• Oct 18th, 2015 10:26 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
1407 posts
146 upvotes
Edmonton
Does anyone know what the recruitment process is like once you submit your resume online?
Nov 21, 2007
18 posts
Calgary
Im also curious to know the deals for a P/T Staff.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2005
6773 posts
270 upvotes
Ottawa
haha this reminds me of when my sister was looking for a retail job. Her first job too. Her rationale, which I think was amazing for a 16 year old kid, was to find a store that will hire her with the best discount for stuff she wanted the most!! haha she was like "if I have to make minimum wage I better get some benefits to this".
[OP]
Oct 22, 2007
143 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
So is it really hard to get into HR? I hear it s great company to work for but what are the benefits or even the pay? Or just the work environemnt overall?
Feb 3, 2005
957 posts
JTN416 wrote:
May 5th, 2008 9:02 pm
i work f/t, and i get 10.50/hour, not sure about the f/t salaried staff you're talking about..
really? don't you get commission?

I know someone with a fashion diploma from a college that wants to work there as a personal shopper. Haven't heard back though.
[OP]
Oct 22, 2007
143 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
I hear mixed things like they do work on comission and then they don't. I also heard pay starts at $12-14.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 12, 2003
7793 posts
36 upvotes
12-14 is around the range

50% of everything except LV. I believe it's 25% off LV.
33% off cosmetics and sale items (includes Last Call HR)

benefits SUCK

but really.. it depends on what dept you are working in.. if you work in shoes.. I beleive you get lower pay.. but 9-10% commission.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2007
1431 posts
8 upvotes
What is the minimum hours that you need to pull per month as a part-timer in order to get employee discounts?

Howabout Rogers video? If I only need to work 1 hr per month to get these store deals, then I will just find a job at Holt Renfrew, Staples and Rogers Video and hide all of the stocks. I spent my time on this forum looking for those kind of deals anyways.
May 26, 2006
861 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
Takami wrote:
Jan 22nd, 2009 2:13 pm
What is the minimum hours that you need to pull per month as a part-timer in order to get employee discounts?

Howabout Rogers video? If I only need to work 1 hr per month to get these store deals, then I will just find a job at Holt Renfrew, Staples and Rogers Video and hide all of the stocks. I spent my time on this forum looking for those kind of deals anyways.
Ummmmm I'm pretty sure those stores aren't interested in hiring employees that only want to work one hour a month……especially if they spend that one hour hiding stock.
Jun 6, 2007
903 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
do they hire casual part-time... :D
i dont mind working 5-10hrs there a week just to take advantage of the 50% off.
they already have enough of my money from my crazy shoe collection....

do they hire casual part-time?

olddog
Stumbled upon RFD by mistake, best mistake of my internet life i must say...... :D
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2004
1455 posts
30 upvotes
GTA
Gmas wrote:
Jan 22nd, 2009 4:22 pm
Ummmmm I'm pretty sure those stores aren't interested in hiring employees that only want to work one hour a month……especially if they spend that one hour hiding stock.
:lol: I LOL'd
[OP]
Oct 22, 2007
143 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
I heard on another forum that they only give the 50% discount to FULL-TIME employees. Part time or seasonal either don't get any or get a smaller percentage after a probation period.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 12, 2003
7793 posts
36 upvotes
Holt Renfrew takes pride in hiring people that want their discount..

it's actually smart to offer up a great discount package so whatever they pay out in salary usually comes back when their own employees shop for goods
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2007
1140 posts
35 upvotes
olddog wrote:
Jan 22nd, 2009 11:11 pm
do they hire casual part-time... :D
i dont mind working 5-10hrs there a week just to take advantage of the 50% off.
they already have enough of my money from my crazy shoe collection....

do they hire casual part-time?

olddog
I've worked in many retail stores through high school/uni. Most retail stores don't hire "casual part time staff" these days. And also no retail store will hire someone with 5-10 hrs. availability unless you've work at the store long enough to reduce you're hours. At least 15hrs. is a standard minimum. There is seasonal hires but still at least a 15 hr. committal.

My cousin's girlfriend works at Holt Renfrew part time and she's commissioned in cosmetics. Not sure how much commission though but a lot less than what you make at MAC.
Nov 2, 2008
151 posts
10 upvotes
i heard that there is one day a year where employees get mad discounts on stuff like over 70%. is this true?? I don't know how employees can afford to buy their stuff even with the discount..i mean $10..i thought they would get paid more than that...way more than $10.
× < >