• Last Updated:
  • Feb 26th, 2019 3:26 pm
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
23891 posts
9454 upvotes
oroku1983 wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 11:54 pm
If you mean Sanders was responsible for this he had been dead for over a decade when they changed it to kfc sometime in the early to mid 90s if im remembering correctly.
I don't think Sanders has anything to do with it, but the name change goes with my internal timeline of when the food changed.
Not that my internal timeline is accurate, but it kind of feels like that's when it happened.
Jan 4, 2010
657 posts
392 upvotes
Waterloo
Raggie wrote: Sherway looks nice but their food selection is so blah. Their food court was better before the renovations.
Yeah I miss bird droppings in my food.
Jan 4, 2010
657 posts
392 upvotes
Waterloo
I wouldnt eat anything from the Toronto premium food court. Stuff is usually sitting there all day. That pizza joint looks good from a far. It’s once you get close you see
they stack old pizza on top of each other, they make too much and I wonder if they use it again the next day.

IMO dufferin mall make good food because they aren’t eaton centre, sq1, Yorkdale busy and they have a lot of regulars. we used to own the New York fries there so we got to know everyone and tried out their food. Not biased but our fries were damn crispy and good, the jimmy Greek was the best and subway had a great manager who really cares. They were also family owned and not run by a bunch of 16 years old.
Last edited by tinbitz on Feb 24th, 2019 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
14651 posts
2729 upvotes
Toronto
tinbitz wrote:
Feb 24th, 2019 7:41 pm
IMO dufferin mall make good food because they aren’t like eating centre, sq1, Yorkdale busy and they have a lot of regulars. we used to own the New York fries there so we got to know everyone and tried out their food. Not biased but our fries were damn crispy and good, the jimmy Greek was the best and subway had a great manager who really cares. They were also family owned and not run by a bunch of 16 years old.
Newly renovated Dufferin mall food court is actually pretty good. No more McDonald's. Good to see A&W there now. Real cheddar and all, A&W Canada has amazing burgers.

I still say my vote for worst food court in Toronto is the Aura food court @ Yonge & Gerrard.
It's sad to see such an abandoned place with only one food vendor left, possibly two.

Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
41070 posts
4852 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
playnicee1 wrote:
Feb 24th, 2019 8:47 pm
Newly renovated Dufferin mall food court is actually pretty good. No more McDonald's. Good to see A&W there now. Real cheddar and all, A&W Canada has amazing burgers.

I still say my vote for worst food court in Toronto is the Aura food court @ Yonge & Gerrard.
It's sad to see such an abandoned place with only one food vendor left, possibly two.

Aura food court wins!
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
41070 posts
4852 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
playnicee1 wrote:
Feb 24th, 2019 8:47 pm

Aura food court wins!
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2009
2406 posts
916 upvotes
Toronto
oroku1983 wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 11:54 pm
If you mean Sanders was responsible for this he had been dead for over a decade when they changed it to kfc sometime in the early to mid 90s if im remembering correctly.
I recall at the time of the name change, there was that urban legend that it was because they could no longer legally call it chicken (implying it was genetically grown).
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
5165 posts
2143 upvotes
why isn't splendid china in the mix?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
5933 posts
4026 upvotes
Toronto
LOL at people judging some of the fast food joints at food courts like they were Michelin-rated restaurants
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