Sports & Recreation

World Cup thread Russia 18!!!

Deal Addict
May 31, 2007
1586 posts
14318 upvotes
Any recommendations for restaurants/bar to watch the games in Markham/Unionville
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
7784 posts
1349 upvotes
Ontario
I’ve always been a Messi fan, but the Argentine squad just doesn’t have the support he needs. I’ll be rooting for them, although I would be surprised if they even make the final 4.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
1130 posts
437 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Can't wait for Portugal VS Spain match up tomorrow!
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Aug 20, 2009
6542 posts
1208 upvotes
Grimsby
Don't post unofficial stream links or tell others how to do so in this thread please fellas.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2013
1599 posts
467 upvotes
Winnipeg
I normally watch full match replays for weekday matches. Canada is not in a very favorable timezone when it comes to football in general, except if the matches are in South America.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. -- Douglas Adams
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2015
1050 posts
142 upvotes
Mr_Fanta wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 9:18 am
World Cup starts today in the host country of Russia. Does anyone know where all the local Russian fans will be watching this opening match? I'm sure there must be a Russian neighborhood in the GTA which will be broadcasting the matches in their coffee shops and bars? Can somebody please name a place? Thanks!
Any pub in North York and Thornhill , many in Richmond Hill as well.
NDP for Unions, PC for people. Only PC can save Ontario.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2015
1050 posts
142 upvotes
Mr_Fanta wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 9:18 am
World Cup starts today in the host country of Russia. Does anyone know where all the local Russian fans will be watching this opening match? I'm sure there must be a Russian neighborhood in the GTA which will be broadcasting the matches in their coffee shops and bars? Can somebody please name a place? Thanks!
For example
If you're rooting for Russia, we want to provide an environment where Russian people feel like they're at home," said Fima Sitsker, owner of Red Square Sanduny, a Russian bar, restaurant and spa located at 1027 Finch Ave. W. near Dufferin Street

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/t ... -1.4705005
NDP for Unions, PC for people. Only PC can save Ontario.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
1130 posts
437 upvotes
Toronto, ON
amitdi wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 2:02 pm
I normally watch full match replays for weekday matches. Canada is not in a very favorable timezone when it comes to football in general, except if the matches are in South America.
Yea tell me bout it, Portugal-VS-Spain tomorrow at 11AM! I can't believe I will be missing this game. So sad, well I guess I'll have to tell my manager I'll be sick tomorrow..lol
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Mar 24, 2015
735 posts
185 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
lamboman wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 2:31 pm
Yea tell me bout it, Portugal-VS-Spain tomorrow at 11AM! I can't believe I will be missing this game. So sad, well I guess I'll have to tell my manager I'll be sick tomorrow..lol
"working from home" tomorrow. Can't wait Smiling Face With Sunglasses
I'm doing my work now and saving a draft email that I will send at noon ahah.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
1130 posts
437 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ckay1980 wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 10:04 pm
"working from home" tomorrow. Can't wait Smiling Face With Sunglasses
I'm doing my work now and saving a draft email that I will send at noon ahah.
lucky bastard! lol I hope your cable stops working and you have no internet connection because of a line issue outside your house..lol just j/k Enjoy the game live dude, who are you routing for?
Mar 24, 2015
735 posts
185 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
lamboman wrote:
Jun 15th, 2018 7:27 am
lucky bastard! lol I hope your cable stops working and you have no internet connection because of a line issue outside your house..lol just j/k Enjoy the game live dude, who are you routing for?
I'm for England at heart and always will, but have a thing for Belgium because Hazard is in it. Had a teenage crush on Maldini back in 1994. I cried when they lost to Brazil :(
I'm a woman by the way ahah.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
5868 posts
847 upvotes
Why don't they use the newly added VAR to stop the diving? 2 dives by Uruguay 1 resulted in the the goal
________

"Talent gets you in the door. Character keeps you in the room."
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
1130 posts
437 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ckay1980 wrote:
Jun 15th, 2018 9:23 am
I'm for England at heart and always will, but have a thing for Belgium because Hazard is in it. Had a teenage crush on Maldini back in 1994. I cried when they lost to Brazil :(
I'm a woman by the way ahah.
My bad, but what we can't call ladies dude's? lol If I was offensive in any way, please accept my apologies.
Jun 14, 2018
2 posts
Italian fan here - sad to see them not in the tournament, however still excited to see some world class football! Best of luck to everyone else, may the best team win!