Sports & Recreation

World Cup thread Russia 18!!!

Aug 31, 2017
713 posts
176 upvotes
lamboman wrote:
Jul 3rd, 2018 8:24 am
Why can't NBA be this exciting? I mean I'd rather see new faces and teams advance to the finals. Thank god LeBron went to LA! But let's get back on Fifa.

The most highly rated teams are out; Germany, Argentina, Portugal, and Spain. So who are you guys all rooting for?
It's the pace of the game. No timeouts, the game just starts and ends on time.
Aug 31, 2017
713 posts
176 upvotes
onlineharvest wrote:
Jul 3rd, 2018 8:55 am
There was hardly any pressure and you can see he didn’t put his weight into the step. It was obviously born out of exasperation with his antics, just like when he was picked up from the ground like a toddler by another player.

Neymar actually responded as if he just triggered a landmine. The last thing that clown needs is to be further reinforced by having players penalized.
I think the real cringeworthy part is when he went back on to the field just a couple of minutes later. If he stayed off for the remainder of the game, sure. But optics were terrible. It still didn't sully the sport for me like the soccer haters out there, but it was a terrible look for the sport.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2013
1540 posts
426 upvotes
Winnipeg
I think one of the reasons FIFA WC is so popular is because there are so many knockout games. League is altogether a different ballgame where you know teams are not going anywhere. Even with NHL, there are 7 games in the playoffs. Of course its for the commercial reasons and all that.

FIFA WC comes once in 4 years, one foul+penalty+goal and all your prep and practice goes for a toss and your campaign ends just like that...poof !!! Sometimes I feel its cruel, because teams can have a bad day like what Brazil encountered in the semi-final last WC. But it is what it is, and thats what creates the drama.....its like GoT live if you will....Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. -- Douglas Adams
Sep 30, 2001
26926 posts
5915 upvotes
Toronto
For this round i'm cheering for:
France
Belgium
Croatia
England
Don't talk about it, be about it
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
1000 posts
351 upvotes
Toronto, ON
MyNameWasTaken wrote:
Jul 4th, 2018 4:21 pm
It's the pace of the game. No timeouts, the game just starts and ends on time.
Well that’s not what I meant tho. I meant it’s boring seeing only two elite teams in the top finals all the time. But now I believe since lebron has gone to lakers the east is anybodies game. And next nba season we should see a different kind of finals.
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Aug 31, 2017
713 posts
176 upvotes
lamboman wrote:
Jul 4th, 2018 8:37 pm
Well that’s not what I meant tho. I meant it’s boring seeing only two elite teams in the top finals all the time. But now I believe since lebron has gone to lakers the east is anybodies game. And next nba season we should see a different kind of finals.
Not really when all the other teams play like crap. I don't blame Warriors or Cavs. No reason why Raptors shouldn't have been in the finals.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
18804 posts
2064 upvotes
Montreal
MrDisco wrote:
Jul 4th, 2018 4:47 pm
For this round i'm cheering for:
France
Belgium
Croatia
England
Very well. Then I will cheer for Uruguay, Sweden and Brazil!
Sep 30, 2001
26926 posts
5915 upvotes
Toronto
mr_raider wrote:
Jul 5th, 2018 3:15 pm
Very well. Then I will cheer for Uruguay, Sweden and Brazil!
may the country with the best beer win
Don't talk about it, be about it
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
1000 posts
351 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Just imagine if India was to be in the World Cup! Brampton would go bizarre,,
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Jul 4, 2018
20 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
Brazil and Belgium should be a good one . Any predictions on how long Neymar rolls around on the pitch today?
I am a licensed Mortgage Broker in the Vancouver / Lower Mainland area. Please feel free to DM me anytime you have any questions in my area of expertise. Also am always up for some hockey talk as well!
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2704 posts
723 upvotes
Global Village
This Belgium team looks so skilled! They're like the Brazil of Europe, I'm rooting for them. They just have to keep attacking like they're down, best defense is offense against this Brazil team.
All day I dream about sports
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2013
1540 posts
426 upvotes
Winnipeg
This is a quote for someone else, but tonight if I can borrow it, I'll have to say -

75% of the earth is covered by water and the rest is by Thibaut Courtois

He is my man of the match, the reason why Belgium is in the semis. Brilliant goalkeeping throughout the match.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. -- Douglas Adams

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)