Computers & Electronics

Is worldline (long distance company) good?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2013 11:26 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jun 11, 2007
15417 posts
1678 upvotes
Burnaby

Is worldline (long distance company) good?

http://www.worldline.ca/

I am just wondering if anyone tried this service and if it's good deal?

Any good long distance call deal there?

Thanks.
26 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2006
4069 posts
139 upvotes
:arrowu:
Bump

My friend says that calling from Ottawa -> Timmins there is a slight delay (you talk and there is dead air for a few seconds almost like you didn't say anything and then all of a sudden the person on the other side will reply).

Just wondering if anyone can share their experiences here regarding worldline...I'd most likely be making calls from Ottawa -> Toronto/Hamilton/Ancaster/Brantford.

Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2005
5670 posts
162 upvotes
GTA
Although you have posted this question in the wrong forum, I will give you my $0.02 worth!!!!

I don't think its that great of a deal. I use onlinetel for all of my LD within ontario and it's about $37/year (father inlaw pays for it, I just use it :lol: :lol: ). However for the rest of the LD calling (within Canada, The US, The UK, Sweden & India) I use babatel. Their rates are decent!!!!

sk
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2006
4069 posts
139 upvotes
sunnybono wrote:
Aug 15th, 2007 3:42 pm
Although you have posted this question in the wrong forum, I will give you my $0.02 worth!!!!
Haha oops! I guess I shouldn't have bumped...Didn't realize it was in the wrong forum...I just searched for worldline and this post reflected almost exactly what I was looking for

Anyways thanks for the info on OnlineTel...I read some of their "features" and they give you this plan for $37.50 but then they have these restrictions:

Oct 22, 2003
692 posts
6 upvotes
I cancelled my worldline service a few weeks ago.
I was a subscriber for a year, but in the past few months the quality has degraded. It was so bad that both ends couldn't hear each.

the worst part about this, when I called in to cancel the csr just asked for my phone number... and that was about it. so i was able to cancel my service with just a phone number and no identification.

avoid worldline. do what I did, get a rogers retentions plan and add the 1000 canadian LD minutes for $5.

hope this post helped.
Mar 5, 2008
12 posts
Markham
did anyone try to use worldline services with their Cell phone?
They claimed that there are call to cell phone is no extra charges for the long distance call. I will be working in Kitchener for a year so I will call back to Toronto frequently.
Nov 16, 2008
1 posts
kitchener
sunnybono wrote:
Aug 15th, 2007 3:42 pm

I don't think its that great of a deal. I use onlinetel for all of my LD within ontario and it's about $37/year (father inlaw pays for it, I just use it :lol: :lol: ). However for the rest of the LD calling (within Canada, The US, The UK, Sweden & India) I use babatel. Their rates are decent!!!!

sk

Onlinetel is owned by Worldline. Onlinetel is just a more restricted version of Worldline services. So, just go with Wordline.

It's hilarious, if you go to the Onlinetel.com website, they advertise their 10-11-295 number and at that site is says provided by Worldline International.

Also, another tip, if you plan to get dial up internet services from Worldline, just go to 295.ca It's half the price and the EXACT same service. It's the same access numbers, system, etc.
Jul 14, 2009
1 posts
Ottawa
So this has been my experience with Worldline:

My boyfriend has been using the company for years with no complaints. After about a year of not using it he decided to cancel his subscription with the idea of starting it up again when he needed it. The other day he received a voice mail on his phone from someone at Worldline asking him to update his account because the credit card he has on file has expired. He canceled the membership 10 months earlier. He called up the customer service line and explains this to them. They ask him what his cancellation number was. The person he asked to cancel never gave him one. At this point he's tired of explaining to them that he canceled (10 min into the call) so he asks them to cancel it now and just put an end to everything. The guy at the other end says "well you owe us $13 so we cant cancel". They have already taken money off of his credit card until the money was cut off and he was ready to walk away and now they are asking for $13. He asked again to cancel and then asked for the cancellation number so it wouldn't happen again and the guy refused. My boyfriend then demanded to talk to the supervisor and when he did the supervisor said its policy for their employees to give out cancellation numbers (which apparently they want you to remember about a year later if they ever screw up and don't cancel....which come to think of it doesn't make much sense because if they didn't actually cancel it when he asked them to, a cancellation number would not pop up on the screen for them to give and there is no way the computer would revert a cancellation. ) So basically the Supervisor was saying that its my boyfriends problem that his account wasn't canceled. Again my boyfriend asks for his account to be closed and for the precious number. The Supervisor says no and that he owes them $13....even after they took at least $40 from him. He refuses out of principle. The super' then tells him the they will send it to collections and that they will trace back to the day that he said he called (which my bf never specified because why would he remember the exact date) and listen to the call he made to the customer service person to prove he didn't cancel...I used to work a CSR on one of the biggest online dating sites and I know how call centers work and how CSRs live for drama with clients but this was ridiculous. Horrible customer service, empty threats about taking him to court... all over $13 that they have already taken from him twice over by not canceling his account in the first place.

