• Last Updated:
  • Apr 25th, 2012 10:07 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 25, 2008
1 posts
Hamilton

Worldwide industries hamilton??

Anyone know about this place? they had an ad in the spec saying water quality technician, i went in and it all seems like a scam. If anyone has been to an interview/orientation i would really liek to hear from you, they want me back at 10am tomorrow.
16 replies
Oct 26, 2009
1 posts
Grimsby
Hey man, I say the same ad in the Grimsby News and I went in for an interview today and I got hired later this evening. It didn't seem like a scam to me, the interview was like no other interview Ive ever had tho. I'm going in tomorrow morning at 10 for training. It better be legit, I need to work just as bad as the next guy.
Jun 9, 2010
1 posts
hamilton
i have a interview there on mondasy so wonder if it a good place let me know anyone
Jun 10, 2010
1 posts
Brantford
The girl who called me was very vague about the company and actually quite rude...she wouldn't say anything and her only answers to any question was "We are World Wide Industries" Like I didn't know that....and she also said they had 8 ads out and she had no idea what I applied for...I told her I wasn't interested and hung up. I sent out an inquiry to the BBB of South Central Ontario
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2010
3552 posts
83 upvotes
RFD OT: Serious answers to stupid questions.
RFD Definition of 'troll': Someone whose opinion you don't like.
Sep 13, 2010
1 posts
1 upvote
Hamilton
TylerBean wrote:
Aug 26th, 2008 10:54 pm
Anyone know about this place? they had an ad in the spec saying water quality technician, i went in and it all seems like a scam. If anyone has been to an interview/orientation i would really liek to hear from you, they want me back at 10am tomorrow.

I hope someone reports these people. I dont know what they do there but they are obviously being deceptive.
Today, Sept. 14/ 10, there is a job posting for "Outbound customer service representative" so at least they're being a bit more honest because the job is ( i think ) telemarketing. They did have a job posting for "water quality technician" ....a quick call to one of their other offices and i found out that they dont manufacture/ produce / service anything....they lady on the phone said " we sell water puriefiers"

also....check out this fake website they have and read what they say.....very weird.
http://www.wwindu.com/Start_up.htm

I hope you didnt waste your time and go in for the interview.....i didnt.
Feb 11, 2011
1 posts
1 upvote
Ontario
***********ALERT********** I am a past employee of these "guys". They have also operated under the name "Global Air Care" and "simple H20" (Which lasted about 3 months before we all blew the wissle on them.

What they did was they would hire young students, or single mothers--people generally desperate for work. They would tell us we were being paid $18 an hour. After a week of training with that premise, they supplied us with an employment contract (after already working for 4 days) stating that we were "private consultants" and that we would only be paid the equivalent of a Month salary that one would make based on $18 an hour (approx. 2300). The big IF was that to get that pay you had to complete 50 demonstrations of their product at households in that month. HOWEVER, there was no guarantee that they would provide you with the 50 demonstration. Logic would also tell you that it would be impossible to provide 50 demonstrations a month for the 14 people they had hired.

Moreover, I showed up early for work one day (at 9 AM, we werent supposed to show till 12) and I saw them interviewing young people to hire for the following week!.

At the end of the week after they presented us with the contract, they then began to press us to sell their products to friends or family members. Or at the very least do six "practice" demonstratiosn in order to be hired for the following week.

Honestly, I can go on and on about this company. On a macro level they are a Pyramid Scheme. They hire people, and those people make sales, but you make money on the person you hire. Then if your "good" enough to hire another person who makes sales you can then make money of their sales.

Its a totally unethical company, and actually illegal what they are doing.

IF YOU WORKED FOR THEM AND THEY DID NOT PAY YOU FOR YOUR TRAINING, REPORT THEM TO THE LABOUR BOARD OF ONTARIO AS STATUTORY AND COMMON LAW IN ONTARIO REQUIRES EMPLOYERS TO PAY FOR TRAINING EVEN IF YOU CONTRACT OUT OF IT. CONTRACTING OUT OF PAY IS AN INVALID CONTRACT (I AM A LAW STUDENT I KNOW THIS).

