Sports & Recreation

World Cup thread Russia 18!!!

Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2015
1693 posts
514 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
Well that was an easy game for the ref. I'm sure half the time he blew the whistle it wasn't even necessary.
I've really enjoyed watching the English on offense. When they attack you can just feel the build up.

Next up, Russia vs Croatia. There will definitely be more emotion in this game.
Diversity is Our Burden
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
1981 posts
530 upvotes
I'm still wondering who approved the Croatia away kit. With all the controversy surrounding their team, why pick a uniform that invites comparisons to the Crna Legija?
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2015
1693 posts
514 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
Russia strikes first and the vodka is starting to flow.
As for the Croatian team, listening to the announcer it sounds like every player is an itch.
Diversity is Our Burden
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
1981 posts
530 upvotes
poleman wrote:
Jul 7th, 2018 2:36 pm
Russia strikes first and the vodka is starting to flow.
As for the Croatian team, listening to the announcer it sounds like every player is an itch.
It's no different than Italian names ending in 'i' or many Russian names ending in 'ov'.
Penalty Box
Dec 20, 2015
1216 posts
472 upvotes
Toronto, ON
France VS England Final, but Belgium does look like a strong team. I kind of don't have faith in Croatia against England.
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2013
1651 posts
487 upvotes
Winnipeg
lamboman wrote:
Jul 9th, 2018 10:17 am
France VS England Final, but Belgium does look like a strong team. I kind of don't have faith in Croatia against England.
Belgium is ranked 3rd, well above France who is 7th. Belgium has already beaten Japan in a dramatic comeback where they had to handle immense pressure and they have experience with a coordinated attack in the final minute of the game. They have beaten Brazil which is ranked 2nd.

Of course, we are at a stage where rankings and past performances do not matter. But I'd love to see Belgium hold the cup. But somehow have an intuition that Kane is going to hold the cup this year.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. -- Douglas Adams
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2005
2260 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto, ON
France or England being in the finals would be the best!
Heatware (6-0-0)

FS:
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
3444 posts
366 upvotes
PSiBeR wrote:
Jul 9th, 2018 11:37 pm
France or England being in the finals would be the best!
Yes! But if it is England vs Belgium, the UK media will have a field day and frame it as Brexit vs the EU.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2013
1651 posts
487 upvotes
Winnipeg
Belgium did not play badly to deserve a loss, but congratulations to the French...looking forward to an action packed final.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. -- Douglas Adams