In conclusion. Worldline does not know the first thing about customer service and should be avoided.
Dec 1, 2007
456 posts
47 upvotes
St Thomas, ON
Reece wrote:
Jul 15th, 2009 9:55 pm
So this has been my experience with Worldline:

My boyfriend has been using the company for years with no complaints. After about a year of not using it he decided to cancel his subscription with the idea of starting it up again when he needed it. The other day he received a voice mail on his phone from someone at Worldline asking him to update his account because the credit card he has on file has expired. He canceled the membership 10 months earlier. He called up the customer service line and explains this to them. They ask him what his cancellation number was. The person he asked to cancel never gave him one. At this point he's tired of explaining to them that he canceled (10 min into the call) so he asks them to cancel it now and just put an end to everything. The guy at the other end says "well you owe us $13 so we cant cancel". They have already taken money off of his credit card until the money was cut off and he was ready to walk away and now they are asking for $13. He asked again to cancel and then asked for the cancellation number so it wouldn't happen again and the guy refused. My boyfriend then demanded to talk to the supervisor and when he did the supervisor said its policy for their employees to give out cancellation numbers (which apparently they want you to remember about a year later if they ever screw up and don't cancel....which come to think of it doesn't make much sense because if they didn't actually cancel it when he asked them to, a cancellation number would not pop up on the screen for them to give and there is no way the computer would revert a cancellation. ) So basically the Supervisor was saying that its my boyfriends problem that his account wasn't canceled. Again my boyfriend asks for his account to be closed and for the precious number. The Supervisor says no and that he owes them $13....even after they took at least $40 from him. He refuses out of principle. The super' then tells him the they will send it to collections and that they will trace back to the day that he said he called (which my bf never specified because why would he remember the exact date) and listen to the call he made to the customer service person to prove he didn't cancel...I used to work a CSR on one of the biggest online dating sites and I know how call centers work and how CSRs live for drama with clients but this was ridiculous. Horrible customer service, empty threats about taking him to court... all over $13 that they have already taken from him twice over by not canceling his account in the first place.

In conclusion. Worldline does not know the first thing about customer service and should be avoided.

Sorry to revive a dead thread but I thought I'd share my experience with Worldline customer service as well:

The prices for the services are good, great in fact if you make use of the $13.95 unlimited worldwide talk plan to it's fullest value and the fact that their internet has no bandwidth cap.

HOWEVER,

I have to concur with the person above. Their customer service is ridiculously bad. I've worked for the devil (ie. Rogers) and their customer service representatives, although some may argue otherwise, are very well-trained compared to what Worldline offers. My first time calling them, the service rep had me waiting for almost 15 minutes while he "pulled up my file". I don't know what sort of computer software or record-keeping system they use but he must have had me on hold for the first 15 minutes of my conversation before we actually got to my problem. I was calling to ADD a service to my line and it took this long to get it done. He seemed very untrained on the other end and it was a very unprofessional experience.

I haven't experienced problems with their service yet and thus haven't had reason to call in and sort anything else out... I will admit though, I'd rather troubleshoot any problems I did have on my own rather than having to deal with the incompetence on the other end of the line when dealing with their customer service. I understand mine MAY have been an isolated experience but the same issue as above, no security questions were asked to verify my identity.

Either their practices as a company are very poor or they need to do a better job when hiring/training employees. I felt like the person on the other end was working out of their basement and not in a professional call centre atmosphere. Cutting costs is great but please offer customers an experience that they will reflect positively on. Has no one ever told them their customer service is deplorable??
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2011
4225 posts
55 upvotes
NORTH YORK
myversa wrote:
Jun 13th, 2007 2:49 pm
http://www.worldline.ca/

I am just wondering if anyone tried this service and if it's good deal?

Any good long distance call deal there?

Thanks.
Yes. Its part of The Fibernetics Group of Companies.
Mar 31, 2009
8 posts
Ottawa
jello_bob wrote:
Oct 14th, 2011 1:56 pm
... I have to concur with the person above. Their customer service is ridiculously bad. I've worked for the devil (ie. Rogers) and their customer service representatives, although some may argue otherwise, are very well-trained compared to what Worldline offers. My first time calling them, the service rep had me waiting for almost 15 minutes while he "pulled up my file". ...

I haven't experienced problems with their service yet and thus haven't had reason to call in and sort anything else out... I will admit though, I'd rather troubleshoot any problems I did have on my own rather than having to deal with the incompetence on the other end of the line when dealing with their customer service.

Thanks for the warning. I have had Worldline long distance for several years and find it's good value for the money. At that price I put up with occasional voice glitches and outages. Just use YAK instead if it's urgent. It often helps get the call thru if I start keying in the called number b4 the voice announcement ends.
Feb 18, 2011
175 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
I've been with Worldline long distance for about five years. I have it on my cell and landline. For $3.95 for two lines, it's a bargain. I've never had any kind of issue and I can't tell the difference between a direct phone call and using Worldline. I haven't really had to deal with customer service. My only complaint is that I was supposed to get two months free for referring someone and I never got the credit. I couldn't be bothered to call about it.

I'd like to learn more about the landline and internet combo. I'd love to drop a couple services from Rogers but I'd like to hear more reviews first.
Dec 11, 2011
1 posts
STITTSVILLE
I have had worldline for about 6 or more years now and I love it. I did have an incidence a few years ago when I couldn't reach my daughter who was in the States at that time but they finally fixed the problem. I have their international plan but two of my kids have their Canadian plan. What I like also that it can be linked to your cell phone. My kids are only using it on their cell phone. Where else are you going to get such low rates. I have told all my family about this company. Worth it!!!
× < >