodbridge nowadays costs anywhere from 650k to $850 in some cases.
Wow, it's so cheap at Jane/Finch. Is it really a rough neighborhood?
Dec 18, 2016
24 posts
7 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote:
Mar 14th, 2017 5:15 pm
Wow, it's so cheap at Jane/Finch. Is it really a rough neighborhood?
Alot of those "condo" have alot of issues and are just glorified apartment high rises. A detached from the Jane/finch intersection is pushing 700k these days.
[OP]
Feb 3, 2015
841 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto
Builder trying to make a quick buck.... But raising it to 500k . It's in a pretty crappy place but new builds are so rare in the area that we gotta take what we get. I will be going to see what they offer and what downpayment plan they need and will post here after march 23.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2007
1509 posts
209 upvotes
Toronto
Kipling and Steeles was rough in the 80's but when those apartments started being build on the South side it got worst.

Kipling and Hwy7 is a better area and if you don't mind an older home there are some further north before it turns to Langstaff Rd.

Older row town homes that were very spacious on deep lots are a great investment.

Cheers!
Thread started in 2016 - 1927 fully gutted and renovated 2 storey detached home in the big T.O. - small projects still in progress.

RFD priceless!
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
1510 posts
218 upvotes
I currently live in this area and it's definitely not fantastic. The proximity to the apartment's on Kipling scares me. I've heard so many drug stories about those buildings. These were announced at 300k and now the builder is just taking advantage of the current market. This area has significantly changed in the past 20 years.
[OP]
Feb 3, 2015
841 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto
Sadly, I know it's not worth 500k. So buying it would make me have regrets especially if the market tanks. I hope nobody buys. Wishful thinking. Lol. La viva not far away is having there same issue where they cannot sell townsuite for over 500k