• Jan 3rd, 2014 12:01 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
219 upvotes
Surrey
scooby103 wrote: And the amount of time it took you to craft the 2 responses you could have read it.
Nah…the two responses were about 30 seconds in total. 45 including this one. From what I read, it's a long winded, disjointed post. I'm not missing much, and neither is Dell, I suspect.
Alan lost his fight against cancer at just 5 years, 2 months old. I'm riding to Conquer Cancer, in memory of Alan.
Please donate toward my fundraising efforts and support research into childhood cancers.
Simply scan my avatar to go straight to the donation page!
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
iamnotamerican.com wrote: Nah…the two responses were about 30 seconds in total. 45 including this one. From what I read, it's a long winded, disjointed post. I'm not missing much, and neither is Dell, I suspect.
Did you account for the time you took to read his repsonse? ,stop being so argumentative. I read his blog post and agree its damn everywhere but its clear you are only interested in this pissing match and his battle with dell is not even on the agenda.

Let the thread die maybe be will make a shorter thread/rant.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
219 upvotes
Surrey
Supercooled wrote: Did you account for the time you took to read his repsonse? ,stop being so argumentative. I read his blog post and agree its damn everywhere but its clear you are only interested in this pissing match and his battle with dell is not even on the agenda.
No pissing match. I was simply pointing out - as many others have done - that he would have been far more effective if he had (gasp) posted details of his challenges here. As for the time to read his response…okay…one minute. There you go. :-)

Have an awesome new year.
Alan lost his fight against cancer at just 5 years, 2 months old. I'm riding to Conquer Cancer, in memory of Alan.
Please donate toward my fundraising efforts and support research into childhood cancers.
Jan 6, 2012
23 posts
AYLMER
Like the post or not, doesn't matter. Here are some facts:

- over 50 views a day. Not going to destroy the internet with insane bandwidth or anything, but pointed fact.
- Have been contacted by a "Senior Manager" at Dell, so we can work through this. It has been noted that this has been handled exceedingly poor, and that steps will be made to correct this.
- I have also been contacted by media in both Toronto and Ottawa asking about more information. Neither are national sources, but should help out regionally.
- I have received a bunch of thank you emails, as well as others sharing similar stories of frustration. There is now talk of a larger, more concerted effort.
- 28% of the people who have visited the site and have used the poll have thanked me for the feedback as they will look elsewhere for purchasing.

So, if you don't want to take the time to read the info, no worries. The point is that things can be done to use social media for more than pictures of kittens or berating people because they don't do things your way (or don't live in St. John's I guess).

As the progress of this continues, I will post the other media outlets and the continued responses from Dell, who I have made aware I will post for others to view.

Want to know what happens, follow the thread. Don't want to, as others have said ignore it. It doesn't matter to me. Internet karma is not something I'm after.

All the best in the new year.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13811 posts
2516 upvotes
When you bought the item at Future Shop, you should've just cancelled your order with Dell, 'cuz Dell told you that they did not know when they would get any in stock since it was backordered. Instead, you were tempted by the offer of a Dell discount that customer service offered you. As time went by, your frustration grew, and you felt entitled to more compensation from Dell. All the while, you could've just bought the 2nd item from Future Shop.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
scooby103 wrote: - over 50 views a day. Not going to destroy the internet with insane bandwidth or anything, but pointed fact.
I bet most of those views are "oh wow this is a wall of text." *close*
That's what I did.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
219 upvotes
Surrey
scooby103 wrote: Like the post or not, doesn't matter. Here are some facts:

- over 50 views a day. Not going to destroy the internet with insane bandwidth or anything, but pointed fact.
…and this thread has had close to 1000 views in the same timeframe…almost 500% more than your little bloggy thing. As for being berated, from my perspective, I was simply giving feedback. Your message would have been far more effective had you posted here. You can do whatever you want, of course.

Happy Friday.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)