Sports & Recreation

World Cup thread Russia 18!!!

Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2015
1816 posts
578 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
Looks like the Lions were sleeping.
Terrible performance by England from half time onwards.
Diversity is Our Burden
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
19707 posts
8287 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Now that I actually want Croatia to win

Final score of the finals will be 3-0 France
deleted to keep the site family friendly. Was about copping sick fadez.
Well there's no sick fadez left to be copped now that the regimen cannot be admired in all its glory
RIP sick fadez.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
7907 posts
1460 upvotes
Ontario
unshavenyak wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 2:41 pm
So many uniformed opinions. Defense wins. Every time. The Croats are found out.
Defence wins every time you say? ;)
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2013
1685 posts
494 upvotes
Winnipeg
scoper wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 4:28 pm
Ever since the equalizer this Croatia team has been much more aggressive, controlling of possessions. Instead of going all d. They are going to the finals!
SlimCharlesRFD wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 4:35 pm
Funny, I was just texting something similar to a friend.
No doubt, first hour England were on top. But 2nd hour Croatia owned England, they could have had atleast 4 goals. England hardly got any chances.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. -- Douglas Adams
Mar 24, 2015
779 posts
200 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Didn't expect England to reach that far, glad they did, but Croatia was better.
Pickford made the difference.
Sep 30, 2001
27152 posts
6126 upvotes
Toronto
what a total disappointment :(

Go France!!!!!
Don't talk about it, be about it
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
3971 posts
461 upvotes
Toronto
england got too comfortable. it's never a good thing when you score so early. But happy they went this far in the world cup. If they can add to their core players than i think they will do pretty good in Euros.
My Heatware no posting contact info in your sig
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
3074 posts
919 upvotes
Global Village
Everyone I talk to predicts a France win in the finals, Croatia must be seen as an overwhelming underdog Sunday. I'm rooting for them and the upset.
All day I dream about sports
Administrator
Apr 7, 2015
246 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto, ON
amitdi wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 4:43 pm
No doubt, first hour England were on top. But 2nd hour Croatia owned England, they could have had atleast 4 goals. England hardly got any chances.
TBH I figured England's pace would cause problems for Croatia as the game wore on, but clearly it didn't.
May 14, 2007
83 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
I am planning a World Cup Final party - looking for some decorative items with World Cup theme. Any suggestions on where I can find these items (e.g. napkin, table cover, banners, etc.) in and around GTA? I have already tried Amazon, but they don't have much.

Thanks.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
1300 posts
543 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ronnroz wrote:
Jul 13th, 2018 11:07 am
I am planning a World Cup Final party - looking for some decorative items with World Cup theme. Any suggestions on where I can find these items (e.g. napkin, table cover, banners, etc.) in and around GTA? I have already tried Amazon, but they don't have much.

Thanks.
Try the party store or Dollarama or any dollar store..lol But if you're a Croatia fan then just buy a red and white checkered table cloth, that's all you need to decorate the tables.
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Apr 4, 2017
649 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto
What time is the world Cup in Canada Time? In Toronto..
Mar 1, 2011
176 posts
16 upvotes
scoper wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 12:55 am
Everyone I talk to predicts a France win in the finals, Croatia must be seen as an overwhelming underdog Sunday. I'm rooting for them and the upset.
Everyone thought france would beat portugal in the last euro cup and look at how that turned out. France should win but you never know. Would be a huge disappointment if they lost this as well.