Furthermore, they hire you on the basis that you will be paid hourly, and do not tell you otherwise until you have already spent a week with them. Basic contract law forbids terms of a contract to be inserted AFTER you have already entered a contract.

Report your case to : www.hamiltonworkersunited.com. It is a local organization which has recently been going after these guys. Also, google "global air care scam" to see a whole thread of people who experienced these people's scams.

Good Luck, and I hope one day our government will work harder to prevent these types of scams. Furthermore, SPREAD THE WORD and educate people about this type of scam.

--ScamHunter--
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2004
3814 posts
166 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
TOTAL SCAM!!! Avoid Simple h2o!!!!
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2009
2126 posts
198 upvotes
TO
GLOBAL AIR CARE? IS IT THESE PEOPLE? WHAT A SCAM haha
Sep 13, 2010
5 posts
canada
okay.. i got a call form world wide industry asked me to arrange a time for a interview....after saw this thread..i will just walk away.... :mad: ```i don't like scam!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2008
1394 posts
120 upvotes
Vancouver
People are still dumb enough to fall for these scams?

You can tell it's fake right away when a dude with 1 post responds to the thread giving the company a good review.
Jun 13, 2011
1 posts
SMITHVILLE
i just got called in for an interview for a place called World Water, but when i went to check out the website online but i couldnt find it!!!however i did find a business on yellowpages with the same phone number and address, and its called World Wide Industries....so is it a scam??? after i read everyone elses posts i seem to think it is!!!!!!
Jul 24, 2011
2 posts
2 upvotes
BURLINGTON
ScamHunter wrote:
Feb 12th, 2011 12:30 pm
***********ALERT********** I am a past employee of these "guys". They have also operated under the name "Global Air Care" and "simple H20" (Which lasted about 3 months before we all blew the wissle on them.

What they did was they would hire young students, or single mothers--people generally desperate for work. They would tell us we were being paid $18 an hour. After a week of training with that premise, they supplied us with an employment contract (after already working for 4 days) stating that we were "private consultants" and that we would only be paid the equivalent of a Month salary that one would make based on $18 an hour (approx. 2300). The big IF was that to get that pay you had to complete 50 demonstrations of their product at households in that month. HOWEVER, there was no guarantee that they would provide you with the 50 demonstration. Logic would also tell you that it would be impossible to provide 50 demonstrations a month for the 14 people they had hired.

Moreover, I showed up early for work one day (at 9 AM, we werent supposed to show till 12) and I saw them interviewing young people to hire for the following week!.

At the end of the week after they presented us with the contract, they then began to press us to sell their products to friends or family members. Or at the very least do six "practice" demonstratiosn in order to be hired for the following week.

Honestly, I can go on and on about this company. On a macro level they are a Pyramid Scheme. They hire people, and those people make sales, but you make money on the person you hire. Then if your "good" enough to hire another person who makes sales you can then make money of their sales.

Its a totally unethical company, and actually illegal what they are doing.

IF YOU WORKED FOR THEM AND THEY DID NOT PAY YOU FOR YOUR TRAINING, REPORT THEM TO THE LABOUR BOARD OF ONTARIO AS STATUTORY AND COMMON LAW IN ONTARIO REQUIRES EMPLOYERS TO PAY FOR TRAINING EVEN IF YOU CONTRACT OUT OF IT. CONTRACTING OUT OF PAY IS AN INVALID CONTRACT (I AM A LAW STUDENT I KNOW THIS).

Furthermore, they hire you on the basis that you will be paid hourly, and do not tell you otherwise until you have already spent a week with them. Basic contract law forbids terms of a contract to be inserted AFTER you have already entered a contract.

Report your case to : www.hamiltonworkersunited.com. It is a local organization which has recently been going after these guys. Also, google "global air care scam" to see a whole thread of people who experienced these people's scams.

Good Luck, and I hope one day our government will work harder to prevent these types of scams. Furthermore, SPREAD THE WORD and educate people about this type of scam.

--ScamHunter--
I have had similar experiences with companies that are like this. They usually advertise with "Paid training guaranteened 240.00 per week." They were door to door sales companies such as Kirby Vacuum cleaners or other door to door sales companies. Please be aware! THEY ARE NOT WORTH YOUR TIME!!!!
× < >