Sports & Recreation

World Cup thread Russia 18!!!

Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
7629 posts
2008 upvotes
Toronto
no more acting lessons from jr? shame. oh well, we'll always have this to remember his contribution to this wc
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2015
1819 posts
582 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
I'm not disappointed to see Brazil out, as well as the other South American teams. Their style of play finally caught up with them. Someone could have hacked down Neymar in the box and they wouldn't have been called. The refs don't believe that bum anymore.
Brazil probably has the most talented players of this World Cup, but they were not the best team. I hope this is the last time we see Neymar.

As for this game, wow, what a nail biter. The Brazilian defence definitely showed It's weaknesses and on occasion Belgium exploited them. In the end, the better team won.

Good one coming up tomorrow, England vs Sweden and then Russia vs Croatia.
Diversity is Our Burden
Deal Addict
May 16, 2005
2730 posts
133 upvotes
If you have a futures bet with Vegas at 7-1 on France, with a 'sizable' return. (In the 4 digits). When do you start thinking of hedging on this bet?
at the final 4? Hedge bet on all 3 remaining semi-finalist? or wait it out and see if France wins against Belgium?
Jul 4, 2018
44 posts
5 upvotes
Vancouver
commie wrote:
Jul 6th, 2018 7:02 pm
If you have a futures bet with Vegas at 7-1 on France, with a 'sizable' return. (In the 4 digits). When do you start thinking of hedging on this bet?
at the final 4? Hedge bet on all 3 remaining semi-finalist? or wait it out and see if France wins against Belgium?
depends on your confidence level in France....if it were me I would let it ride. If you do want to start hedging though... the advantage you have is that France are favs against Belgium and should they advance will surely be favs against anyone on the other side so its not like you are going to have to lay any extra juice.
I am a licensed Mortgage Broker in the Vancouver / Lower Mainland area. Please feel free to DM me anytime you have any questions in my area of expertise. Also am always up for some hockey talk as well!
Jun 2, 2017
152 posts
25 upvotes
Neymar rolled himself and Brazil out of the world cup. Literally.

Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
7926 posts
1492 upvotes
Ontario
First ever World Cup without Argentina, Brazil or Germany in the semis
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
2186 posts
609 upvotes
amitdi wrote:
Jul 6th, 2018 4:07 pm
This is a quote for someone else, but tonight if I can borrow it, I'll have to say -

75% of the earth is covered by water and the rest is by Thibaut Courtois

He is my man of the match, the reason why Belgium is in the semis. Brilliant goalkeeping throughout the match.

Seriously. Him and Lloris are the men of the tournament.
Aug 22, 2010
152 posts
49 upvotes
Winner of the France vs Belgium game takes the World Cup.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
5076 posts
497 upvotes
Scarborough
Hoping for a Sweden win as well as Russian win!
Go mother Russia beat the Croatians and send em home
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
2186 posts
609 upvotes
apnayloags wrote:
Jul 7th, 2018 9:44 am
Hoping for a Sweden win as well as Russian win!
Go mother Russia beat the Croatians and send em home
I thought we were going to have a Uruguay - Croatia final, but anything can happen in this tournament.
Last edited by unshavenyak on Jul 7th, 2018 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 30, 2001
27164 posts
6139 upvotes
Toronto
Woo England!
Don't talk about it, be about it