Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2016
1068 posts
801 upvotes

Worldwide market crash is coming

Valuations are extremely out of proportion. I think way more than half of so-called "blue chip" companies are trading at ridiculous pe ratios. It will start with Ponzi digital currencies, then Amazon and Apple. Watch this space. If I'm wrong I'll just change my username.
77 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2016
2360 posts
1193 upvotes
If you change your name to greytoyota, wouldn't you then have to paint your car?
I guess you could always trade the car in, and change your name to greenhyundai.
Just a thought.
Jul 27, 2017
500 posts
139 upvotes
GTA
With yesterday's new high on Wall St, you may have a point & if that's the case, how would someone make money in the stock market?

Would you suggest shorting (last at) AMZN $996 or AAPL $157?

Revisit this post in 30-days to see if the world has gone to $hit
Deal Addict
May 31, 2007
4444 posts
1546 upvotes
Earnings and profits are still growing, still economies improving. Yes some valuations lofty but this is priced in as earnings continue to grow.

Stay balanced so you're ready when the bad times come.
Jul 27, 2017
500 posts
139 upvotes
GTA
coolintheshade wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 7:40 am
If you change your name to greytoyota, wouldn't you then have to paint your car?
I guess you could always trade the car in, and change your name to greenhyundai.
Just a thought.
Blacktoyota if the market keeps on going up & Redtoyota if the market drops
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2016
1068 posts
801 upvotes
porticoman wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 7:42 am
With yesterday's new high on Wall St, you may have a point & if that's the case, how would someone make money in the stock market?

Would you suggest shorting (last at) AMZN $996 or AAPL $157?

Revisit this post in 30-days to see if the world has gone to $hit
I am a voyeur. I like to sit and watch.
Oct 27, 2014
379 posts
273 upvotes
Toronto, ON
OP, I think it is a mental illness to be certain of future events.
Banned
Aug 2, 2017
29 posts
11 upvotes
I think the ups and downs are pretty cyclical. And the major crashes do happen every few years or so. So just based on that and the law of averages we are definitely in for a crash by the end of the year.

Some major crashes .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_s ... ar_markets

You can see a pattern in the last 20 years - Its mostly Tech stocks collapsing, China Bubble bursting or US Real estate mortgage crisis.

I feel the Tech stocks bursting & China bubble bursting both will happen again in the next year or so.

Amazon will burst, people like WM, Costco are steadily catching up, and unlike Amazon they actually have profits to show. Tesla will also collapse, that whole electric car nonsense is not really going to take off, too expensive & impractical.

Also some social media stocks like Facebook will burst, as people will get sick & tired of SM.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
1922 posts
679 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
It will happen and continue to happen - it's part of the market cycle. The question is when. Maybe sooner, maybe later - who knows.
Feb 26, 2017
331 posts
93 upvotes
I have a feeling this will be a down year. The counter point is I don't trust my ability to market time. I've actually put more funds in this year than ever before...
Jul 27, 2017
500 posts
139 upvotes
GTA
It's a crap shoot for the reason anything at any time can cause a shift. No one can tell you or predict an overnight drop or increase in a 'stock market index' or any individual stock.

Whether you believe in a cyclical or secular market (will history always repeat itself at a given date), it's all about the individual if they have their affairs in order.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1631 posts
711 upvotes
Hamilton
Glad there's still dissenting views on the market. When everyone starts saying the same thing that's when you need to worry.
Jul 27, 2017
500 posts
139 upvotes
GTA
Dpack22 wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 9:34 am
Glad there's still dissenting views on the market. When everyone starts saying the same thing that's when you need to worry.
Usually happens after at least 3 days of a down market when everyone starts the 'doom & gloom' prophecy, then the media jump all over it. In the meantime the market is in a BULL run or is it?