Real Estate

Woodbridge park towns

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 4th, 2017 10:01 pm
May 13, 2017
5 posts
Hello,

I am very happy with buying this townhouse so what if they want 25% instead of 20% which they will work on with you at closing as the previous happy buyer had noted . They do cap all the major things which your lawyer will point out so either you are not going to a lawyer and complaining or you never had a chance to buy . There is nothing to complain about if you have read the contract properly and every time I speak to a sales rep they are pleasant and very nice at the office so not sure why people are saying they are not . And so what if they still had homes to sell this weekend atleast others will have a chance to buy and be happy I am not worried about anything . Stop being negative .
Mar 25, 2017
207 posts
102 upvotes
If you are looking for similar projects there are two more projects coming around the area.

1. Belmont Towns(http://belmonttowns.com/) at Islington and Muir Avenue/Milwick RD)
2. Sw X living(http://swxliving.com/) at Islington and Steeles

Belmont is starting at at $700,000+ and not sure about SWXlving. None of them have backyards however.
Last edited by worldpositive on May 14th, 2017 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 13, 2017
17 posts
3 upvotes
We just made the purchase yesterday for the back to back town and we're excited but after reading this thread m not so sure. I feel like I should just go and cancel the deal...I'm not an expert at these agreements but am guessing the things ll you have mentioned here any the agreement are crucial.

My question is has ANYONE been happy with the project and decided to keep it other than worldpositive and maybe one other person on this forum?
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2007
4751 posts
2791 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
Going to be interesting to see how this all plays out. Here we are a month later and the market has rapidly changed.

So is there anyone on here that stayed in? It will be interesting to see if all the pre con book a house flippers stop with all their nonsense at new build releases. With new builds priced so high, and decent product now coming to the resale market without the need for bidding wars. Real buyers now are getting some choice.

It is funny however, that when buyers finally get a more balanced market, and ability to make decisions after giving it some thought they all get cold feet. But when it's insane and no choice, bidding wars it's all "me need house now, any cost". Herd mentality.

Also what will be interesting is if there will be "down rounds" where the newer release needs lower prices vs the prior release to get interest. This will cause many people anxiety. Bookmark this. Let's see how this plays out.
Nov 13, 2013
297 posts
79 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
You hear market is rapidly changing and bidding wars are coming to an end, but it doesnt look like in reality. MY friend brought a semi in Mississauga(near Erin Mills) for $800k. This house was listed for $680 and there were 11 buyers that were willing to get into bidding war. I was with my friend last weekend when he made the offer.

I wish bidding wars come to an end and market to stabilize a bit, but atleast as of now, thats not the case.... you still have a lot of ppl in the market ready to buy :(
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2002
1006 posts
322 upvotes
ClarkMan wrote:
May 15th, 2017 11:43 am
You hear market is rapidly changing and bidding wars are coming to an end, but it doesnt look like in reality. MY friend brought a semi in Mississauga(near Erin Mills) for $800k. This house was listed for $680 and there were 11 buyers that were willing to get into bidding war. I was with my friend last weekend when he made the offer.

I wish bidding wars come to an end and market to stabilize a bit, but atleast as of now, thats not the case.... you still have a lot of ppl in the market ready to buy :(
to provide a wider scope. the same semi in the churchill meadows area goes sitting unsold (no offers) for over a month.
the market is acting very bipolar (hot and cold) areas at the moment.
May 13, 2017
17 posts
3 upvotes
I feel a bit better after reading ur post. We booked this weekend a back to back for 595K. I am suppose to go to the lawyer soon and talk by getting all fees capped.

I am not an expert on these documents but some stuff people mentioned sounded very negative like damage to property etc

Also... if u don't mind me asking are u a first time buyer or upsizing? I feel like a lot of the first time buyers might be the ones to back out cuz it honestly is a really big commitment so it is understandvale
Mar 25, 2017
207 posts
102 upvotes
Zoey101 wrote:
May 15th, 2017 2:51 pm
I feel a bit better after reading ur post. We booked this weekend a back to back for 595K. I am suppose to go to the lawyer soon and talk by getting all fees capped.

I am not an expert on these documents but some stuff people mentioned sounded very negative like damage to property etc

Also... if u don't mind me asking are u a first time buyer or upsizing? I feel like a lot of the first time buyers might be the ones to back out cuz it honestly is a really big commitment so it is understandvale

You need to watch this documentary.
http://www.cbc.ca/doczone/episodes/the-condo-game

The laws are in favour of builders, everything you see in the brochure can be altered. You might pay premium for an end unit, but the builder can later build another plaza right beside your unit and there is nothing you can do about a 24/7 Tim Hortons opening up. Some of the townhomes have 3 balconies, they can take away 2 of them and there is nothing you can do about them either. If you are okay with getting a final product that is loosely some what like what you saw in the brochure then you should be fine. The agreements are written in a complicated way that even some lawyers have hard time understanding them. Your heater is rental, your water tank and AC is rental as well. If there is a water damage, you are responsible and not the builder. There are few sneaky clause that you have to be aware of. The townhomes won't be ready by 2018 November, I guarantee you that. You are looking at at least 2019 April and I managed to get that out of the builder's mouth. About 45 trains go pass behind those homes everyday, you can e-mail CN Railway to confirm. If you are happy with the price you paid for your house then don't worry about what others are saying, just go read over with a reliable lawyer. If he doesn't spend at least an hour going over everything then he/she isn't a good lawyer. Spend another couple of hundred dollars and read over with another lawyer. He'll explain the clauses to you, you email the builder (NOT THEIR LAWYER) to adjust things such as 25% down payment requirement, capping levies(19. D,P,Q and R) and whatever you are not happy with. The builder will reply with adjustments and then you can make a decision based on your satisfaction level. Always take advice from everyone but never make your decision based on other's opinion. You should make your own decision and never regret your choice afterwards. You take responsibility for your own actions.
Jul 22, 2009
49 posts
64 upvotes
Vaughan
ClarkMan wrote:
May 12th, 2017 9:45 am
Seems like you are the only one who is very happy about this purchase and have all information from builder in hand.

