None
Jul 27, 2017
446 posts
108 upvotes
GTA
mathiewannabe wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 9:44 am
are u becoming senile?
If that was directed at me & not the OP, I'm forever having a senior moment & at 70 years of age I qualify
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
4033 posts
1299 upvotes
porticoman wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 9:46 am
If that was directed at me & not the OP, I'm forever having a senior moment & at 70 years of age I qualify
Talking about op who thinks apple and amazon are ponzi currencies..
Jul 27, 2017
446 posts
108 upvotes
GTA
mathiewannabe wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 9:52 am
:facepalm:

OK, see that was me & my senior moment trying to read into things

Now back to my armchair for a nap till the next crazy idea gets posted
[OP]
Dec 13, 2016
941 posts
729 upvotes
mathiewannabe wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 9:52 am
First of all, what does being senile have to do with the statement about Apple and Amazon being Ponzi?

After you answer this, please indicate where did I actually say that Amazon and Apple are Ponzi currencies?
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
4033 posts
1299 upvotes
BiegeToyota wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 10:06 am
First of all, what does being senile have to do with the statement about Apple and Amazon being Ponzi?

After you answer this, please indicate where did I actually say that Amazon and Apple are Ponzi currencies?
oh i see you're talking about crypto currencies.. maybe i am having a senile moment in my 20s.

bitcoin is not ponzi. will be worth 100k usd within 10 years.

also, Apple has insane amount of cash reserve that i dont understand how you can just say it has too high of a valuation.
Apr 22, 2014
392 posts
184 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Yeah, AAPL is really overvalued trading at an astronomical PE of 17.9.
[OP]
Dec 13, 2016
941 posts
729 upvotes
mathiewannabe wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 10:09 am

bitcoin is not ponzi. will be worth 100k usd within 10 years.

Maybe.... maybe not.

According to Wiki there are another 900 currencies on the "market".

Bitcoin may end up being my-space of crypto.....
philland wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 10:14 am
Yeah, AAPL is really overvalued trading at an astronomical PE of 17.9.
I am thinking more about the end of the cycle.... the new kid on the block.

Atari, Commodore, Nokia, RIM
Jun 28, 2016
197 posts
83 upvotes
A market crash is definitely coming, but it may not come this year or even next year. Earnings and growth are solid, while interest rates and energy prices are very low. That's pretty good news for the market.

On the other hand, global debt is becoming a more serious problem every year, interest rates are slowly rising, the Fed is planning to unwind its balance sheet and (as nuclear, coal, oil and gas are all either unprofitable or barely profitable) energy prices will probably be on their way up eventually. Also, as you noted, with the exception of the tech bubble, valuations are as high as they've ever been

At some point, some combination of the factors above are likely to tip us into a recession, which will probably be worse than normal due to high global leverage. However, there's no telling exactly when it will happen. I tend to think the most likely catalysts are either some geopolitical event (say in Venezuela, for example) rapidly increasing energy costs, the Fed mismanaging unwinding its balance sheet or a sharp slowdown in Chinese growth, but there's no way to really tell when any of these events might reach a critical point or whether something else entirely might kick things off).
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2006
1656 posts
588 upvotes
Montreal
Excellent. Looking forward to it. Thanks for the heads up.
Last edited by Germack on Aug 3rd, 2017 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 3, 2014
989 posts
172 upvotes
Ontario
BiegeToyota wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 7:34 am
Valuations are extremely out of proportion. I think way more than half of so-called "blue chip" companies are trading at ridiculous pe ratios. It will start with Ponzi digital currencies, then Amazon and Apple. Watch this space. If I'm wrong I'll just change my username.
Put your money where your mouth is. Bet it all on an imminent crash and then your username can change to: buspassballer or beigeferrari
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
2658 posts
366 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
BiegeToyota wrote:
Valuations are extremely out of proportion. I think way more than half of so-called "blue chip" companies are trading at ridiculous pe ratios. It will start with Ponzi digital currencies, then Amazon and Apple. Watch this space. If I'm wrong I'll just change my username.
where were you this time 9 years ago?
signature removed for inappropriate content
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2003
9953 posts
358 upvotes
Moncton, NB
I remember in 2014-2015 a buddy and I were talking and wondering if we should sell everything and keep it in cash because a crash was imminent. We would have waited a long time had we done so... Thankfully I've matured since then and my new plan is to keep investing until it crashes and then when it crashes, I plan on investing a lot more!
KitKat item collector- always looking for swag or branded items.
Apr 23, 2009
780 posts
115 upvotes
# 1 if you win
# 2 if you lose
BiegeToyota wrote:
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2006
2122 posts
672 upvotes
Someone many months ago decided to short the big banks...
I believe some of the banks will begin to cut dividends within a year...maximum 18 months just to be safe...in the meantime I think RY and TD will be down between 15-25% from these levels
18 months plus that (insert derogatory name) is Wrong! Now someone who may or may not drive a beige Toyota has decided:
now the the OP has clearly stated in the past:
BiegeToyota wrote: I'm too stupid
how are we to trust that you would in fact change your user name.....
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2016
1724 posts
622 upvotes
My wife also drives a Beige Toyota and she is confident that there will be no world wide market crash. Maybe a correction or a temporary bear market, but not a world wide crash

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)