May builder got to know about this thread and his well-wishers are rising from nowhere to add +ve reviews, may be!
Ya it is very strange that these people with super positive things to say about this project are all new members with only 1 post. Suspicious indeed.
May 13, 2017
17 posts
3 upvotes
It is a big decision that's why its so scary. I am not sure but do all builders have such 'sneaky clauses?' Also, from what I was told about the townhouses being built...we were given the date of august 2019 -- which I am fine with. I am also aware of the train tracks and I actually purchased away from the tracks..hoping it will make somewhat of a difference.

But the fact that I am being offered for example abalcony on the layout and not receiving it in the actual product is unsettling...but I am aware that a lot of things are promised nd do not happen...my brother just bought from the builders and he used to go check up on his site every week or so and he noticed that they were putting things that he requested to be changed so he went back to them and made sure they took care of that but obviously nothing is 100% as there are always some thinngs that wont be exactly as promised...I think that's for every builder not just Sierra group.

Also, something about the deposit money was mentioned that it is being deposited into builders account or something? I cant remember exactly what it was but whatever it was...is it a bad thing? what did your lawyer say??

I think the best thing to do is actually buy a resale home because you actually get to physically see it but sadly budgeting at the moment does not allow for that.

I have been following your posts and you seem to have decided to stay with them...was it the 25% down payment clause removed that made you stay or the fact that you have been offered the assignment clause?
worldpositive wrote:
May 15th, 2017 7:47 pm
You need to watch this documentary.
http://www.cbc.ca/doczone/episodes/the-condo-game

The laws are in favour of builders, everything you see in the brochure can be altered. You might pay premium for an end unit, but the builder can later build another plaza right beside your unit and there is nothing you can do about a 24/7 Tim Hortons opening up. Some of the townhomes have 3 balconies, they can take away 2 of them and there is nothing you can do about them either. If you are okay with getting a final product that is loosely some what like what you saw in the brochure then you should be fine. The agreements are written in a complicated way that even some lawyers have hard time understanding them. Your heater is rental, your water tank and AC is rental as well. If there is a water damage, you are responsible and not the builder. There are few sneaky clause that you have to be aware of. The townhomes won't be ready by 2018 November, I guarantee you that. You are looking at at least 2019 April and I managed to get that out of the builder's mouth. About 45 trains go pass behind those homes everyday, you can e-mail CN Railway to confirm. If you are happy with the price you paid for your house then don't worry about what others are saying, just go read over with a reliable lawyer. If he doesn't spend at least an hour going over everything then he/she isn't a good lawyer. Spend another couple of hundred dollars and read over with another lawyer. He'll explain the clauses to you, you email the builder (NOT THEIR LAWYER) to adjust things such as 25% down payment requirement, capping levies(19. D,P,Q and R) and whatever you are not happy with. The builder will reply with adjustments and then you can make a decision based on your satisfaction level. Always take advice from everyone but never make your decision based on other's opinion. You should make your own decision and never regret your choice afterwards. You take responsibility for your own actions.
May 13, 2017
5 posts
Builder said 2019 why is everyone afraid of a 25% down payment u already put a big amount of money in anyways you will be able to close at 20% yes balconies will be there this forum is a joke clearly people are getting nervous to buy cause of this forum
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
4485 posts
2215 upvotes
Jaja11 wrote:
May 15th, 2017 8:55 pm
Builder said 2019 why is everyone afraid of a 25% down payment u already put a big amount of money in anyways you will be able to close at 20% yes balconies will be there this forum is a joke clearly people are getting nervous to buy cause of this forum
Lots of priced out renters or people living in parents basement who are dying to move out but dont have good enough job to do so.
May 13, 2017
17 posts
3 upvotes
That's a very good point you raise
chewy101 wrote:
May 15th, 2017 8:07 pm
Ya it is very strange that these people with super positive things to say about this project are all new members with only 1 post. Suspicious indeed.
May 13, 2017
17 posts
3 upvotes
You are right...this forum is making me apprehensive. I am not worried about the 25% down payment, I just don't know what the occupancy thing will be like if it takes place (the paying of rent until property is registered) and if that were to happen, how long would that go for?
Jaja11 wrote:
May 15th, 2017 8:55 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
4485 posts
2215 upvotes
Zoey101 wrote:
May 15th, 2017 9:19 pm
You are right...this forum is making me apprehensive. I am not worried about the 25% down payment, I just don't know what the occupancy thing will be like if it takes place (the paying of rent until property is registered) and if that were to happen, how long would that go for?
Most of the haters are probably college grads who couldnt get good jobs and think they deserves an estate on Bridle Path.